HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs moving back in draft to #13 slot (buffalo)

Old
05-29-2009, 05:16 PM
burke4life

vCash: 500
Leafs moving back in draft to #13 slot (buffalo)

According to http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=31878 what this guy has to say, Ryan Ellis will get drafted 13th overall.
Now lets say HYPOTHETICALLY leafs want to move back to 13th to draft him. What would Buffalo have to give T.O to move up?

burke4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Drew75

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke4life View Post
According to http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=31878 what this guy has to say, Ryan Ellis will get drafted 13th overall.
Now lets say HYPOTHETICALLY leafs want to move back to 13th to draft him. What would Buffalo have to give T.O to move up?
As there's a drop off after 7 ... T. Meyers

Drew75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 05:28 PM
seanlinden

Not many attractive pieces in Buffalo... wouldn't consider moving down to 13 unless Tyler Myers was coming our way. Perhaps consider Derek Roy.

That being said, problably not happening.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 05:43 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Not likely for Buffalo to select a D with their first pick. The org needs some F depth especially with size.

enrothorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 06:16 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew75 View Post
As there's a drop off after 7 ... T. Meyers
Its Myers....and no chance we (the leafs) get him

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 06:25 PM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Not many attractive pieces in Buffalo... wouldn't consider moving down to 13 unless Tyler Myers was coming our way. Perhaps consider Derek Roy.

Derek Roy to move up 6 spots?

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 06:25 PM
CaptPantalones

Buffalo wont move up. They'll stay there and take Kassian, and if not him, Ellis

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 10:29 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
Buffalo wont move up. They'll stay there and take Kassian, and if not him, Ellis
If they can move up to 7, they can pick up Schroder or Cowan. Both will be better than Kassian and Ellis, respectively.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Tyler Myers

the leafs need forwards

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 10:51 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Taveras View Post
the leafs need forwards
I would think they need another defenseman, like Voctir Hadmen.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 10:51 PM
HarriSateri

Quote:

Yes, give up Myers to move up to draft a player who won't be as good as Myers. Seems like a solid idea.

HarriSateri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 11:04 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
I would think they need another defenseman, like Voctir Hadmen.
Well, we do need another young top 4 defenceman. But, i would guess if we move down to 13, it would be for one of Ellis, or Moore. However, this teams biggest needs are for top line forwards and goalies. To move down to 13, i think we would probably ask for a good forward or goalie prospect. Maybe something could be worked around the 7th overall, 13th overall, and Enroth.

Last edited by Chandrashekhar Limit: 05-29-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 01:00 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT View Post
Well, we do need another young top 4 defenceman. But, i would guess if we move down to 13, it would be for one of Ellis, or Moore. However, this teams biggest needs are for top line forwards and goalies. To move down to 13, i think we would probably ask for a good forward or goalie prospect. Maybe something could be worked around the 7th overall, 13th overall, and Enroth.
When was the last time a team traded one of their top prospects to move up 6 spots--and not even into the top 5??

Toronto is NOT getting Myers or Enroth, so you guys can stop tossing them in like they're worthless.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
When was the last time a team traded one of their top prospects to move up 6 spots--and not even into the top 5??

Toronto is NOT getting Myers or Enroth, so you guys can stop tossing them in like they're worthless.
Where in my post does it say top prosepect? I said a good forward or goalie prospect. Secondly, in this years draft, after 7 there is a talent drop off. Teams have to overpay this year to get into the top 7, specially when its a drop of 6 spots. Next, it says a deal could be worked around the 7th, Enroth, and 13th. Enroth is not that good. With Miller signed till 2013, why does Buffalo even need him?

Oh, and finally, maybe read a post carefully before flaming away.

Last edited by Chandrashekhar Limit: 05-30-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Old
05-30-2009, 01:18 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Where in my post does it say top prosepect? I said a good forward or goalie prospect. Secondly, in this years draft, after 7 there is a talent drop off. We are not dropping for scraps or spare parts. Next, it says a could be worked around the 7th, Enroth, and 13th. Enroth is good, but not that good. With Miller signed till 2013, why does Buffalo even need him?

Oh, and finally, maybe read a post carefully before flaming away.
You may not have said top prospect, but thats what Enroth is. He's one of our top 2 or 3 prospects. and yes he is that good.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 01:25 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
You may not have said top prospect, but thats what Enroth is. He's one of our top 2 or 3 prospects. and yes he is that good.
He's not that good. Harding has proven alot more and Enroth is not Harding good. But serously it says around that pick. When i say around, that means it could be adjusted, or added to. Miller is your starting goalie and everyone knows that. So why do you think its farfetched that you deal him, in this years draft to fill another hole in your organization?

Old
05-30-2009, 01:40 AM
TheFisherKing

13th and ennis for 7th.

TheFisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 01:45 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCokeHead View Post
13th and ennis for 7th.
All for it. I think the leafs might need to add a second rounder to that.

Last edited by Chandrashekhar Limit: 05-30-2009 at 02:17 AM.
Old
05-30-2009, 02:01 AM
Quik
Agent 0091

According to this guy, Schenn is going 7th, why would Burke trade down when the guy he wants falls into his laps?

Quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 02:05 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Lets say the leafs do move to 13. If we have the choice to draft either Ellis or Moore, whom do we go with? I say Moore.

Old
05-30-2009, 02:08 AM
wayne98

Quote:

it wasnt a toronto fan that made this trade proposal, and the question was asked what Buff. would have to give up to get the leafs pick, and there is no way in hell that toronto trades that pick for nothing but the 13th pick, especially when the drop off of talent is pretty high after 7th. So buff would have to give up something significant, it is 6 places in the draft after all, so ya you can be almost certain burke wouild ask for myers, not saying buff would be smart to do that, but thats probably what it would take.

wayne98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 04:21 AM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:

While I can't see Burke dropping that far down, if he did, I would expect that he would want guys like Myers and Enroth as well as the 13th pick (and probably more).

Also, I don't think that anyone here was calling either Myers or Enroth "worthless". I know I'm not.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 04:31 AM
Furious George
Ville the Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne98 View Post
it wasnt a toronto fan that made this trade proposal, and the question was asked what Buff. would have to give up to get the leafs pick, and there is no way in hell that toronto trades that pick for nothing but the 13th pick, especially when the drop off of talent is pretty high after 7th. So buff would have to give up something significant, it is 6 places in the draft after all, so ya you can be almost certain burke wouild ask for myers, not saying buff would be smart to do that, but thats probably what it would take.
He might as well ask for Roy, Miller, Enroth, Ennis, and Stafford in addition to Myers. He's going to get the same response from Darcy Regier.

Furious George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
He's not that good. Harding has proven alot more and Enroth is not Harding good. But serously it says around that pick. When i say around, that means it could be adjusted, or added to. Miller is your starting goalie and everyone knows that. So why do you think its farfetched that you deal him, in this years draft to fill another hole in your organization?
Maybe you should do a little research as Enroth is the only potential NHL caliber goalie signed in the organization outside of Miller and Lalime. They couldn't let him go without needing to sign or trade for another goalie. Smart teams deal from a positional strength which goalie and forward isn't for Buffalo. If the Leafs wanted a prospect to entice Buffalo to move up it would have to come from the Brennan, Gragnani, Schleistel, Weber, Persson logjam.

Old Navy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Go Habs Go

Quote:

lol you want Buffalo to give up one of their best players if not the best to move up 6 spots?

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote