HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

does Brule compare with Yzermen?

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Kugel

vCash: 500
does Brule compare with Yzermen?

ok before everyone jumps all over me i know stevie Y is awesome and brule hasnt even been drafted, but do u think that brule could compare with a young yzermen?
i have only seen brule play a couple of times, so im not really sure. he has a good shot and so does steve. smaller players, etc.....

Old
10-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Mizral

This is the comparison I use the most. Brule I believe plays a lot like a young Yzerman, except he is perhaps more physical. He shoots, skates, and passes at a comprable level to Stevey Y. He's also a real leader on the ice, just like Stevey.

It's the physicality which sets him apart. Also, I think maybe Brule doesn't have quite the overall on-ice vision when it comes to playmaking. They are slightly different, yet very similar at the same time.

Maybe a better comparison might be Doug Weight. But Brule could be much better than Weight ever was or will be.

Old
10-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Form and Substance

Brule will find his own niche. Comparing him to Yzerman at this stage...well, it's a bit early. Brule will hit his stride sometime soon, he's a very unique player. People will be comparing prospects to Brule in the next 5 years.

Closed Thread