HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 1 Post Game Thoughts

Old
05-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
I really like Abdelkader, good player. You guys just keep finding them lol.
I guess the Wings must've missed that memo somewhere that said collegiate players can't be a contributor in an NHL playoff game. Thank God.

It was great seeing him score his first goal and giving a shout out to State during the press conference. I loved watching him at State and am so glad to see him playing with the Wings in the SCF. Way to go, Abs!

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 02:38 PM
Metamucil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Wow. Just wow. There are some Detroit fans who just are never satisfied. Even when they get great officiating, even when they win, they find a way to blame the officials for giving them the big "FU."

you mean like your OP? if the wings don't step it up they'll be out of the series. they were 'lucky' to win this. Re-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-aly?

the faceoff margin was 2:1 with Draper and Dats out, our 14th forward is already in the baby's mind and their fans are *****ing about the boards. We let our 3rd and 4th line guys have a lot of shifts after taking a 2 goal lead, Ozzy is still playing great.

did you miss when a Pens player charged holmstrom from about 5 feet away and gave him a completely unneccasary elbow to the head? I'm not *****ing about the refs, they were better than during the Ana series thats for sure but to say they were great is rediculous.

Metamucil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 02:39 PM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Zetterberg is pure gold in the playoffs. I've always said Zetterberg is the most important defensive forward on the Wings. Sure Datsyuk is awesome but to me, Zetterberg always takes the heavier burden.

Either way I dont care but if Zetterberg keeps on playing like this I see another Conn Smythe going his way.

vippe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 02:51 PM
foolinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
Zetterberg is pure gold in the playoffs. I've always said Zetterberg is the most important defensive forward on the Wings. Sure Datsyuk is awesome but to me, Zetterberg always takes the heavier burden.

Either way I dont care but if Zetterberg keeps on playing like this I see another Conn Smythe going his way.
I'd be content with Zetterberg getting that award (especially since it means the Wings won the Cup), but I think Osgood deserves it more.

foolinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 03:13 PM
12YearExtension

I thought the Wings played some amazing defensive hockey in the third period, some of the best I've ever seen.

I was wondering where the heck the first two lines were though, but if we get our stars more rest it's great.

All these "analysts" are talking about is how banged up the Wings are, when they aren't that banged up.

12YearExtension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 03:35 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
I thought the Wings played some amazing defensive hockey in the third period, some of the best I've ever seen.

I was wondering where the heck the first two lines were though, but if we get our stars more rest it's great.

All these "analysts" are talking about is how banged up the Wings are, when they aren't that banged up.
They're playing through the pain. I don't know about Lidstrom, but Big E. just had surgery wednesday.

Datsyuk, Draper, Liljia, and Kopecky are out. I think that qualifies as being banged up

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 04:46 PM
bullocks

I thought the game was pretty even IMO. In the 1st we were the better team. The Pens looked great in the 2nd but i think that had more to do with the penalties we took and we lost momentum and flow.

In the 3rd we got that 2 goal lead and just sat back. I agree if the Wings dont dominate someone, it doesnt mean we dont deserve to win. Game was pretty even IMO.

bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 04:48 PM
bullocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500x View Post
They're playing through the pain. I don't know about Lidstrom, but Big E. just had surgery wednesday.

Datsyuk, Draper, Liljia, and Kopecky are out. I think that qualifies as being banged up
Yeah, hopefully we get the first two back soon. Datsyuk is important and Draper is a fresh body.

Losing Kopecky didn't hurt that much tho.

bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Deek

Great game. I love it when the officials let the teams play. Super! They didn' call the soft stuff and I thought they were equally lenient to both teams.

The Red Wings were able to win because the bounces when their way. That's the way it goes. The Red Wings had too many turnovers in their own end that game Pittsuburgh most of their quality scoring chances.

Ozzie was the game mvp, and may be the Wings playoffs mvp.

Crosby has grown up a lot in the last year. What a great player, and he's still just a kid. He's much better in his interviews, too. Thanks be to Zetterberg for keeping him off the scoreboard.

Helm is one hell of a hockey player.

Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 05:59 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

As good as Zetterberg was I'm not sure he will be able to keep Crosby down again tonight. This Wings fan enjoyed the results of Game 1.

ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:02 PM
Deek

Quote:
Originally Posted by WpgMikos View Post
As good as Zetterberg was I'm not sure he will be able to keep Crosby down again tonight. This Wings fan enjoyed the results of Game 1.
That Wings fan needs a new sign. Crosby has matured not a little since last year.

Old
05-31-2009, 06:48 PM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
That Wings fan needs a new sign. Crosby has matured not a little since last year.
Last year it took until game 4 for him to lose his cool after the final horn.

norrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 07:00 PM
Deek

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
Last year it took until game 4 for him to lose his cool after the final horn.
Crosby was crying in last seasons conference finals. I think giving coach cry baby Therion the boot has helped a lot.

Old
05-31-2009, 10:23 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Tonight it was Zetterberg and the post that held Crosby at bay.

ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote