HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Off-Season Prospects Review & MA Bourdon in Memorial Cup

Old
05-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

vCash: 500
Windsor ended up winning 6-4. Bourdon with 0 points, -3, and season's over. Yuck. So, when does he sign? I know there's no rush, but I just hope his signing is inevitable.

Jim Schennson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Joey Mac

i know it's out of the blue, but as much as i like what bourdon does, i'm more excited to see what marshall can do...

Joey Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick van Riemsdyk View Post
Windsor ended up winning 6-4. Bourdon with 0 points, -3, and season's over. Yuck. So, when does he sign? I know there's no rush, but I just hope his signing is inevitable.
I only saw the highlights, but Bourdon got burned on a couple of Mitchell's goal, esp the GWG in which he was standing right beside him in front of the goalie but didn't think to check him or anything....

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 11:55 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I only saw the highlights, but Bourdon got burned on a couple of Mitchell's goal, esp the GWG in which he was standing right beside him in front of the goalie but didn't think to check him or anything....
I was watching the game... Bourdon didnt play well but a lot of those goals are a bit difficult to pin on one guy. The Mitchell goal you mention was tough because there were about 3 or 4 Windsor players crashing the net and the only one around was Bourdon. Tough play.

A bit earlier he made a really nice diving poke check on someone who would have had a break away. It looked like Rimouski was falling apart everywhere in the 3rd period

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
I was watching the game... Bourdon didnt play well but a lot of those goals are a bit difficult to pin on one guy. The Mitchell goal you mention was tough because there were about 3 or 4 Windsor players crashing the net and the only one around was Bourdon. Tough play.
Fair point, but on the GWG he was close enough to Mitchell to kiss him but didn't check him. He might still be an NHL player in the future, but he's not that close yet. His skating needs work, he needs to be better on D - both of which are achievable given he has good hands, hockey sense and hitting ability.

As always, with Flyer D prospects, I hope he surprises everyone, makes the team out of camp, and wins the Calder, Norris and Conn Smythe.

Old
05-24-2009, 03:55 PM
teddygmr

how about Stefan Ruzicka? He had a very good year in Russia...leading his team in goal scoring enen tho he was one of their youngest players. He also played well in World Championships.
He should earn a whole lot less than Knuble. Has anyone heard anything about him coming back?

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygmr View Post
how about Stefan Ruzicka? He had a very good year in Russia...leading his team in goal scoring enen tho he was one of their youngest players. He also played well in World Championships.
He should earn a whole lot less than Knuble. Has anyone heard anything about him coming back?
Always liked Rosie, if we need a skilled winger he's a possibility.

Old
05-24-2009, 04:12 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Ruzicka probably would get paid more in Russia.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 08:51 AM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

Bourdon - Coburn
Sbisa - Parent
Marshal - Bodrov

drooool

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 11:33 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygmr View Post
Pavel Brendl 2.0

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 06:24 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721

Flyers will be top 10 in prospect rankings once again. Giroux has been upgraded to 8.0B, Marshall to a 7.5C, and Sbisa to an 8.0B. We might even be top 5 because neither Giroux or Sbisa has graduated yet. That gives us three very good top end prospects, with a good supporting cast, except in goal.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 06:41 PM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post

Flyers will be top 10 in prospect rankings once again. Giroux has been upgraded to 8.0B, Marshall to a 7.5C, and Sbisa to an 8.0B. We might even be top 5 because neither Giroux or Sbisa has graduated yet. That gives us three very good top end prospects, with a good supporting cast, except in goal.
Out:
Parent

Still In:
JVR
Giroux
Sbisa
Marshall
Bourdon
Nodl

Maroon might be jumping up too. Ratchuk and Bodrov are still in there.

I could see us in the top 5 next season depending on how HF feels about our pick ups in this draft.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 07:28 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Always liked Rosie, if we need a skilled winger who has no aversion to using his stick in illegal ways he's a possibility.
Fixed that for you.

Ruzicka was good in the OHL in his draft year, and dogged it the rest of the time. But I will say that I've never seen anyone as anxious to hack and slash the way Ruzicka is.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 08:22 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
Out:
Parent

Still In:
JVR
Giroux
Sbisa
Marshall
Bourdon
Nodl

Maroon might be jumping up too. Ratchuk and Bodrov are still in there.

I could see us in the top 5 next season depending on how HF feels about our pick ups in this draft.
I don't know about top 5, because you figure other bad teams ahead of us have better draft picks. We were in the top 6 or 7 last year and I don't think we had anyone graduate since then besides Parent, who is going to be replaced by maybe a better prospect. Giroux jumping the rankings in the HF Top 50 will help. As far as these lists though, it just really means we have good players who haven't played yet. I don't know how many years the Kings are near the top of the list.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 09:17 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Looking at the teams ahead of us, they have graduated some significant players

Blues-Berglund, Perron, Polak, EJ
LA-Doughty, Harrold, Quick, Simmonds, Quincey
Columbus-Voracek, Mason, Methot, Russell
Phoenix-Boedker, Hanzal, Lisin, Turris, Yandle, Mueller
Boston-Krejci, Lucic, Wheeler
Chicago-Barker, Versteeg, Brouwer, Bolland

And each team has a guy that's on the verge of graduating, like Oshie, Brassard, Purcell, Moller. I don't know, it will be interesting to see how everything works out.

Old
05-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:

Not like it matters, but Giroux should be an 8.5, IMO.

It's quite a joy to have such a strong farm system and a bright future.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
But I will say that I've never seen anyone as anxious to hack and slash the way Ruzicka is.
You say that like it's a negative thing - and to a Bobby Clarke/Mike Richards fan at that....

Old
05-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Not like it matters, but Giroux should be an 8.5, IMO.
Whole ranking is pointless if Giroux is still considered a prospect....

Old
05-28-2009, 09:37 PM
jb**

Quote:

that means squat. wow they have a lot of prospects most will fail than succeed. with a cap in place you trade these guys for proven talent so they better hope they pan out. way tomcu h hype for the defensive prospects. if 1 makes it consider it a success.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 09:43 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Fixed that for you.

Ruzicka was good in the OHL in his draft year, and dogged it the rest of the time. But I will say that I've never seen anyone as anxious to hack and slash the way Ruzicka is.
from all acounts he really had a solid year in europe and solidfied his game. i would not write him off. i perosnally think he didnt get a real chance to play with talented linemates when on the flyers. would like to see him get a real shot. wont happen this year but who knows.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 12:42 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
from all acounts he really had a solid year in europe and solidfied his game. i would not write him off. i perosnally think he didnt get a real chance to play with talented linemates when on the flyers. would like to see him get a real shot. wont happen this year but who knows.
It's safe to write him off as being anything in a Flyers jersey at this point. He's still an asset, and therefore should not be wasted. His experience in North America adds to his value, and if he had a good year in the KHL (36 points in 55 games), maybe he'll have some value to another team.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 07:33 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

We are ranked #9 in the organizational rankings. Somehow, the Habs are #2. Still trying to figure that one out.

Old
05-31-2009, 07:49 PM
mm6492

Quote:
We are ranked #9 in the organizational rankings. Somehow, the Habs are #2. Still trying to figure that one out.
where is thsi at. Link please???? (I beleive you, just want to look at it)

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
where is thsi at. Link please???? (I beleive you, just want to look at it)
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...l_rankings110/

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 08:06 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Mac View Post
i know it's out of the blue, but as much as i like what bourdon does, i'm more excited to see what marshall can do...
too am very anxious to see Marshall in the AHL next season. He'll need a year or 2 in the minors but he should be a solid2nd pairing dman for years to come. I REALLY REALLY like this kid and I can't wait to see him up on the big club (well, I CAN wait as I believe it's best for his developement but man am I happy about our defensive depth right now.

With young guys like Parent, Coburn and Carle already on our top 4 and guys like Sbisa, Marshall and Bourdon as prospects as players we have developing for the future, man am I stoked about our defense.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote