HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ana-Fla

Old
05-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Ana-Fla

Okay, I am a Panther fan and I know we have tons or rumors and trade proposals going around about how we can improve our roster for next season.

To Ana:

Nathan Horton - $3.5mil
Tomas Vokoun -$6.5mil
Jay Bouwmeester(signed)-probably going to get between $6-7mil

equals about $17mil

To Fla:
Chris Pronger- $6.5mil
J.S. Giguere- $5.5mil
Corey Perry -$4.5mil

Equals about $17mil

Okay, first let me say that I am not sure if these salaries for the players are going to change come next season,but as of right now,this is how they are shown on the web. Now, I proposed this trade because I know as a Panther fan, we are tired of a losing team, and this past season was a treat I must say, a lot of positives but I would like them to continue into the playoffs. Now, reading posts and websites, no one really knows what will happen with our goaltending in Fla, and I guess same with Ana. Andy vs. Vokoun , and Hiller vs. J.S and who will be the starter. We all feel that it's 99.999% chance that JaBo does NOT resign in Fla, and we will need to add at least one more defenseman to our back line. Horton is an enigma because he has tons of potential but seems very burnt out playing in Fla, so my solution was this trade. Each team gets a top 10 goaltender, top 10 defenseman and a great 1st/2nd line player. Now, I will admit I haven't seen too much of Corey Perry's play so I just picked him based on salary but I definately know he's a great player.

Discuss! LOL

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 10:35 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

I wouldn't do this if I was the Ducks. Corey Perry is better than Nathan Horton.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 10:38 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Horrible deal for Anaheim.

Pronger > Bouwmeester
Perry > Horton
Hiller > Vokoun

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 10:53 PM
CloutierForVezina

Anaheim says no, and Bouwmeester says "lol I was JK about wanting to play in western Canada"

CloutierForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 11:04 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
This is absolutely terrible.. WTF were you thinking?
Why the heck would we want tomas vokoun for 6.5 when we're complaining about giggy's 6mil hit
Pronger is way better than bowmeester, hes a proven winner while bowmeester failed to step up his game when needed this year
As for perry n horton, I'd say perry is definitely the better player and will continue to play better
So in 2 words **** NO

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
This is absolutely terrible.. WTF were you thinking?
Why the heck would we want tomas vokoun for 6.5 when we're complaining about giggy's 6mil hit
Pronger is way better than bowmeester, hes a proven winner while bowmeester failed to step up his game when needed this year
As for perry n horton, I'd say perry is definitely the better player and will continue to play better
So in 2 words **** NO
Easy,easy. it was just a proposal.. If it's such a bad proposal,then help me make it a better proposal.. I told everyone I did not know anything about Perry,so my bad... was just throwing ideas out.

Old
05-25-2009, 11:39 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Horrible deal for Anaheim.

Pronger > Bouwmeester
Perry > Horton
Hiller > Vokoun
Hiller? I thought it said Gigeure.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 11:40 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Hiller? I thought it said Gigeure.
I know. My point is why would Anaheim need Vokoun when they have an inexpensive starter (for one season)? The whole point of trading Giguere should be freedom to use that money elsewhere.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 06:10 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
I think the original poster was using their actual salaries from last season which is not their cap numbers. Those would be:

Horton - $4.0M
Vokuon - $5.7M

Giguere - $6.0M
Perry - $5.125M
Pronger - $6.75M

Even if you factor in Bouwmeester at $7.0M, Anaheim would be saving about $1.1M in cap space. But not that I think this would be an even trade in terms of talent. I agree with shadow1 that if Anaheim moves Giguere it would be to free up his salary completely because they have Hiller already, they wouldnt want Vokuon who's signed for a few more yrs.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 01:23 PM
caliamad

This deal might have made sense if Vokoun wasn't included in the deal, and some other positive asset was.

It would have helped the ducks free up some cap space to go after the sedins too.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
This deal might have made sense if Vokoun wasn't included in the deal, and some other positive asset was.

It would have helped the ducks free up some cap space to go after the sedins too.
The reason I made the proposal was because of all talks about Giguere, JayBo and Horton.. I figured I'd add in Vokoun just in case Hiller had a fluke year, or something happens next season,that Ana wouldn't be stuck without a #1 goalie.
Like I stated in the thread, if it doesn't seem right, please add to it what you think would make it fair.

Old
05-27-2009, 11:32 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

JBO has minimal value right now... basically his rights as a player.... it makes no sense for him to sign a deal only to be dealt to a team that makes sense for Florida to deal him to, just so they can get more in return for this asset.

If JBo brings anything back for Florida, it will be a conditional draft pick (likely a 2nd or so) if he signs with the team that his rights are dealt to... you aren't going to get the value of a fully signed JBo back... not at this point, just over a month from UFA status.

And without that, the trade is heavily in favour of Florida here... Perry is worth more than Horton... not really even close at this point... and Gigeure, at worst, has comparable value to Vokuon....

that basically leaves a signed Pronger, one of the top defenders in the league, and signed to a very solid contract for his abilities, for the FA rights to JBo...

like I said, not even close!!!

If you want Perry, a better offer here would be Horton and Booth... if you want Pronger, you're looking at Horton+ as well for him.... JBo gives very little value to this proposal, since if Anaheim is really interested in him, they'll wait till he's a UFA, and then sign him (instead of Niedermayer).

Every year we see proposals like this - a team's soon to be UFA being dealt with the presumption of him being signed to a longterm deal, so that his former team gets some value for them.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 11:41 AM
caliamad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
The reason I made the proposal was because of all talks about Giguere, JayBo and Horton.. I figured I'd add in Vokoun just in case Hiller had a fluke year, or something happens next season,that Ana wouldn't be stuck without a #1 goalie.
Like I stated in the thread, if it doesn't seem right, please add to it what you think would make it fair.
That is tough. If the ducks don't take Vokoun, Florida would need a 2nd deal to trade him away (afterall you don't want 2 6mil + goalies).

Bouwmeister has very little trade value at this point. Either he's interested in signing with anaheim and will wait to July 1st or he's not. I don't think much is gained by trading for his rights now.

So basically it would end up being Giguere, Pronger, Perry for Horton.

I like Horton and would be willing to move Pronger/Perry for the right deal but looking at the available assets I don't see much else that interests me.

Allen seems to have a decent contract and could be a top 3 defenseman. I'd have to look at the team's prospect quality to see what else it would take.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote