HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Week of May 24

Old
05-24-2009, 10:06 PM
KesseltoLupul

vCash: 500
Lecavalier for Kaberle, Grabovski, Tlusty and 7th Overall

Leafs Sign the Sedins.

Blake - Lecavalier - Stempniak
D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Kulemin
Hagman - Bozak - Stajan
Mayers - Mitchell - Hanson

Kubina - Stralman
Schenn - White
Finger - Oreskovic

Toskala
Pogge

KesseltoLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Matt Carle isn't French Canadian. The Carle that is, is Mathieu Carle who is already in our system. Matt has dropped a fair amount. A trade between Montréal and Philly won't really happen, especially for Briere. If I'm not mistaken, he already talked a little about the pressures of playing in Montréal for a French Canadian, and throw on top of that he shunned the habs before and he'd be boo'd as Montréal fans aren't very forgiving at times.

If anything, Montréal will try hard to up the price for Lecavalier. However, if it is Jack Johnson and a 5th, Montréal can't really compete with that. Though, Lecavalier is a French-Canadian, he is a big centre and he is a superstar, so the French Canadians get a big name player they've longed for, the other fans get a superstar they've longed for and it's a win win situation. Possibility of any of this happening... asking me on July 1st and I'll tell ya.

To be fairly honest, I don't really care about the conference finals, or the cup finals, I want the draft to get here.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 10:34 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatley15 View Post
I'd still like some links, kinda hard to watch hockey night in Canada at camping
almost all were on spector's site as well

I think when people post this discussion they should loo around the baor as half of these have their own thread and are being beaten to death there

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 10:43 PM
angelgirl77

A few weeks ago, a pittsburgh website (TIOPS) reported that Malone asked to be traded. Is there any truth to this? I haven't found it on any other site.

angelgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 10:49 PM
allin4466

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
Lecavalier for Kaberle, Grabovski, Tlusty and 7th Overall

Leafs Sign the Sedins.

Blake - Lecavalier - Stempniak
D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Kulemin
Hagman - Bozak - Stajan
Mayers - Mitchell - Hanson

Kubina - Stralman
Schenn - White
Finger - Oreskovic

Toskala
Pogge
That team still struggles to make the playoffs IMO

allin4466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 12:32 AM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by allin4466 View Post
That team still struggles to make the playoffs IMO
I pity any goalie infront of that defence.

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 02:22 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBearMountain View Post
If this is the case, I haven't seen it. You would think there would be more than a hotstove blip about them defaulting on "most everything".
NHL keeps that stuff sealed up. Look at Phoenix? It was on Tuesday's FAN. Bob McCown's show.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 02:24 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML Rebuild View Post
Is Stamkos no longer considered a "franchise talent" by Tampa anymore?
He can't go it alone

Old
05-25-2009, 02:45 AM
Randall Graves*

Philly trying to get out of Brieres contract, what a shocker

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 07:08 AM
Symphony X

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelgirl77 View Post
A few weeks ago, a pittsburgh website (TIOPS) reported that Malone asked to be traded. Is there any truth to this? I haven't found it on any other site.
Not according to Malone:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=4...HL0188-128005&

He is either in Minny or on his way very soon to help some of the younger guys with Tocchet's offseason training program.

Symphony X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Philly trying to get out of Brieres contract, what a shocker
Available UFA #1/#2 centers in no order:
Sundin (is he going to play all 82 games is he going to retire? Is he going to play after Christamas?)
Sedins bros (got to sign both, D.Sedin is a LW)
Cammalleri, Mike (LW/C good option)
Antropov, Nik (I do not consider him as #1 center but what the hell)
Koivu, Saku (is he #1 center at this point of his career, probably not)
Possible Lecavalier rumor

6 available centers, one may retire (Sundin) and one (Lecavalier) may not be traded, 2 injury prone Antropov and Koivu I am being generous when I say #1 center here.

Vancouver (if Sedins leave), Toronto (Burke will try to get something done maybe he will go after Sedins he drafted them), Montreal(what will they do?), Atlanta (maybe they will do something Kovalchuk needs #1 center), NYI (no idea what will happen there), Florida (looong shot but possible especially after losing Jay-Bo and his contract), Minnesota (could use a center, maybe Saku will go there), Colorado (they could use #2 Sakic is not getting any younger)

Last edited by Kaktus*: 05-25-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 09:55 AM
angelgirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony X View Post
Not according to Malone:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=4...HL0188-128005&

He is either in Minny or on his way very soon to help some of the younger guys with Tocchet's offseason training program.
Thank you, I have seen this one already.

here is the article that I was talking about

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...e-draft/11126/

angelgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 02:53 PM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBearMountain View Post
If this is the case, I haven't seen it. You would think there would be more than a hotstove blip about them defaulting on "most everything".
http://fan590.com/onair/primetimesports/

Download May 19 show, at 12:50 mark onward

Old
05-25-2009, 05:12 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
NHL keeps that stuff sealed up. Look at Phoenix? It was on Tuesday's FAN. Bob McCown's show.
Phoenix wasn't sealed up, and again with the whole "make it seven" push, the media is swirling like a pack of bloodthirsty sharks. If something like that was actually happening with a southern team, they'd be all over it right now.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 06:27 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Montreal has NO interest in Briere without some sort of overpayment on the flyers part. That ship has sailed.
Thanks Bob, way to clear that up for us.

However, I'd agree taking on that kind of a contract is risky... and adding Briere would only add to their logjam of decent centers.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 06:29 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Matt Carle isn't French Canadian. The Carle that is, is Mathieu Carle who is already in our system. Matt has dropped a fair amount. A trade between Montréal and Philly won't really happen, especially for Briere. If I'm not mistaken, he already talked a little about the pressures of playing in Montréal for a French Canadian, and throw on top of that he shunned the habs before and he'd be boo'd as Montréal fans aren't very forgiving at times.

If anything, Montréal will try hard to up the price for Lecavalier. However, if it is Jack Johnson and a 5th, Montréal can't really compete with that. Though, Lecavalier is a French-Canadian, he is a big centre and he is a superstar, so the French Canadians get a big name player they've longed for, the other fans get a superstar they've longed for and it's a win win situation. Possibility of any of this happening... asking me on July 1st and I'll tell ya.

To be fairly honest, I don't really care about the conference finals, or the cup finals, I want the draft to get here.
Amen to that. Detroit and Pittsburgh will be a good series, but it's nothing new.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 06:46 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
The NHL has to wake up and bring Hockey teams in American markets where it is obviously not working back to Canada...WINNIPEG, QUEBEC!!!

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
The NHL has to wake up and bring Hockey teams in American markets where it is obviously not working back to Canada...WINNIPEG, QUEBEC!!!

05-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Yeah, because there was so much support to keep those teams there . And anyway, the NHL just can't take the Tampa, Florida, Atlanta, and Dallas franchises and uproot them. LOL. Only the owners can decide if they want their franchises to relocate or not. And so far, they have not decided that, so they have every right to keep their franchises where they want. Phoenix is in a bit of a different situation, though, I'll admit.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 10:26 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yeah, because there was so much support to keep those teams there .

Support was never something the Jets lacked. It was just a rough economy, and a weak dollar that hurt them.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:25 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Montreal FANS have NO interest in Briere without some sort of overpayment on the flyers part. That ship has sailed.

There, I fixed it for you. You have no idea what their management actually feels about Briere. I know that the fans see him as small and soft and not what the team needs but maybe management feels differently.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
There, I fixed it for you. You have no idea what their management actually feels about Briere. I know that the fans see him as small and soft and not what the team needs but maybe management feels differently.
They might, but not likely. You've seen how terrible the Montréal media is. If Montréal acquires Briere they'll be all over Gainey for getting Briere after he declined a bigger contract to sign with the flyers. He'll probably be gone in a year anyways.

Compared to Gomez, or Drury, Briere's contract is good, but with that Montréal would need to acquire someone like Malone, Hartnell, someone who is big, can create room and finish to create some room for Briere so he can be as effective as he can be.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:35 AM
phlocky

Quote:
I AGREE!!!

Some of these teams losing so much money are the reason the cap is falling. Honestly, this would be like me being a terrible driver, wrecking multiple cars and no longer being able to pay my car insurance and then EXPECTING YOU to pay my insurance and car payment for me so that I can go out joy riding. Would you'r life be any worse off if you didn't have to carry my lack of driving skills any more??? NO!!!

Old
05-26-2009, 11:48 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
They might, but not likely. You've seen how terrible the Montréal media is. If Montréal acquires Briere they'll be all over Gainey for getting Briere after he declined a bigger contract to sign with the flyers. He'll probably be gone in a year anyways.

Compared to Gomez, or Drury, Briere's contract is good, but with that Montréal would need to acquire someone like Malone, Hartnell, someone who is big, can create room and finish to create some room for Briere so he can be as effective as he can be.
I don't think that Briere i going to Montreal but to say difinatively that HE'S NOT and acting like YOU have the final say is just plain silly.

There are many things each off season the would seem to make sense to do but not very many usually happen. It might make sense for Mont to pick up riere so they have a true #1 center. It might make sense for them to trade Halak for a nice package (Price IS their franchise goalie of the future and Halak really improved his stock with his good play this season when Price struggled). It might make sense for the Habs to aquire Carle to help their blue line, it might make sense for the Flyers to aquire the rights to Komi and sign him for added toughness on their blue line, but this doesn't mean that ANY of these things will happen.

The truth is that what WE as fans and those in in the media think make sense aren't often the same as what the REAL NHL GM's are thinking. I mean just look at last year. The biggest deal involved Dan Boyle, a player who was just resigned and then traded. NOBODY saw this coming and it was the biggest news of the off-season. If we talk about it here it's probably TOO obvous and not very likely to happen. The GM's know their job, players in the league, and the direction they want to take the team far far better than any of us can GUESS. Thy will not really tell us what they are going to do or what they are thinking or planning and 99% of the time, the "guesses" made by us and the media are just plain wrong. COULD any of these deals happen??? Certainly, but I'm not betting one single nickle on any of them happening.

Old
05-26-2009, 03:12 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yeah, because there was so much support to keep those teams there . And anyway, the NHL just can't take the Tampa, Florida, Atlanta, and Dallas franchises and uproot them. LOL. Only the owners can decide if they want their franchises to relocate or not. And so far, they have not decided that, so they have every right to keep their franchises where they want. Phoenix is in a bit of a different situation, though, I'll admit.
Tens of thousands of people showed up at the "save the Jets day" in Winnipeg!
200 people showed up for the Coyotes!!!!

In Quebec the government did'nt want to get involved, but the league did'nt do anything like they did'nt for other USA market if i remebered correctly.

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote