HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Steroid dealer claims that he sold to Capitals players

Old
05-29-2009, 06:00 PM
PrOuLx

vCash: 500
Semin took 20 pounds or more in last 2 years

PrOuLx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 07:06 PM
maci4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
This is just one of a number of hits that came up with a google search "facts on steroids".

http://bodybuilding.about.com/od/sup...oiddangers.htm

At first glance there is quite a bit of documentation out there that seems to suggest the cons outweigh the pros.

The problem with Monson's opinion is that he assumes everyone is willing to take the huge healthrisks associated with the use of steroids and other PH substances.

The guy who decides that he wants no part of the negative side effects is left at a disadvantage. Ironically, Monson says that. Except his reason is they can't afford them and his solution is to make them legal and regulate. It doesn't dawn on him that maybe these guys are afraid of the long-term effects.
Valid point

I still believe that the stigma around sterroids is a little too negative. In the end it is each persons choice.

In the end the question really is, What is the cost of winning?

maci4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 07:09 PM
maci4life

I think it's human nature to ask ones self. What is my potential?

Most people go through a time when they're training for something and are on a roll, only to injure themselves and regress a little, or that they hit a plateau that they cannot get over.

Old
05-29-2009, 07:43 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by maci4life View Post
Valid point

I still believe that the stigma around sterroids is a little too negative. In the end it is each persons choice.

In the end the question really is, What is the cost of winning?
It can't be negative enough. Once you start trivializing it, you start on the road to making it OK, especially to youngsters who'll flock to it more and more even before they've reached puberty.

And each people's choice? Ok, you may believe that - if true, but not under a privately run organization, such as the NHL. It's not each persons choice - it's the NHL's choice.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 07:44 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by maci4life View Post
I think it's human nature to ask ones self. What is my potential?

Most people go through a time when they're training for something and are on a roll, only to injure themselves and regress a little, or that they hit a plateau that they cannot get over.
lemme guess, you're cranked?

Old
05-29-2009, 07:53 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Steroids are guaranteed to shrink your testes and impair your sexual function, e.g. no more erections. You're also very likely to lose your hair and grow female breasts, it's not a pretty thing. So you can do 1 of 2 things, 1) work a little harder and train smarter while still being an actual man or 2) inject yourself and enjoy having plastic surgery to remove your new, female breasts

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 09:39 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaWrista View Post
Steroids are guaranteed to shrink your testes and impair your sexual function, e.g. no more erections. You're also very likely to lose your hair and grow female breasts, it's not a pretty thing. So you can do 1 of 2 things, 1) work a little harder and train smarter while still being an actual man or 2) inject yourself and enjoy having plastic surgery to remove your new, female breasts
whatever...

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 12:58 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
whatever...
Ha ha....better jump off the cycle....'cause he's right . Know many people who've experienced everything he listed....including having to get the surgery. Now, some of those side effects are avoidable, but most young idiots that jump on the juice are clueless and flying off the seat of their soon to be roomier pants, ha ha ha .

Old
05-30-2009, 01:07 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaWrista View Post
Do you know how many diseases they treat with steroids? You know testosterone is natural, right? You know every side effect you posted above is extremely rare, and is often the case of abusing a steroid, right?

Go tell a person with MS, or AIDS, they are piles of garbage for using steroids, I'd like to be there when you get punched off of your soapbox.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 01:16 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Ha ha....better jump off the cycle....'cause he's right . Know many people who've experienced everything he listed....including having to get the surgery. Now, some of those side effects are avoidable, but most young idiots that jump on the juice are clueless and flying off the seat of their soon to be roomier pants, ha ha ha .
Yeah, because everyone has permanant libido failure and everyone grows gynecomastia. Yeah right.

Old
05-30-2009, 03:21 AM
maci4life

Quote:
It can't be negative enough. Once you start trivializing it, you start on the road to making it OK, especially to youngsters who'll flock to it more and more even before they've reached puberty.

And each people's choice? Ok, you may believe that - if true, but not under a privately run organization, such as the NHL. It's not each persons choice - it's the NHL's choice.
So what about the up and comers not in the NHL? if they know that an enhancement can be the difference between a draft selection and a future junior or at very best an AHL career, then guess which one they'd probably take.

And yes it is trivial. People know the possible side effects, and what the abuse of a substance can do to someone. Education is the key, not media hype.

Old
05-30-2009, 03:22 AM
maci4life

Quote:
lemme guess, you're cranked?
like i said before, i'm not on anything, but i may try it when i'm hitting 40 or so. we'll see.

Old
05-30-2009, 03:25 AM
maci4life

Quote:
I know a couple guys that juiced it up in High school. they got pretty damned big. Last i heard of one guy, he had 2 heart attacks and needed heart surgery a couple years ago. ( high school was early 90's for me btw ). As you can tell, he was a subtance abuser.

Old
05-30-2009, 03:28 AM
maci4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Do you know how many diseases they treat with steroids? You know testosterone is natural, right? You know every side effect you posted above is extremely rare, and is often the case of abusing a steroid, right?

Go tell a person with MS, or AIDS, they are piles of garbage for using steroids, I'd like to be there when you get punched off of your soapbox.
yup.

can anyone guess what a cortisone shot is? thats right. a steroid.

Old
05-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Yeah, because everyone has permanant libido failure and everyone grows gynecomastia. Yeah right.
I love when these guys tell you to read some kinesiology books or try to educate you on this. I really do, just goes to show you what their opinions are worth on other things..

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 01:24 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
I love when these guys tell you to read some kinesiology books or try to educate you on this. I really do, just goes to show you what their opinions are worth on other things..
I read a study that 46% of steroid users don't see a difference in their sexual performance, 21% do see a negative difference and 33% say it got them better at it with more endurance.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 02:23 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
I read a study that 46% of steroid users don't see a difference in their sexual performance, 21% do see a negative difference and 33% say it got them better at it with more endurance.
Yeah, this kinda proves my point.

However, we gotta be careful with those studies, I'm pretty sure they took steroids users as a whole for their stats. But some steroids are known to mess up with your libido far more than other. My guess is, the 21% of users who had a negative impact were probably using something in the likes of the ever-popular deca-durabolin.

Old
05-30-2009, 02:26 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
Yeah, I love it too. I have real education on the subejct, but well, they must know it all since they saw someone on the roids at their gym.

Old
05-30-2009, 03:40 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Yeah, I love it too. I have real education on the subejct, but well, they must know it all since they saw someone on the roids at their gym.
Or they just listen to their friend who thinks he knows it all.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote