HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto Maple Leafs - New Jersey Devils

Old
05-29-2009, 03:29 PM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

vCash: 500
Isn't Lou that little voice inside Burke's head?

If these two were to make a deal, (like they did with Malakov) it would be beneficial to both of them.

JRZ DVLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Mojo19
He's Big, He's Bald

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil3027 View Post
Anyone who wants Pandawful is outta their minds, especially for stajan..holy hell.
Please elaborate.

I'll admit I don't watch many NJ games but whenever I have he is always a good defensive forward player. His stats dropped a lot this year... likely just an off year? Points and shot percent cut in half basically and his +/- went down a lot.

Not to read too much into the stats..... but is this really anymore than just an off year?

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo027 View Post
Please elaborate.

I'll admit I don't watch many NJ games but whenever I have he is always a good defensive forward player. His stats dropped a lot this year... likely just an off year? Points and shot percent cut in half basically and his +/- went down a lot.

Not to read too much into the stats..... but is this really anymore than just an off year?
Pandolfo is what he is - an elite penalty killing forward.

The problem is, he's an elite penalty killing forward even while at even strength.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Mojo19
He's Big, He's Bald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Pandolfo is what he is - an elite penalty killing forward.

The problem is, he's an elite penalty killing forward even while at even strength.
Why is that a problem though.... he is an excellent defensive forward. That is a great talent set for a 3rd/4th line role.

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 12:14 AM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Quote:
Why is that a problem though.... he is an excellent defensive forward. That is a great talent set for a 3rd/4th line role.
Yeah but he literally brings nothing else to the table. Hell, he actually drags down the production of his linemates because all he does is dump the puck out of the zone and back to the other team.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 01:08 AM
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofgrond View Post
Yeah but he literally brings nothing else to the table. Hell, he actually drags down the production of his linemates because all he does is dump the puck out of the zone and back to the other team.
Arrested Development is probably the most underrated show of all time. Good stuff !!

05-30-2009, 01:24 AM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofgrond View Post
Be that as it may, scoring wasn't a problem for the Leafs this past regular season. The PK was. If Pandolfo could help the Leafs' PK ststs, then as far as I'm concerned he'd be a welcome sight in a Leaf jersey (even if his offensive stats have completely gone down the toilet). The Leafs' PK can only go up, you know.

Last edited by EucaLEAFtys: 05-30-2009 at 02:14 AM.
EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 01:40 AM
Crimson Devil*

Quote:
Our team isn't really blessed with fast speed as it is, so when a slug like Pando gets on, he often gets mass hate. Anyways, it doesn't matter what your name is. If you're a third/fourth liner (he usually is on the fourth line nowadays), his 2.5M cap hit is just a '**** hits the fan' target.

Doesn't help that whenever we have a 2 on 1 breakaway, its ALWAYS Madden and Pandolfo, and we already know the end result every single time. Fans get on their feet, ready for a goal (bless those optimistic ********), Madden takes the shot and either misses or the goalie saves it, or Pandolfo takes it and misses by a mile and a half. Maybe he should aim for the ref and it might go in more often...

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 02:02 AM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Devil View Post
Doesn't help that whenever we have a 2 on 1 breakaway, its ALWAYS Madden and Pandolfo, and we already know the end result every single time. Fans get on their feet, ready for a goal (bless those optimistic ********), Madden takes the shot and either misses or the goalie saves it, or Pandolfo takes it and misses by a mile and a half. Maybe he should aim for the ref and it might go in more often...
The most common 2 on 1 calls by Doc:

"MADDEN WINDS UP, FIRES, SAVE!"

"PANDOLFO PASSES TO MADDEN, MADDEN FIRES, SAVE!"

and

"PANDOLFO WINDS UP, FI- wait was that a shot? Really? I hope he was aiming for the freaking crowd, because otherwise that was absolutely horrendous. I honestly wish I had been born blind, so that I might never have witnessed such a blight upon the game of hockey as what I have just seen. "

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Be that as it may, scoring wasn't a problem for the Leafs this past regular season. The PK was. If Pandolfo could help the Leafs' PK ststs, then as far as I'm concerned he'd be a welcome sight in a Leaf jersey (even if his offensive stats have completely gone down the toilet). The Leafs' PK can only go up, you know.
If all you're going to use him for is the PK, that's fine. The problem is the Devils tried to use him at even strength this last season, and every time we did it looked like we were on a PK. We'd fall into a passive box in our own zone and try to keep the puck to the outside.

If you do that enough, you're going to get burned - and they did. A lot.

I want him gone not because of our cap hit, but so that the temptation to try to use him on a shutdown line isn't there anymore.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 05:45 PM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
If all you're going to use him for is the PK, that's fine. The problem is the Devils tried to use him at even strength this last season, and every time we did it looked like we were on a PK. We'd fall into a passive box in our own zone and try to keep the puck to the outside.

If you do that enough, you're going to get burned - and they did. A lot.

I want him gone not because of our cap hit, but so that the temptation to try to use him on a shutdown line isn't there anymore.
Understood. Thanks for the insight!

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 07:44 AM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford View Post
I would do it. That would be rough on our prospect pool though...
Of course you would do it. You get the best asset by far.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote