HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Roman Voloshenko...

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2004, 11:07 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Roman Voloshenko...

We all know once you get drafted by the Wild, you fall off the face of the Earth unless you do something extremely stupendous (ala O'Sullivan and ripping Fleury a new one to capture a gold medal for the US team last year). But I'm kind of curious about this guy. Obviously one of the reasons he fell so hard was because of his skating abilities. Minnesota has placed importance on skating before but two of their highlighted picks have skating problems. Koivu and Voloshenko. We all know about Koivu's lack of foot speed but he has gotten better and can plod he way around the ice. And the guy has uncanny abilities as a center. But my question lies with Voloshenko. The guy was taken in the middle round of the 2nd round, when some of us were reporting the guy would have been taken in the first round. Obviously something more was wrong with the guy other than his foot speed but what? A really weird rumor I heard is the fact that it is so hard to get hockey players out of Russia and that it might have been hard to get Voloshenko out of Russia, so that's partly why he slipped. But to illustrate my point, a post appeared on our official board saying that Voloshenko has played in five games already with the Krylia Soveta or whatever and has scored FOUR GOALS and TWO ASSISTS, and is currently their team scoring leader. Now I know that's not a very big accomplishment for a player of his magnitude, but I want to get a more balanced opinion about the guy and was for an offensive guy he fell so far, further than Schremp. The rumor was that this guy was pretty freaking sweet before draft day.

And on that point, what the happened to Julien Sprunger. CSS had him at like 80 something and he fell to like the 6th round...I thought the guy was suppose to be one of the best non-goalie Swiss players to come out of Switzerland...which maybe is why he isn't that great is because the competition in Switz isn't that great. But what about these two Euro players? Are they not as good as scouts predicted?

Old
10-02-2004, 11:13 PM
borro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
We all know once you get drafted by the Wild, you fall off the face of the Earth unless you do something extremely stupendous (ala O'Sullivan and ripping Fleury a new one to capture a gold medal for the US team last year). But I'm kind of curious about this guy. Obviously one of the reasons he fell so hard was because of his skating abilities. Minnesota has placed importance on skating before but two of their highlighted picks have skating problems. Koivu and Voloshenko. We all know about Koivu's lack of foot speed but he has gotten better and can plod he way around the ice. And the guy has uncanny abilities as a center. But my question lies with Voloshenko. The guy was taken in the middle round of the 2nd round, when some of us were reporting the guy would have been taken in the first round. Obviously something more was wrong with the guy other than his foot speed but what? A really weird rumor I heard is the fact that it is so hard to get hockey players out of Russia and that it might have been hard to get Voloshenko out of Russia, so that's partly why he slipped. But to illustrate my point, a post appeared on our official board saying that Voloshenko has played in five games already with the Krylia Soveta or whatever and has scored FOUR GOALS and TWO ASSISTS, and is currently their team scoring leader. Now I know that's not a very big accomplishment for a player of his magnitude, but I want to get a more balanced opinion about the guy and was for an offensive guy he fell so far, further than Schremp. The rumor was that this guy was pretty freaking sweet before draft day.

And on that point, what the happened to Julien Sprunger. CSS had him at like 80 something and he fell to like the 6th round...I thought the guy was suppose to be one of the best non-goalie Swiss players to come out of Switzerland...which maybe is why he isn't that great is because the competition in Switz isn't that great. But what about these two Euro players? Are they not as good as scouts predicted?
Jeff O'Neill dropping from as high as #14 to fourth round shocked me. I liked Voloshenko and was hoping the Caps would give him a whirl at 33. I'm VERY pleasantly surprised by Bourque so far.

Old
10-02-2004, 11:51 PM
db23

Hockeydb shows Voloshenko with 1 solitary assist in 5 games with Krylia. Maybe you should double check your source.

Old
10-03-2004, 12:28 AM
Jacob

I'm sure his numbers check out, as Krilja Sovetov is in the 2nd division in Russia.

Old
10-03-2004, 12:34 AM
db23

No, they're back in the RSL. Maybe he played for Krylia 2, which is the farm team. The level of play there is about Junior C.

Old
10-03-2004, 12:55 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Hockeydb shows Voloshenko with 1 solitary assist in 5 games with Krylia. Maybe you should double check your source.
Hockey DB is also slow when it comes to Euro Prospects, it's not one of the best places to get information about Euro players. Two examples are Khudobin and Kopriva from the Wild, it took them a while to get their information correct about both players.

But the question remains, what is wrong with Volo?

Old
10-03-2004, 01:06 AM
Jacob

hockeydb is now updating RSL stats daily. The real question remains: What league is Voloshenko playing in?

Old
10-03-2004, 01:07 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Are they? I'm getting from one of our Russian informants he's playing in the Supers...

Unless I smacked my head, I'm seeing 2002-2003 Roman played 5 games and had 1 assist...

Old
10-03-2004, 08:50 AM
John

I follow the same team to watch Cap's pick Mikhail Yunkov. I believe they've played six games and Voloshenko has four goals and two assists. They're also definitely in the Russian high league.

The only thing I heard about Voloshenko is skating and possibly that he doesn't hustle enough to be successful in an NA game. Still... leading the U-18 team in scoring and now leading his Russian team... pretty impressive.

Old
10-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Love Machine

Send a message via MSN to Love Machine Send a message via Yahoo to Love Machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by borro
Jeff O'Neill dropping from as high as #14 to fourth round shocked me. I liked Voloshenko and was hoping the Caps would give him a whirl at 33. I'm VERY pleasantly surprised by Bourque so far.
I think you mean Wes O'Neil

Old
10-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Zine

Krylia Sovetov (Soviet Wings) are still in the High League this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
Voloshenko has played in five games already with the Krylia Soveta or whatever and has scored FOUR GOALS and TWO ASSISTS, and is currently their team scoring leader. Now I know that's not a very big accomplishment for a player of his magnitude
Actually, those numbers are quite an accomplishment - that's if those are his real stats. 6 points in 5 games in the High League is really impressive for a player of his age.

Last edited by Zine: 10-03-2004 at 02:24 PM.
Old
10-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Kaizer

Voloshenko plays for Krylia Sovetov main team in High League. Main team roster is there - http://www.kriliasovetov.ru/team/roster.php You can notice that they have a very young squad. As i know from reports Roman plays with Yun'kov and Krutov.

http://www.kriliasovetov.ru/team/stats.php Main team stats from 24 Sept. (Yeah, they are a bit low ). Voloshenko leads team in scoring with (5pts)His linemate Yun'kov isn't far behind with 4pts.

Quote:
guy was taken in the middle round of the 2nd round, when some of us were reporting the guy would have been taken in the first round. Obviously something more was wrong with the guy other than his foot speed but what?
Why do you think that there is something wrong ? Lisin went 50th and has more points in RSL than AO and EM combined together and when i've seen him he looked very mature and super fast (but AO is still better, imo, it's just bad luck for Ovechkin). Voloshenko went 55th and leads team in scoring. What do you expect Roman ?

http://www.kriliasovetov.ru/images/r...4-09-23/19.jpg Picture of Voloshenko in 7:1 win against HC Dizel (1G+2A by Roman)

Cann't find any Roman video.

Closed Thread