Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Press Conference

Old
05-26-2009, 03:34 PM
StreakingRed
"Yeeeaaah Baby!"

vCash: 500
Jock Wilson: "Why don't you just make the announcement today? We're all expecting it anyway, just get it out of the way."

Darryl Sutter: "I don't work on your timeline, Jock. That's important. Secondly..."

I love Sutter interviews.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 03:44 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole435 View Post
Man did Sutter make our top players sound special needs cases....
Because they are... look at how they underperformed this season except Regehr... Regehr is the total rock of this team and I know I was peppered in the past and will say it again, he is C potential. No disrespect for Iginla he is the super star but the meat and potatoes player is Regehr.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Gold Pads*
HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!

The Calgary Sun already has a story on this.

http://www.calgarysun.com/sports/hoc...6/9577241.html

Gold Pads* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Grannys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
The new coach will get to pick his staff.
good news!!

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Treliving The Dream

Sutter saying in an interview that Nemisz and Backlund will both have a good shot at making the team in September.

Treliving The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Grannys

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGY View Post
Sutter saying in an interview that Nemisz and Backlund will both have a good shot at making the team in September.
more good news!!

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 04:15 PM
StreakingRed
"Yeeeaaah Baby!"

Sutter was just on the Fan 960 with Rob Kerr, Boomer and Peter Maher, spoke on some things. He said Lowry was a candidate for the Abbotsford position. Perhaps if Playfair turns down the offer, we could be seeing Lowry behind the bench with the Heat?

Old
05-26-2009, 04:25 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Sutter was just on the Fan 960 with Rob Kerr, Boomer and Peter Maher, spoke on some things. He said Lowry was a candidate for the Abbotsford position. Perhaps if Playfair turns down the offer, we could be seeing Lowry behind the bench with the Heat?
Totally or an asasistant... I liked how Sutter said the new head coach does not have to have previous NHL head coaching experience... open to everything

Old
05-26-2009, 04:36 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGY View Post
Excellent we could use Niemsz help on the wing, Right now our wingers are Moss, Bourque, Iginla, and i would guess Glencross. not quite who i would want in the top 6.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 09:57 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Haven't listened to the PC yet, but done a lot of reading. Pretty happy with a lot of the things Sutter said.

To me it sounds like he wants his brother and if forced will be behind the bench this season until his contract expires with NJ. Wonder who the other 2 coaches are that he would like?

Assistants gone. Thank God. Need a change and they had to go. Like the fact he offered Playfair the chance to coach Abbotsford. I've said it before, but I really like Jimmy and would be happy if he stays in the organization. I'm thinking McGill is looking at a promotion to assistant coach.

Keenan had the choice to retain the assistants or bring in his own guys. Very interesting and something I don't think anyone really knew.

Just some of the things I found interesting when reading some sites. Looking forward to listening to the whole PC when I get some time.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
I agree, I think it sounds like Darryl if he has to will come in and coach next season if he can't get a top coach or his brother. Then when Brent's contract is up, he comes and steps in next year.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 12:16 AM
FLAMESTR

I blog at a site so I get a lot of people telling me some really silly things but this one made sense. I was told by many people and heard it on many media outlets, I really thought this was a shoe in. Well it looks like I need to do more research before I put my foot in mouth syndrome again.

FLAMESTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 03:46 PM
StreakingRed
"Yeeeaaah Baby!"

Jim Playfair comments in the Calgary herald:

Quote:
"I will be a head coach next year,'' said Playfair, demoted to the position of associate coach when Keenan was hired two years ago. "I'm looking at other options, but Abbotsford is a helluva opportunity. Brand-new building. Brand-new market. Canadian city. I have to determine whether or not it's what I want, what I need, to get back to where I want to be--and that's as a head coach in the NHL.

"I've been an assistant coach, a head coach and an associate coach. I need to find the rhythm of being a head coach again. Managing the bench. Calling the shots.''

Old
05-27-2009, 06:43 PM
saillias

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerone View Post
good news!!
Yeah, the "new coach"... Which as of now, will be him.

I'll take a guess on who Sutter's 3 top coaches are: Mike Babcock, Brent Sutter (obviously), and Ken Hitchcock. Brent Sutter is the only one with even a slim possibility.

saillias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Gold Pads*
HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Yeah, the "new coach"... Which as of now, will be him.

I'll take a guess on who Sutter's 3 top coaches are: Mike Babcock, Brent Sutter (obviously), and Ken Hitchcock. Brent Sutter is the only one with even a slim possibility.
I was actually thinking Randy Carlyle might be one of the 3 Darryl thinks could possibly be released from their contracts this offseason. With Burke out and Carlyle being Burkes guy.....

But the Ducks did do better than expected this year IMHO, so maybe I'm way off. The only guy who knows for sure, surely won't say.

Gold Pads* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 11:19 PM
bam09

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames89 View Post
I was actually thinking Randy Carlyle might be one of the 3 Darryl thinks could possibly be released from their contracts this offseason. With Burke out and Carlyle being Burkes guy.....

But the Ducks did do better than expected this year IMHO, so maybe I'm way off. The only guy who knows for sure, surely won't say.
Carlyle took a team that was a seller at the deadline to game 7 against a very very good team in Detroit. Think of what they could have done with a Pahlson, or Moen still in the lineup. Those depth guys help.

He'll be staying.

bam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 01:01 AM
GoFlames

I would love to see Carlyle on the Flames bench if for nothing else his odd facial expressions when his team gets scored on... seriously a great coach, way more interesting than Quinn

Old
05-28-2009, 01:46 AM
saillias

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames89 View Post

Carlyle is a good coach as well, and he could easily be interchangeable with Hitchcock. The Ducks really are an excellent team on paper though and if they're winning, that shouldn't be surprising... It's not like the core of Niedermayer, Pronger, Beauchemin, Getzlaf and Perry just went away or something after the stanley cup win (well nieds did but came back the same season he left)

saillias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 01:50 AM
StreakingRed
"Yeeeaaah Baby!"

In case anyone missed it, here's the post-conference interview with Darryl Sutter on the Fan 960, talks with Rob Kerr, Boomer & Peter Maher.

http://www.fan960.com/media.jsp?cont...527_153933_724

Old
05-28-2009, 10:07 AM
neely

Send a message via ICQ to neely
Sutter mentioned that a deal fell through on deadline day that would've made the Flames a "cap team"
Anyone have any details or rumours on this one? I assume it would've been big

neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Treliving The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by neely View Post
Sutter mentioned that a deal fell through on deadline day that would've made the Flames a "cap team"
Maybe Bouwmeester?

Treliving The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 07:57 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Haven't listened to it, but what does cap team mean exactly? Weren't we pretty much already against the cap with the Jokinen trade.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 12:21 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Haven't listened to it, but what does cap team mean exactly? Weren't we pretty much already against the cap with the Jokinen trade.
I think a cap team means zero space and you are right we were all but officially a cap team with something like 13K in space at the deadline...

Old
05-29-2009, 12:45 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
It was likely Gelinas.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=641707

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote