HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
05-30-2009, 07:11 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriticalKing View Post
I'll save it for the conspiracy theorists but rumor had it that the NHL was behind that trade and forced Edmonton to trade Gretzky in order to make hockey popular in the US...and it worked!
You just went off the ledge, again, on that one!

Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 05-30-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old
05-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Lanius

C'mon Luc, you can do it. I mean dean!

Old
05-30-2009, 11:11 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Its not like LA wanted Vinny! Its the fact that Tampa is SHOPPING him around. So maybe there is something wrong with him that we don't know.

For example if LA was brewing a trade for Kovi, I would love it. If you involve the same players that LA is giving up for Vinny and for Kovi. I'd pick Kovi. There is something fishy with Vinny being shopped. Especially after a bad season. This may bite LA HARD if it goes through.
From what I've heard Tocchet hates his guts. Also, you could be looking at a Tampa team with Stamkos, Hedman and probably the Kings #5 overall pick in the lineup next season. That's a pretty good turnaround in 1 season and you get guys in there the coach wants. My question for the CBA guys is is it against the rules for Tampa to send cash or pay for some of Vinny's salary like baseball does?

Old
05-30-2009, 11:12 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
I'll save it for the conspiracy theorists but rumor had it that the NHL was behind that trade and forced Edmonton to trade Gretzky in order to make hockey popular in the US...and it worked!
You should Google Peter Pocklington and read about him.

Old
05-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
My question for the CBA guys is is it against the rules for Tampa to send cash or pay for some of Vinny's salary like baseball does?
Yes, teams can No Longer do that.

Old
05-30-2009, 11:57 PM
socalpuck

Quote:
From what I've heard Tocchet hates his guts. Also, you could be looking at a Tampa team with Stamkos, Hedman and probably the Kings #5 overall pick in the lineup next season. That's a pretty good turnaround in 1 season and you get guys in there the coach wants. My question for the CBA guys is is it against the rules for Tampa to send cash or pay for some of Vinny's salary like baseball does?
From what I have heard Tocchet will bet you anything he doesn't hate his guts.

Stay away from this trade!!

Old
05-31-2009, 12:24 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
i'm no CBA expert but I'm almost positive that you can't send cash as part of a trade. It was ok with the old CBA I think and I'm pretty sure the Capitals were paying part of Jagr's salary after he was traded to the Rangers but that deal was done before the new CBA.

Old
05-31-2009, 12:28 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Am I the only one that thinks that Lecavalier's contract could potentially be moved in his 35+ years to a team like Nashville who would love to eat up $7m+ part of their salary CAP while only paying a few million in actual salary? Maybe it cost you a second round draft pick or something else but in the long run probably worth it. That of course assumes that he'll still be fairly productive in those years.

Old
05-31-2009, 12:36 AM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
Tocchet hating him is a little harsh but from lockerroom quotes from players and coaching staff seem to indicate that St.Louis is the real captain while Lecavalier wears the "C" because he is more popular with fans.

That does seem to be a theme with Lightning coaches though, Tortorella and Melrose both said some things about Lecavalier needing to be motivated every night.

Old
05-31-2009, 12:45 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Am I the only one that thinks that Lecavalier's contract could potentially be moved in his 35+ years to a team like Nashville who would love to eat up $7m+ part of their salary CAP while only paying a few million in actual salary? Maybe it cost you a second round draft pick or something else but in the long run probably worth it. That of course assumes that he'll still be fairly productive in those years.
I have mentioned this on several occasions. The problem is that those against the trade do not want to acknowledge that having a cap hit that is higher than your actual salary can be an asset to a team struggling to make the salary floor while trying to keep monetary losses at a minimum.

Old
05-31-2009, 01:53 AM
VictoryRose

Tocchet does not "hate" Vinny.

Let's just say you won't be seeing a lot of French Canadians in prominent roles on a Rick Tocchet shaped team in the long run.

Old
05-31-2009, 01:56 AM
VictoryRose

When he's 35, it's going to be 2015-2016.

The cap will have rebounded and gone up considerably.

Please get over the cap issues as being the problem with acquiring Vinny. They aren't practical, and it continues to make you look absolutely inane and incapable of foresight.

If you want to argue the kind of player he is, fine. His leadership, fine. Whether or not a center is what the Kings need (you're wrong, but fine).

Stop acting like the cap hit is the big impetus, please.

Old
05-31-2009, 02:19 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
thank god it's a Eklund.

That means Vinny is going anywhere but the Kings.

It's not the cap hit what concerns me.

It is what the Lightnings are asking for............

And.... would you as a GM wonder about, if Lombardi offers now Kopitar to everyone????
Wouldn't you think about why ???

Old
05-31-2009, 02:38 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
When he's 35, it's going to be 2015-2016.

The cap will have rebounded and gone up considerably.

Please get over the cap issues as being the problem with acquiring Vinny. They aren't practical, and it continues to make you look absolutely inane and incapable of foresight.

If you want to argue the kind of player he is, fine. His leadership, fine. Whether or not a center is what the Kings need (you're wrong, but fine).

Stop acting like the cap hit is the big impetus, please.
in addition to that, there may be revisions made to the terms surrounding moving players/contracts in the new CBA.

Old
05-31-2009, 12:36 PM
Dr. Naysay

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Naysay
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
in addition to that, there may be revisions made to the terms surrounding moving players/contracts in the new CBA.
I find it fascinating that people are more comfortable making prognostications regarding the status of the Salary Cap in the 2015/2016 season than they are acknowledging that there may not BE a Salary Cap in the 2015/2016 season.

Old
05-31-2009, 12:42 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
I find it fascinating that people are more comfortable making prognostications regarding the status of the Salary Cap in the 2015/2016 season than they are acknowledging that there may not BE a Salary Cap in the 2015/2016 season.
I will go on record as saying the salary cap has been the best thing to happen to the NHL since the goalie mask......It isn't going anywhere.

Old
05-31-2009, 12:52 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

I can see it now.

We trade our #5. As it turns out, Kane would have fallen to us if we had kept the pick.

Squidward and I have a "mother ****er of all the **** luck" moment.

By December 2009, Kane is outscoring both Vinny and Kovy and is in the running for the scoring title during the season. DIEHARD cries in his O'Sullivan handkerchief.

Chazz makes all of us beer. We feel a little better and convince one another that everything will turn out ok. The enthusiasm returns because Vinny has been playing well as of late and the team is still having a decent season. The playoffs are well within reach.

Vinny then goes down with a season and possibly career ending injury when Calder, who we are pissed off is still a King, accidentally runs over Vinny's hand with a skate during practice.

The Kings finish third to last in the West.

Tony claims it was an improvement over last season and the future is bright. HF is in chaos. Everyone places everyone else on ignore. AEG has had enough. Dean is fired.

Leiweke announces Luc as the new GM with the speech, "Luc has been a winner his entire hockey career and was the face of this team during its most prominent seasons. We are proud to have him lead our Kings into the future and are confident he will restore the winning tradition of this franchise."

Many are stunned.

PSP finally puts himself out of his misery and becomes a Ducks fan. Neil buys him a beer.

DIEHARD threatens to set himself on fire outside of Staples Center during a Carolina v. Kings game. He has poured kerosene on himself and is holding a lighter. Chazz and I try to convince him not to do it but he keeps muttering "O'Sullivan would have wanted it this way". When we finally have him coming around, some young kid who has only been following the Kings for 10 years comes up to him and tells him to be more patient. His lower lip begins to quiver. He goes over the edge. BBQ DIEHARD.

Chazz and I go across the street to ESPN Zone to mourn the loss of our friend. We have an IPA in his honor.

We run into Squidward who is proudly wearing a Canes jersey.

Two seasons later, Frolov goes on to lift the Cup with the Red Wings and wins the Selke.

Last edited by Zad: 05-31-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old
05-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Captain Ron

Zad needs a monument built in his honor....seriously!

Old
05-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
I can see it now.

We trade our #5. As it turns out, Kane would have fallen to us if we had kept the pick.

By December 2009, Kane is outscoring both Vinny and Kovy and is in the running for the scoring title during the season. DIEHARD cries in his O'Sullivan handkerchief.

Chazz makes all of us beer. We feel a little better and convince one another that everything will turn out ok. The enthusiasm returns because Vinny has been playing well as of late and the team is still having a decent season. The playoffs are well within reach.

Vinny then goes down with a season and possibly career ending injury when Calder, who we are pissed off is still a King, accidentally runs over Vinny's hand with a skate during practice.

Tony claims it was an improvement over last season and the future is bright. HF is in chaos. Everyone places everyone else on ignore. AEG has had enough. Dean is fired.

Leiweke announces Luc as the new GM with the speech, "Luc has been a winner his entire hockey career and was the face of this team during its most prominent seasons. We are proud to have him lead our Kings into the future and are confident he will restore the winning tradition of this franchise."

Many are stunned.

PSP finally puts himself out of his misery and becomes a Ducks fan. Neil buys him a beer.

DIEHARD threatens to set himself on fire outside of Staples Center during a Carolina v. Kings game. He has poured kerosene on himself and is holding a lighter. Chazz and I try to convince him not to do it but he keeps muttering "O'Sullivan would have wanted it this way". When we finally have him coming around, some young kid who has only been following the Kings for 10 years comes up to him and tells him to be more patient. His lower lip begins to quiver. He goes over the edge. BBQ DIEHARD.

Chazz and I go across the street to ESPN Zone to mourn the loss of our friend. We have an IPA in his honor.

Two seasons later, Frolov goes on to lift the Cup with the Red Wings and wins the Selke.
I think this thread has just been won

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
05-31-2009, 01:12 PM
HookKing

A dose of reality. This deal has potential long-term disaster written all over it. TB will have to pretty much give VL away to the Kings to unload that contract. Uncle Phil didn't get that rich handing out insane deals. Risk management -- not well understood here. This is not a knock on VL. However, his on ice value >>>>>>> his trade value. If this trade happens, TB will not be getting 5th overall, JJ or any other promising assets in return. Just Preissing, later rounds picks etc. TB has no leverage. Kings have safer ways to upgrade talent.

Old
05-31-2009, 01:29 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
I can see it now.

Many are stunned.

Scatter my ashes in section 214!

Old
05-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Evander Kane as the best player to come out of the draft? Surely you jest Zad.

Old
05-31-2009, 01:38 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Evander Kane as the best player to come out of the draft? Surely you jest Zad.
He wasn't joking and don't call my friend Shirley!

Old
05-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Mr Underhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
A dose of reality. This deal has potential long-term disaster written all over it. TB will have to pretty much give VL away to the Kings to unload that contract. Uncle Phil didn't get that rich handing out insane deals. Risk management -- not well understood here. This is not a knock on VL. However, his on ice value >>>>>>> his trade value. If this trade happens, TB will not be getting 5th overall, JJ or any other promising assets in return. Just Preissing, later rounds picks etc. TB has no leverage. Kings have safer ways to upgrade talent.
HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old
05-31-2009, 02:14 PM
VictoryRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
You're retarded if you think the BOG will EVER capitulate on a Salary Cap now that it's in place. It's the only thing keeping some franchises competitive and their fan bases interested.

Closed Thread