HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Conseco Strikes Out in MMA Debut

Old
05-26-2009, 01:05 PM
LeafErikson
Schwifty 24/7

vCash: 500
Conseco Strikes Out in MMA Debut

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
YOKOHAMA, Japan (AP)—Jose Canseco came out swinging but didn’t last long in his debut in mixed martial arts.

The former Oakland A’s slugger was defeated by South Korean super heavyweight Hong Man Choi by a knockout just 1 minute, 17 seconds into the first round at Yokohama Arena.

The referee stopped the fight when the 7-foot-2, 330-pound Choi knocked Canseco to the mat and started punching his head.

“That’s a big man,” Canseco said after the fight. “I ran into one of his left jabs and that almost knocked me out. You have no idea how scary it was facing a man that big.”

Canseco did land the first blow with a right to the upper body of Choi but that was all the damage he could inflict on the Korean giant.

Conseco really needs to just fall off the face of the planet.

LeafErikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 02:16 PM
ViD
#CBJNeedHugs

I remember Fedor fighting this Korean dude. He's insanely big.

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 02:29 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Shortly into the fight, Canseco hurt his right knee and was unable to do much after that.

“I hurt my knee back home real bad but I didn’t want to disappoint the fans,” Canseco said. “I knew that at some point during the fight my knee was going to give out and once I was down I knew I wasn’t going to get up. He’s just too heavy to move.”
It's official, Canseco has more heart than Bob Sapp.

Seriously, how sad is it that Canseco was only the second most pathetic fighter out there last night.

colonel_korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .

Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
I'm actually shocked at how long he lasted. He was smart to just try and punch Hong Man and then run away, too.

Hunter Gathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 05:30 PM
DaaaaB's

He did better then I thought he would. Much better then his boxing match where he just stood there covering his head while getting punched. His striking needs a lot of work and who knows how bad his ground game is but he did have a decent game plan to strike and run although if he has any wrestling skill going for a takedown and trying to hold HMC down would've likely been a better plan. You can see where he hurts his knee and it's over within seconds after that. Of course that just saved from getting brutally KO'd which I'm sure would've happened eventually. Hell, that left jab looked like it rocked him a bit.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote