HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-Cbj

Old
05-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Beerfish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
While the OP's proposal was extremely lobsided in Edmontons favour; this one is for CBJ.
Lubomir Visnovsky is worth more than a mid 1st rounder, and a mid level prospect
The Oilers got Vishnosky for Stoll and Matt Greene (both coming off, off years), Golobuf I'd rate as higher than a mid level prospect. The Oilers must move some cap money to be any kind of a player in FA.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
The Oilers got Vishnosky for Stoll and Matt Greene (both coming off, off years), Golobuf I'd rate as higher than a mid level prospect. The Oilers must move some cap money to be any kind of a player in FA.
Lubo's a good player but he makes too much and for too long - doubtful Howson moves his first for him.

Old
05-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Salim786

Why on Earth would Columbus do this? For the first time in history, they made the playoffs, why the heck would they trade away their franchise forward?

Value wise, The Oilers run away with it. I think Nash would be a great fit here.

Salim786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Nunymare
Rinse, repeat

Send a message via MSN to Nunymare
Dear god, tell me I did not just read that.

On a more serious note, the proposal is just brutal.

Nash AND Commodore? No way in hell.

Nunymare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 09:32 AM
X0ssbar

I'm not high on this proposal (although I certainly wouldn't mind adding Gilbert to the CBJ's blueline and the Oil do have some interesting pieces) but I will say this -- if Nash doesn't sign an extension this summer things could get very interesting.

Personally if he doesn't sign I think Howson should move him as it will be clear sign to me that he has no intention of staying and the last thing we need is a Bouwmeester/Gaborik cloud hanging over the team the entire season.

Both of those teams missed the playoffs less we forget as well.

The good news is that Nash has shown no signs of wanting out and Howson will certainly pony up the neccesary coin that it will take extend him. As I've stated before, why would the captain jump ship just as its starting to set sail?

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote