HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keep or Not ( Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants)

Old
05-16-2009, 12:26 AM
benneyb

vCash: 500
I agree with the above posters, Orr fills a valuable need and is affordable, or should be even with senile Uncle Glen writing the checks. Orr should stay. He's made himself a decent hockey player, certainly warranting 4th line minutes.

Alot of sense above on Antro as well. Agreed that we can't afford to overpay, and he doesn't warrant it. Methinks much of his effort in NY was to justify a new contract. Who's to say he doesn't go back to his inconsistent Toronto ways once he gets it. $3.25mm per tops for him.

benneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Agreed.

So Dagoon, Colton just thinks Torts doesn't like him? It isn't a done deal of him not returning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
NY sent you a pm to explain
Dagoon I'm still very curious. I really like Orr, and think he is making himself a useful hockey player rather than a thug on ice like Brashear or Laraque.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 12:41 AM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

I will be pretty crushed if/when we don't resign Orr. Not gonna lie.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 12:56 AM
TomLaidlaw

Why on earth would we let Orr leave? We have one of the best young enforcers in the league who can actually take a regular shift and be defensively responsible. Plus he isn't an idiot. He knows when to fight and when not too. He always puts the team first. He doesn't take dumb penalties. What else could you ask for from your tough guy? Huge mistake if we let Orr leave. I can't imagine that he is asking for an astronomical amount of money.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Because AS i warned you all the day Torts was hired he is a fraud and doesn't want toughness. He thinks he can win with team toughness and not carry a fighter. Well with that said Dubi is tough Avery is tough but with Brashear Godard Cote Wrecker and others all in the division he is a jerk if he thinks they will handle the work load Torts sucks

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Guess Brooks confirmed what I posted 6 weeks ago Orr is gone. Thanks Colton for being a great team guy and a leader

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Levitate

I would have kind of liked Orr to stay but I'm not sure I'd call him a leader...

and where are you getting Brooks confirming he's gone

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 09:09 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Guess Brooks confirmed what I posted 6 weeks ago Orr is gone. Thanks Colton for being a great team guy and a leader
Damn! When did Brooksy confirm this??

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 10:00 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

I cant believe so many people are so distraut about Orr being done. Do I like him, absolutely, he bleed a lot of blue during his tenure here, but come on. He is a top 5 fighter in the NHL, isnt a very strong skater, has ZERO offensive ability, and rock hands. I'm sure he is a great guy, but a very very expendable great guy. People are worried that now were gonna get run over by the likes of Brashear and company, and I call BS. Tell me who does Detroit have as their go-to fighter? The "enforcer" role in the new NHL is diminishing, end of story. If you can't keep up in todays game then your useless. Its all about speed and skill. Im not saying I agree with what the NHL has become, but those are the facts. Id much rather slot a guy that has a little ability to put some pucks in and skate with other teams, then have an enforcer who really provides nothing other than his fists.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote