HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phi-Clb

Old
05-26-2009, 07:38 PM
ELab2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
I would rather see:
Lupul
Jones

Torres
OKT
2nd round pick 2010

The Flyers would lose about 4.75 million in cap and get a tough young physical Dman 2 years from UFA.

Timonen Coburn
Carle Parent
Sbisa OKT
That's a much more interesting deal to me. Replaces Jones for a more physical 3rd pairing dman for much less money. Replaces Lupul with a tough 3rd liner for less money. Adds a nice pic for Philadelphia (I'd much prefer it be a 2nd in 09' if CLB has one).

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
That's a much more interesting deal to me. Replaces Jones for a more physical 3rd pairing dman for much less money. Replaces Lupul with a tough 3rd liner for less money. Adds a nice pic for Philadelphia (I'd much prefer it be a 2nd in 09' if CLB has one).
our 09 is gone in the vermette deal

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:54 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
it's basically a salary dump tha doesn't help the team obviously unless they use the cap space to acquire a major piece.

otherwise you can accomplish more by just waiving jones, resignimg alberts and keeping lupul.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 12:02 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Banker View Post
PHI - lupul ($4.25MM) and Carle ($3.4MM) = $7.65MM

CLB - commodore ($3.75MM), torres ($2.25MM) + 2nd 10, 4rd 10 = $6MM
Fixed it for you.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 12:49 AM
mercury

Quote:
it's basically a salary dump tha doesn't help the team obviously unless they use the cap space to acquire a major piece.

otherwise you can accomplish more by just waiving jones, resignimg alberts and keeping lupul.

I'd rather waive Jones, trade Lupul for Harding, sign a UFA 2nd pairing d-man, and re-sign Alberts and Knuble.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 12:59 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I'd rather waive Jones, trade Lupul for Harding, sign a UFA 2nd pairing d-man, and re-sign Alberts and Knuble.
Chances of that happening are close to zero. If Lupul made 2mill that would be likely. Even though Hardings value has decreased to Minny, Philly would need to add 2nd 09 to make it close.

Old
05-27-2009, 01:21 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT View Post
Chances of that happening are close to zero. If Lupul made 2mill that would be likely. Even though Hardings value has decreased to Minny, Philly would need to add 2nd 09 to make it close.
We don't have one, and Wild fans seemed to think that Lupul and San Jose's 3rd would be enough. If they don't make a deal, they could easily lose him for a 2nd in 2010, and I think that they'd rather get a locked-up scoring winger.

Old
05-27-2009, 01:23 AM
twenty2

Quote:
Sure we would. Since you're the expert on value, how do you rate Minnesota's offense currently and their need for offensive weapons? Do you think they'd rather keep an RFA back up goaltender behind a Vezina candidate who was just re-signed at over $6m a year when the back up is going to likely push $2m plus?

Would $8m on goaltending for a team that needs offense sound like solid asset management to you?

What about a team that has a surplus of offense looking for goaltending and defensive upgrades holding onto their talented but excess forwards like Lupul?

Lupul as a 25g/50p forward would be getting around $4m for whatever team we traded him to as an RFA this offseason had we not signed him to a deal. So the fact that the Flyers signed him and not the team we potentially would have traded him to hurts his value that much?

Some people really need to think about the crap they spew.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
We don't have one, and Wild fans seemed to think that Lupul and San Jose's 3rd would be enough. If they don't make a deal, they could easily lose him for a 2nd in 2010, and I think that they'd rather get a locked-up scoring winger.
i did not know he was an RFA. that changes things a little bit. but still, i think there would be a fair bit of competiotion for him, so i think it would need to be a 2nd 10, i guess. If Min fans are good with that, i wonder if they would do Stajan + 2nd this year.. or grabovski straight up..

Last edited by Chandrashekhar Limit: 05-27-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old
05-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
Sure we would. Since you're the expert on value, how do you rate Minnesota's offense currently and their need for offensive weapons? Do you think they'd rather keep an RFA back up goaltender behind a Vezina candidate who was just re-signed at over $6m a year when the back up is going to likely push $2m plus?

Would $8m on goaltending for a team that needs offense sound like solid asset management to you?

What about a team that has a surplus of offense looking for goaltending and defensive upgrades holding onto their talented but excess forwards like Lupul?

Lupul as a 25g/50p forward would be getting around $4m for whatever team we traded him to as an RFA this offseason had we not signed him to a deal. So the fact that the Flyers signed him and not the team we potentially would have traded him to hurts his value that much?

Some people really need to think about the crap they spew.
Well, my opinion isn't crap i spew over. i can say the same about urs since i dont agree with yours, but i have been taught better. do you not think other teams would offer better than that? i know for sure that Toronto Maple Leafs would. Dont you think Grabovski at 2.5 mill or even 3mill be much more attractive to them than Lupul at 4.0 mill?

Old
05-27-2009, 01:33 AM
mercury

Quote:
i did not know he was an RFA. that changes things a little bit. but still, i think there would be a fair bit of competiotion for him, so i think wouldnt need to be a 2nd 10, i guess. If Min fans are good with that, i wonder if they would Stajan + 2nd this year..
I think that they need wingers more than a center (although Stajan can play both, right?)since they have Bouchard, Koivu, and Belanger. Also, Stajan is a UFA after this season. He won't get Lupul-level money in 2010, but he will have to be re-signed. Lupul would probably outpoint Stajan in Minnesota with similar minutes (definitely pot more goals), but who knows?

Old
05-27-2009, 01:35 AM
twenty2

Quote:
Well, my opinion isn't crap i spew over. i can say the same about urs since i dont agree with yours, but i have been taught better. do you not think other teams would offer better than that? i know for sure that Toronto Maple Leafs would. Dont you think Grabovski at 2.5 mill or even 3mill be much more attractive to them than Lupul at 4.0 mill?
That's a fair assumption, but I think if you drive up the price the Flyers would be willing to re-sign Biron. I actually don't think it's so bad a fate. We're likely concentrating more on defense anyway. No need to go after goalies who might not be worth the price to acquire them.

And sorry I snapped. It's been a long day.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
I think that they need wingers more than a center (although Stajan can play both, right?)since they have Bouchard, Koivu, and Belanger. Also, Stajan is a UFA after this season. He won't get Lupul-level money in 2010, but he will have to be re-signed. Lupul would probably outpoint Stajan in Minnesota with similar minutes (definitely pot more goals), but who knows?
i agree, and no, Stajan cant play wing. He is basically a lower tier play maker. If they need wingers, maybe Poni/Stemp + pick or definately anything centered around Kulemin.

Old
05-27-2009, 01:45 AM
mercury

Quote:
i agree, and no, Stajan cant play wing. He is basically a lower tier play maker. If they need wingers, maybe Poni/Stemp + pick or definately anything centered around Kulemin.
Stempniak or Ponikarovsky may be a good fit, but they are also UFAs after next season. Kulemin would probably get their attention, but would Toronto give him up? I would think that he'd be part of their rebuild, along with Stempniak, Tlusty, Schenn, Stralman, etc.

Old
05-27-2009, 01:46 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
That's a fair assumption, but I think if you drive up the price the Flyers would be willing to re-sign Biron. I actually don't think it's so bad a fate. We're likely concentrating more on defense anyway. No need to go after goalies who might not be worth the price to acquire them.

And sorry I snapped. It's been a long day.
yep, that would be the right thing if philly decided to drop out of the "sweep stakes". dont worry about it, and talking about long days, i had to talk to a freakin dlink representative for 5 hours. this is what she said first up:

"Sir, which city are you located at?"

"Toronto."

"Can you pls tell me which U.S state that is in?"

Old
05-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Stempniak or Ponikarovsky may be a good fit, but they are also UFAs after next season. Kulemin would probably get their attention, but would Toronto give him up? I would think that he'd be part of their rebuild, along with Stempniak, Tlusty, Schenn, Stralman, etc.
it would definately get their attention, and i think minny would have to add, but if we can get a good goalie in return, i for one wouldnt mind. But yes, Kulemin is a gem. I think this guys can get 30g in his prime. One good example of such a trade would be the one of Pascal Leclaire.

Old
05-27-2009, 01:50 AM
mercury

Quote:
yep, that would be the right thing if philly decided to drop out of the "sweep stakes". dont worry about it, and talking about long days, i had to talk to a freakin dlink representative for 5 hours. this is what she said first up:

"Sir, which city are you located at?"

"Toronto."

"Can you pls tell me which U.S state that is in?"

We have some Torontos in the U.S.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto,_Ohio

Old
05-27-2009, 01:51 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

lol, wow i guess i should have known better.

Old
05-27-2009, 11:04 AM
marcolino

Quote:
PHI - lupul ($4.25MM) and Carle ($3.4MM) = $7.65MM

CLB - commodore ($3.75MM) and torres ($2.25MM) = $6MM

flyers get a big physical dman they need and a grinder that has trouble staying healthy and scoring but would play a nice role on an energy line.

jackets get a young 25+ goal scorer to improve their offensive depth and a 24 y/o puck carrying dman that blocks a lot of shots to compliment their big physical d.

jackets take on some more salary but get players with much higher ceilings.
flyers get players to fill specific roles while freeing up minutes for players like giroux, sbisa, and JVR.
steal for columbus take it and RUNNNNNNN

marcolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolino View Post
steal for columbus take it and RUNNNNNNN
can't...commie has a ntc thru next year....keep trying...

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 06:37 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
can't...commie has a ntc thru next year....keep trying...
he would have a problem going to philly? who does he think he is, thomas kaberle?

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote