HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Martin Hanzal?

Old
05-27-2009, 10:57 PM
elsubz

vCash: 500
Martin Hanzal?

What would it take to make Phoenix trade this guy?

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 11:08 PM
indczn

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
What would it take to make Phoenix trade this guy?
Better question: Are we going to find better value for .850mil?

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 11:10 PM
elsubz

Yeah I know the guy hell of cheap and is a fan favorite up there, thats why I was asking.

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 11:18 PM
indczn

Not even worth looking, because he has to be replaced if we trade him, and it won't be done cheaper. Getzlaf Thornton and Kopitar aren't going to shut themselves down. You'd have more luck trying to pry Staal from Pit because at least his Salary might justify trading him. Even then...

Old
05-27-2009, 11:28 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Behind Shane Doan, he was our second most valuable forward, last season, just his second in the NHL. He's also already our best defensive forward. I believe that one day very soon he will be considered an elite shut-down center, as his two-way ability will become Selke caliber, a lot sooner than most expect. He has started to fill out, too, and clearly focused on developing a physical aspect to his game, last season, as well. At six foot five and over two hundred and twenty pounds(and gaining), he has the potential to be an absolute monster out there if he continues to work on finishing every check and hitting to hurt. Apart from that, he has shown flashes of great offensive talent, as well. He has very good vision and passing ability. He's shown great playmaking ability along the boards. He was drafted in the first round for his offensive potential. Potential he later showed off putting up a point and a half per game in his first and only season in the WHL. That side of his game hasn't quite translated to the NHL just yet, but I'm betting it does, sooner than later. In my opinion, Martin Hanzal has the potential to be every bit as valuable as any other player in the entire Phoenix Coyotes organization. On top of all of that, he's twenty two years old and still on his entry level contract.

In short, there is no effing way in h that Phoenix even considers trading him. It's just not going to happen. Obviously nobody is untouchable, but they don't get a whole lot closer than Martin Hanzal.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 11:32 PM
indczn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Behind Shane Doan, he was our second most valuable forward, last season, just his second in the NHL. He's also already our best defensive forward. I believe that one day very soon he will be considered an elite shut-down center, as his two-way ability will become Selke caliber, a lot sooner than most expect. He has started to fill out, too, and clearly focused on developing a physical aspect to his game, last season, as well. At six foot five and over two hundred and twenty pounds(and gaining), he has the potential to be an absolute monster out there if he continues to work on finishing every check and hitting to hurt. Apart from that, he has shown flashes of great offensive talent, as well. He has very good vision and passing ability. He's shown great playmaking ability along the boards. He was drafted in the first round for his offensive potential. Potential he later showed off putting up a point and a half per game in his first and only season in the WHL. That side of his game hasn't quite translated to the NHL just yet, but I'm betting it does, sooner than later. In my opinion, Martin Hanzal has the potential to be every bit as valuable as any other player in the entire Phoenix Coyotes organization. On top of all of that, he's twenty two years old and still on his entry level contract.

In short, there is no effing way in h that Phoenix even considers trading him. It's just not going to happen. Obviously nobody is untouchable, but they don't get a whole lot closer than Martin Hanzal.
I figured you might show up and type all that out and save me the drunken effort I think you covered everything.

Old
05-28-2009, 01:46 PM
kovalost27

Phoenix will only trade Hanzal for Gretel.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote