HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-bos

Old
05-26-2009, 10:55 AM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 61
Edm-bos

To EDM:

Tuuka Rask

To BOS:

Andrew Cogliano
2nd Round 2009 (40th Overall)

Why Edmonton does this:
With their current cap situation and the chance of the cap coming down. It would be helpful for Edmonton to get a good cheap goaltender. We have an abundance of
2nd line forwards and could probaby deal Cogs without it hurting too much in the short term.

Why Boston does this:

The Bruins have the next Vezina trophy winner(Timmy Thomas) locked up for the next 4 seasons. Their time to compete is now. They trade a great prospect who won't be in their starting lineup for the next few years for some cheap help right now.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 10:58 AM
weaponomega

vCash: 500
If the B's were to trade Rask it wouldn't be for Cogliano. The B's are stacked at center, but desperately need a puck moving defenseman.

weaponomega is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Beerfish

I don't know enough about Rask as a prospect to yay or nay the concept of this deal. Getting a young blue chipper tender is on the radar being an oilers fan (I'm not sold on JDD or DD)

I know one thing, I don't think the oilers toss in a 2nd rounder if Cogs is the price going the other way. Cogliano has value despite a few of his short comings.

Tremendous skater, one of the fastest guys in the league.
Can score goals.
Can score goals at key times.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponomega View Post
If the B's were to trade Rask it wouldn't be for Cogliano. The B's are stacked at center, but desperately need a puck moving defenseman.
Rask+1st rounder for Kaberle?

Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:04 AM
weaponomega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th4thurt View Post
Too much salary coming back to Boston.

weaponomega is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Cap be damned?

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:09 AM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 61
Quote:
Would there be any interest in a signed Grebeshkov? Or maybe

Grebs + Conditional 2nd

for

Rask

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:33 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8 View Post
Would there be any interest in a signed Grebeshkov? Or maybe

Grebs + Conditional 2nd

for

Rask
I know Edm fans love him, but Grebeshkov is so wildly overrated around these parts is not even funny. Decent defenseman, would certainly take him, but not worth a top goaltending prospect. As a B's fan, I'd almost rather take my chances on another team's top flight defensive prospect (Shattenkirk, etc) and have the entry level contract for a few years. Higher risk, but Grebeshkov is due for a raise and the B's have zero wiggle room.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Too much salary coming back to Boston.
Hmm, then +salary dump (who would Boston be dumping though)

Old
05-26-2009, 12:31 PM
8BostonRocker24

Boston has zero motive to move him for a forward.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 12:34 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
Rask back to Toronto....hilarious.

SedinFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Vatican Roulette
Detroit Fan

Well if Boston is looking for a young puckmover, Detroit has plenty of them. Plus, they could use a young netminder like Rask to share the duties with Osgood. Also, they could send back Howard(who's out of waiver options) for Boston to use as a back-up

Something like

Offensive d-man
Howard

for

Rask

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Buck View Post
Rask back to Toronto....hilarious.
I don't see what's so funny? JFJ was an incompetent git, this trade would in a way correct the errors of that time.

Thomas just signed a 4 year (I believe) contract pretty much securing him till retirement and Rask is ready in a year if not NOW to play.

Boston needs a PMD and there are not many better at it than Kaberle.

Old
05-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Cogliano's a nice player but Boston has no need for him.

Bruins4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8 View Post
To EDM:

Tuuka Rask

To BOS:

Andrew Cogliano
2nd Round 2009 (40th Overall)

Why Edmonton does this:
With their current cap situation and the chance of the cap coming down. It would be helpful for Edmonton to get a good cheap goaltender. We have an abundance of
2nd line forwards and could probaby deal Cogs without it hurting too much in the short term.

Why Boston does this:

The Bruins have the next Vezina trophy winner(Timmy Thomas) locked up for the next 4 seasons. Their time to compete is now. They trade a great prospect who won't be in their starting lineup for the next few years for some cheap help right now.
The B's need another C to go with Savard, Krejci, Bergeron, Sobotka, Hammil, Colborne, Sauve, etc???

If they were interested in such a deal it wouldn't be for a C. Think puck moving dmen.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Joey Moss
Proud to select...

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
I know Edm fans love him, but Grebeshkov is so wildly overrated around these parts is not even funny. Decent defenseman, would certainly take him, but not worth a top goaltending prospect. As a B's fan, I'd almost rather take my chances on another team's top flight defensive prospect (Shattenkirk, etc) and have the entry level contract for a few years. Higher risk, but Grebeshkov is due for a raise and the B's have zero wiggle room.
Have you ever even watched Grebeshkov? And not just 1 game but for a bit? You have absolutely no idea what you are saying if you think Grebeshkov is overrated. He's underrated if anything.

I would not deal him for Rask.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Have you ever even watched Grebeshkov? And not just 1 game but for a bit? You have absolutely no idea what you are saying if you think Grebeshkov is overrated. He's underrated if anything.

I would not deal him for Rask.
+1

I honestly don't see much difference in Grebs game when compared to a guy taken in the same draft year who B's fans worship - Wideman. Wideman has figured the game out faster, but the numbers are pretty close when you consider the difference in quality of the teams each plays for (BOS +78, EDM -14, BOS scored 40 more goals).

But somehow he's not even worth Rask? A guy who won't get more than 20 games in any of the next 3 years, if not 4???

Rask is promising, but think how many goalie prospects flame out too early. Easily the flakiest position for prospects.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 03:45 AM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Rask is the B's goalie of the future. They've been grooming him for several years now. Just don't see it happenin` any which way.

MeisterBruinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 08:10 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
+1

I honestly don't see much difference in Grebs game when compared to a guy taken in the same draft year who B's fans worship - Wideman. Wideman has figured the game out faster, but the numbers are pretty close when you consider the difference in quality of the teams each plays for (BOS +78, EDM -14, BOS scored 40 more goals).

But somehow he's not even worth Rask? A guy who won't get more than 20 games in any of the next 3 years, if not 4???

Rask is promising, but think how many goalie prospects flame out too early. Easily the flakiest position for prospects.
Just for the record, most B's fans don't exactly worship Wideman. He's a decent defenseman, but he's maddeningly inconsistent, and still makes about 3 to 4 bonehead decisions per night. But explain to me how the two of them compare? Wideman now has 4 seasons on the books better than all but one of Grebeshkov's, and Wideman beat him in every category this year. I'm actually not a huge Wideman guy. He's a decent player, but he can be super frustrating to watch at times because of his risk taking nature.

Look, I like Grebeshkov, and that ended up being a fruitful trade to acquire him for sure. I still think that one good year hardly makes a career, and that's all that he has really had at this point. Rask has next to zero NHL experience, but he's 4 years younger, is widely considered the best non-NHL goalie in the world, and has been groomed the past two years to make the jump to the NHL. Even though Grebeshkov has proven more at the NHL level, it would take more than him to get the Bruins to consider trading a 22 year old potential franchise goaltender.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Chayos

I would think Gilbert for Rask would be interesting to the bruins.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 11:03 AM
marcolino

Quote:
that would be funny trade him back to toronto because they realised pogee was the wrong choice

marcolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 11:14 AM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
Rask is almost untradeable from a Boston point of view.

I'd like to have a guy like Gilbert on the Bruins but not for Rask and not for Colborne. The Bruins have no reason to give up those guys in a trade unless the offer is for a franchise player.

One guy I'd be interested in from Edmonton is Ethan Moreau if Edmonton's new management wants to head in a different direction.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
Rask is almost untradeable from a Boston point of view.

I'd like to have a guy like Gilbert on the Bruins but not for Rask and not for Colborne. The Bruins have no reason to give up those guys in a trade unless the offer is for a franchise player.

One guy I'd be interested in from Edmonton is Ethan Moreau if Edmonton's new management wants to head in a different direction.
Take him.

Moreau + Chorney ?

Please.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 01:01 PM
VanIsle
Bruins/Canada 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker View Post
Rask is the B's goalie of the future. They've been grooming him for several years now. Just don't see it happenin` any which way.
Agreed, Rask is not going anywhere and with Thomas aging like a fine wine we do not need to get rid of one of the best goalie prospects there is out there.

Rask will be our back-up next year and Thomas will bring him along nicely.

VanIsle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 01:11 PM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post

I think the oilers might be interested in that, but there is one thing that might curtial it.

Rask has not proven anything in the nhl and the oilers have JDD and DD coming up. While the oilers might like it from the view of moving $4mill of the books--that leaves the oilers with 3 rookie netminders and the math does not work. Oilers would need to more then likely send JDD to the bruins with a pick or another player coming back and then signing a vet netminder because--as I said Rask has shown in the AhL he can handle the game down there--but lets see what hppens at the nhl level

gonzo11 is offline   Reply With Quote