HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Heatley to LA Kings

Old
05-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
I think only one person was choosing Frolov over Heatley. I agree to an extent. Not many players have great puck possesion and are good down low like Frolov is. But, he has yet to hit numbers like Heatley.

I think only people on this thread that are not giving the guy much props are Sen fans. Somebody mentioned the team needing a top Dman. So, someone else mentioned Jack Johnson and I don't think it's far fetch but ofcourse more would be coming from the Kings side besides a goaltender. Nobody said straight Heatley for the 5th pick and if they did, that's a bit sad.

Kings need LW's. Heatley would do great but that means on of our great players could be going back and that would be Frolov. I think there is other ways to go about things then just giving Fro up. But, if you want a guy back that can top 30 goals he would be your guy. But it seems the Sens need more deffense.
We wouldn't need Frolov back. I think I've got a good idea of who's untouchable on the Kings roster. Kopitar, Doughty and Brown. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe a deal like:

To Ottawa

5th overall
Moller
JJ

To LA

Heatley

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 05:24 PM
JT8888

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Senator View Post
We wouldn't need Frolov back. I think I've got a good idea of who's untouchable on the Kings roster. Kopitar, Doughty and Brown. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe a deal like:

To Ottawa

5th overall
Moller
JJ

To LA

Heatley
As a kings fan i think i could live with that

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Jwm1986

I think working a deal around the 5th is a great start, but something must go the other way (with some salary)

Maybe something like this:

5th overall
Jack johnson
Jarett stoll
teddy purcell

For
Heatley
mid level prospect or 2nd rounder
salary dump

this way ottawa will get a top 5 player to possibly replace heatley , gets a top pairing d-man, a great #2 center with playoff experience who kills on faceoffs, and a good prospect who can make something of himself

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 06:40 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
i will keep saying this all the time Heatley's in a trade proposal...HES NOT LEAVING OTTAWA!! Unless we get a crazy sniper back to Ottawa with the name of Ovechkin

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 06:43 PM
SammyTheBull

vCash: 984
Quote:

To Ottawa

5th overall
Moller
JJ

To LA

Heatley
I wouldn't trade Heatley but that's a pretty good deal.

SammyTheBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 06:44 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatley15 View Post
i will keep saying this all the time Heatley's in a trade proposal...HES NOT LEAVING OTTAWA!! Unless we get a crazy sniper back to Ottawa with the name of Ovechkin
If i was the Ott GM i would have the same feelings, he is what you want to keep, not what you want to use to "shake things up". I think same thing goes for Spezza, Ott would be crazy to let either of them go.

But s a kings fan if you guess want Heatley gone we will take him

Old
05-30-2009, 06:52 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Scored 50 goals both years after the lockout, had 41 in 71 games the next year (that's a pace of 47), and his 39 last year is considered a down year because of how frequently he scores goals. Yeah, he's a 45-50 goal scorer, and he's what, 28?.
Pace or not, the fact is he scored 41 and not 47. I think scoring has gone down every year since the lockout, the first year being really high, so those 50's are somewhat inflated. But really, inflated or not, recent years are obviosly better for projections rather then further back years. And recent seasons say he's scored 41 and 39. He's 28 which means he's near the end of his prime (generally forwards prime's are around 25-29) so while he def still has a chance at 50 again, there's an even greater chance that he doesn't. So like I said, 40 is his new 50.

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 06:57 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlBum View Post
Pace or not, the fact is he scored 41 and not 47. I think scoring has gone down every year since the lockout, the first year being really high, so those 50's are somewhat inflated. But really, inflated or not, recent years are obviosly better for projections rather then further back years. And recent seasons say he's scored 41 and 39. He's 28 which means he's near the end of his prime (generally forwards prime's are around 25-29) so while he def still has a chance at 50 again, there's an even greater chance that he doesn't. So like I said, 40 is his new 50.
HUH?

Dude scoring 39 goals is pretty freakin good, I dont remember the last time the kings had a 40g scorer. Be a kings fan for a year or two and you will like heatley

Old
05-30-2009, 06:58 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:

To Ottawa

5th overall
Moller
JJ

To LA

Heatley
I've got a good one..

To OTT:
Stoll
Hickey (puck moving defenseman that you guys lack)
Moller
5th overall

To LA:
Heatley
O'Brien

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 06:59 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I've got a good one..

To OTT:
Stoll
Hickey (puck moving defenseman that you guys lack)
Moller
5th overall

To LA:
Heatley
O'Brien
we have puck movers, we need a top pairing guy, and Hickey to me isnt that guy

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 08:27 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888 View Post
HUH?

Dude scoring 39 goals is pretty freakin good, I dont remember the last time the kings had a 40g scorer. Be a kings fan for a year or two and you will like heatley
I do like Heatley. And I know 40 goals is freaking spectacular. I'm not disputing any of that. The guy I was responding to said "We arent trying to get more forwards, since Heatley could just pot in 50 goals". And I was just saying how 40 goals to Heatley right now is what 50 was 2 seasons ago.

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Sniper7

Send a message via Yahoo to Sniper7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
isnt that nice, and i would take Heater over Frolov, especially since Frolov is getting the cash after next season.....
Fro will sign an extension for a hometown discount this summer. He more then should his dedication to the Kings over last summer by staying in LA, working out at Toyota Center & he elevated his game this season while playing through an injury the last month & a half of the season. He only took time off for the injury after the Kings fell out of contention to make the play offs.

Sniper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 10:14 PM
IslesDude

LA fans overvaluing their assets. What a surprise.

IslesDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesDude View Post
LA fans overvaluing their assets. What a surprise
Exactly it's no surprise. So, why say something? Move along now.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesDude View Post
LA fans overvaluing their assets. What a surprise.
There may be a few Kings fans that over value the Kings' players (no different than the fans of any other team). However, the vast majority of the Kings fans on this site have their feet firmly planted on the ground.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 10:53 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
i'm not up for trading heatley at this point unless it is for one of those 'untouchables'. Trading heatley for the 5th and a package of good prospects (eg moller, JJ), while it may end up being a fair deal in the long run, would set Ottawa back in the short run, something that the fans and ownership of this team will simply not accept considering our playoff history. The only way i accept a trade of heatley is if it a) doesnt set us back in the short run or b) is obviously a huge win for us in the long run.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:30 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlBum View Post
Pace or not, the fact is he scored 41 and not 47.
You seem to have missed that 71 game part, so that's why pace was used. 41 goals in 71 games is the same as 47 in 82, so you can say he score 41, but that wouldn't have been the case if he played all the game. Everyone in Ottawa had down years offensively because Hartsburg's system was awful. I'm guessing Heatley will be back around 45 goals next year.

Only Ovechkin and Kovalchuk have scored more goals since the lockout.

Heatley's game isn't built around speed or power, it's about him getting into empty spaces and burying his chances, which is why he likely won't see much of a decline in his goal scoring in the near future, despite what your idea is of when a forwards prime ends.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 04:14 AM
Sniper7

Send a message via Yahoo to Sniper7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
I think working a deal around the 5th is a great start, but something must go the other way (with some salary)

Maybe something like this:

5th overall
Jack johnson
Jarett stoll
teddy purcell

For
Heatley
mid level prospect or 2nd rounder
salary dump

this way Ottawa will get a top 5 player to possibly replace heatley , gets a top pairing d-man, a great #2 center with playoff experience who kills on faceoffs, and a good prospect who can make something of himself
Heatley is enough of a salary dump(not skill wise, it's a salary cap era) the Kings wouldn't have to take on anymore. If anything Ottawa would have to take some back on because the Kings can go after Gaborik or Hossa on the FA market without giving up anything & most likely not taking on a heavy contract do to the economy crisis.

Sniper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 07:03 AM
kyle747

I haven't read anything here that would explain to me why we would want to trade one of the best goal scorers in this league for a bag of nothing.

A pick a prospect and a dissatisfied 'D' ? Wow, lets see where Heatley's value is after this season.

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 07:35 AM
Stassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Can 2 View Post
Heatley doesnt have much value right now, 7.5M for 39 goals is bad.

Ottawa would be lucky to get the 5th for him. I dont even know if Kings fan would do something like Boyle + Preissing + pick for Heater.

Umm just wondering .. did you see the stats of every other player on the Sens organization last year.. considering.. 39 is very very good.. in an all out defensive system for three quarters of the year.. He's a 50 goal scorer and will be again.. it's just the way it is..

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 08:00 AM
chef283

I don't think Moller will go anywhere. If anyone, I think Frolov would be a part of this as well as Johnson. Doesn't Ottawa have two first round picks also? So swap the number 5 with the latter of Ottawa's picks and I think LA and Ottawa would pull this off.

chef283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:21 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

The kings need to add players without giving up solid roster playes. IF they make a deal I expect JJ(RFA) and prospects/picks to go the other way.

Something tells me DL will be very reluctant to part with the #5. Schenn screams DL kind of pick.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:25 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef283 View Post
I don't think Moller will go anywhere. If anyone, I think Frolov would be a part of this as well as Johnson. Doesn't Ottawa have two first round picks also? So swap the number 5 with the latter of Ottawa's picks and I think LA and Ottawa would pull this off.
I think ottawa gave that pick to the islanders in the mike comrie/ chris campoli deal... If they still had the pick, I think these two deals would have a pretty even deal on the table..

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
The kings need to add players without giving up solid roster playes. IF they make a deal I expect JJ(RFA) and prospects/picks to go the other way.

Something tells me DL will be very reluctant to part with the #5. Schenn screams DL kind of pick.
If Lombardi was reluctant to trade the pick do you think the draft party would have been cancelled?

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 09:28 PM
HSF

so

To LA

Heatley

To Ottawa

Moller
JJ
5th overall