HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bolts-Jackets

Old
05-27-2009, 12:16 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyze View Post
This is probably one of the dumbest statements I've read in a while. Are you telling me guys like:

Alex Pietrangelo
Cody Hodgson
Colin Wilson
James vanRiemsdyk
Karl Alzner
and many more...

Are not blue chippers simply because they aren't in the NHL?
I love this! A guy signs up to post his first post ever and it's to call somebody's post stupid. LOL That's hardcore, that is.

And, the best part is, he's 100% correct. Sometimes the best prospects play in a minor league because they need some work. Happens all the time in hockey. Filatov looks like (and has the body of) a 14 year old boy. The thing is, he knows how to score. I think our coaches and management felt that he would get some strength and experience without being the glaring defensive liability he would have been in the NHL. Don't forget, he was 18!

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 01:00 AM
ViD

Quote:
Filatov being such an offensive star in the new no checking NHL couldn't crack and offensively starved line up.
He may end up good but you won't get him for Ranger, a proven commodity.

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
We are speaking like Hedman is on the team already, im not so sure he will even end up with us and if he doesn't the it looks even worse. We wont afford to sign Bouwmeester, unless we ship away Vinny. Ranger might not be an all-star but he is young and is improving, the injuries held him back but if he can stay free from injuries his value is much higher for us than any other team considering our defense. We saw how bad it became when Ranger and Mez were out injuried.

We are in a position where we really cannot afford to remove anything defense piece, even if the return would be higher than the players actually value.

05-27-2009, 01:46 AM
Rover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
Apples and Oranges, Alzner was the only one of the guys you mention to spend the year (most of it) in the minors and that is much more the norm with D-men. The others spent the bulk of their time in JR's or the NCAA.
All the ones in juniors were given a chance to play in the NHL but was subsequently sent back by their team because they couldn't crack the roster.

Quote:
Filatov being such an offensive star in the new no checking NHL couldn't crack and offensively starved line up.
You're talking about a 18/19 year old who is in his first year playing a different North American game not being able to crack a very defensive team...

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 01:57 AM
Rschmitz

The Lightning need to add another good defenseman to the team before they consider trading Ranger away.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
Apples and Oranges, Alzner was the only one of the guys you mention to spend the year (most of it) in the minors and that is much more the norm with D-men. The others spent the bulk of their time in JR's or the NCAA.

I know you're trolling, but try harder, really.

Yeah, I'm sure scoring 4 goals in 8 games as an 18 year old adjusting to a new country and style of hockey and getting 4th line minutes means he's not offensively talented.

Tampa could offer their entire blue line straight up for him and Columbus would just point and laugh.

As for whoever said Filatov doesn't have a place with CBJ's forwards... Nash. That's the only winger they have who is better than him.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 03:07 AM
sedinfan3322

i cant believe this is still being argued...
wouldnt do filatov for ranger...(*)

*insert one of those emoticon things with bloodshot eyes smoking a crackpipe...

sedinfan3322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 06:09 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
I know you're trolling, but try harder, really.

Yeah, I'm sure scoring 4 goals in 8 games as an 18 year old adjusting to a new country and style of hockey and getting 4th line minutes means he's not offensively talented.

Tampa could offer their entire blue line straight up for him and Columbus would just point and laugh.

As for whoever said Filatov doesn't have a place with CBJ's forwards... Nash. That's the only winger they have who is better than him.
I know your taking the piss, but think about what your saying, Meszaros, Ranger, Smaby, Lashoff, Murphy and Lundin wouldnt be accepted for Filatov?

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote