HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Jack Johnson Proposals thread

Old
05-23-2009, 01:20 PM
coolbean04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
I can't believe some of you king fans actually would consider trading a 21 yr old physical defenseman that is only been a pro for 1.5 yrs for an under achieving soft player like Zherdev.

Typical lemmings.

JJ had an off year due to separating his shoulder. Just because he didn't score 25 goals in 42 games does not mean he's a bust.

The only time I trade JJ is to get a player like Carter, Malkin or E. Staal.

This thread should be closed. You so called king fans should be ashamed of yourselves.
So let me get this straight.............

JJ is 22 and not 21. Has played a career 120 games for 8 goals, 13 assists, 22 points, and a -42.

Well Zherdev is only 24 and has been in the NHL for 5 seasons already, three 20+ goal seasons, and three 50+ point seasons. What has Johnson done? His value is only potential while Zherdev who's still young, still has potential and already has produced.

Keeping waiting for the Malkin/Carter/Staal type offer LMAO!!!!

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 08:50 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Isn't Zherdev a RWer?

Kings need a LWer more.

Needless to say, I don't think it makes a lot of sense for the Rangers to deal from a point of weakness to address a point of strength, and maybe my memory is betraying me, but wasn't Zherdev unhappy playing under Hitchcock's defensive system in Columbus? He wouldn't be much happier under Murray's defensive system.

Finally, I still think the Kings would be making a mistake trading away Johnson so soon.
Z was doing pretty well under Renney, so I think he'd be fine playing in a defensive system.

Yes, Zherdev is a soft player, but he's a sick talent that will put up pts. I don't think he can handle being to the teams go to guy, thats what Torts wanted out of him and he failed. Maybe its becuase he's still young or whatever. But, on the Kings roster I don't think that'd be a problem at all. Kopitar, Brown, Frolov, etc.

And, Yes, the Rangers can trade wingers for dmen, Our offense and defense both sucked, rather have a solid D and, obviously goalie than have both sides of the puck sub-par.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Weren't you hoping to sign Kessel to an offer sheet? I'm one of his biggest fans and even I'll say he's pretty soft, and certainly softer than Gomez or Zherdev.
No i was not hoping to get Kessel with an offer sheet......

just had the dirty move in my mind, to raise Kessels salary with an offer sheet,
to get Krejci for less

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 09:21 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Z was doing pretty well under Renney, so I think he'd be fine playing in a defensive system.

Yes, Zherdev is a soft player, but he's a sick talent that will put up pts. I don't think he can handle being to the teams go to guy, thats what Torts wanted out of him and he failed. Maybe its becuase he's still young or whatever. But, on the Kings roster I don't think that'd be a problem at all. Kopitar, Brown, Frolov, etc.

And, Yes, the Rangers can trade wingers for dmen, Our offense and defense both sucked, rather have a solid D and, obviously goalie than have both sides of the puck sub-par.
Fair enough on your points; I guess ultimately, I think it would be a mistake for the Kings to give up on Johnson so soon.

That, and until the other young d-men on the Kings pan out (if they pan out), meaning Teubert, Voinov, Hickey, etc. the Kings would be setting themselves back by weakening their back end.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Dude I ask you?

1. Are the Sedins 1st line players?

2. Do you think Gomez and Zherdev are 1st or 2nd liners?

Not sure what your problem is with me saying that the twins are 1st liners because they are on 25 of 30 teams in the league.
Be sure i have no problem...........
Just said, the Sedins are on my "don't wanna have the player here" List one of the top guys.....
And i don't care that they are favorites on other teams.
I pray every day that they land on another team.

You know.. it's nothing personal against 'em... i just don't wanna have them on my team because i'm sick of it since 15 years.
They are a good fit for the Rangers...... they collect uneffective expensive players...
hopefully the Rangers get em and Jagr decide to come back and signs a Rangers contract.......

I would like to see that,
almost funny like that Jagr- Lindros - Straka line

Old
05-23-2009, 11:38 PM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Be sure i have no problem...........
Just said, the Sedins are on my "don't wanna have the player here" List one of the top guys.....
And i don't care that they are favorites on other teams.
I pray every day that they land on another team.

You know.. it's nothing personal against 'em... i just don't wanna have them on my team because i'm sick of it since 15 years.
They are a good fit for the Rangers...... they collect uneffective expensive players...
hopefully the Rangers get em and Jagr decide to come back and signs a Rangers contract.......

I would like to see that,
almost funny like that Jagr- Lindros - Straka line
Ok, I can see you not liking the sedins, or their style, or the type of game they play. But to call them "uneffective" (ineffective) is just incorrect in every sense of the word.

They've been ~1 point per game for the last 4 seasons, have only missed a combined 7 games to injury in their last 5 seasons and they just finished seriously damaging the myth that they can't produce in the playoffs by both finishing at exactly 1 point per game.

To say they're ineffective would be like me saying JJ and Doughty are ineffective; or Brown and Kopitar are ineffective. Just because you don't like them, it does not make them ineffective. To even compare them to Redden or Gomez or Drury is insulting. And I apologize to any Rangers fan, I still believe Gomez can bounce back but I have zero faith in Redden or Drury.

CloutierForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Wheeler was garbage from about the half way point. That's why his 1 dimensional ass was riding the pine when it mattered most.
I'm sorry, but where was Simmonds in April and May?

Wayne would have had a very nice year for the Bruins..... the Providence Bruins.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
No i was not hoping to get Kessel with an offer sheet......

just had the dirty move in my mind, to raise Kessels salary with an offer sheet,
to get Krejci for less
Good luck with that. I'd love to make a wager with you that Krejci will sign a deal with Boston before he ever gets to the point where teams can make an offer sheet.

I'm thinking an av bet of some sort. You down for it?

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 01:49 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
A LA-NYR deal I could see happening would be something based around Johnson and Drury.
Trade JJ for a salary dump? No thanks.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Tyler Myers

JJ for Radulov?

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

I don't know if anybody has mentioned it yet, but does this trade make sense for the Kings...

LA: Patrice Bergeron, Chuck Kobasew
BOS: Jack Johnson, Jarret Stoll

I'm thinking that LA could use a skilled center for their 2nd line, and Kobasew would fit in well, in terms of style, with guys like Brown and Williams. For Boston, they add a young dman with top3 potential and a 3rd line C with some size and faceoff ability (to replace Bergy's FO skills).

Bill Ladd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Quote:
Good luck with that. I'd love to make a wager with you that Krejci will sign a deal with Boston before he ever gets to the point where teams can make an offer sheet.

I'm thinking an av bet of some sort. You down for it?
for sure....................

i just explained my thoughts............ even if both of them sign before other teams can give out an offersheet i'm fine with that.

Old
05-27-2009, 08:29 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
I don't know if anybody has mentioned it yet, but does this trade make sense for the Kings...

I'm thinking that LA could use a skilled center for their 2nd line, and Kobasew would fit in well, in terms of style, with guys like Brown and Williams. For Boston, they add a young dman with top3 potential and a 3rd line C with some size and faceoff ability (to replace Bergy's FO skills).
Pretty even deal but I'd rather keep JJ.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 08:30 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:

Wayne would have had a very nice year for the Bruins..... the Providence Bruins.
Ah so it was Simmonds holding LA back this year. He's a keeper for us and wouldn't deal him straight up for Wheeler or Bergeron or Kobasew.

Old
05-27-2009, 08:35 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:

Hah! you are ABSOLUTELY clueless! Just stop!

Quote:

I would do that. Easy, easy, easy! Well done.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 08:35 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I dont think the Rangers can move Zherdev and their 2nd rounder this season. That would be a lot of offensive talent(because I would imagine they will use their second on a forward) gone in one package. Boyle is a player I would be interested in as a Ranger fan though.

Johnson, Boyle

Zherdev, 3rd 09
That is a done deal!

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 08:37 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:

I am not really liking Bergeron though...
He is constantly been getting hurt.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 08:39 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Palffy33 View Post
That is a done deal!
Yuck. I will stop being a Kings fan if DL trades for Zherdev. He's a rich mans Chistov with a **** attitude.