HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Proposal:Trade Saku,Theo,Souray,Komi+prosp.

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2004, 10:19 PM
Brisson11

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
Don't like it , don't read it .
Whatever.

Old
09-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
For those of you who still havent caught on, well i dont think theres any hope, you probably never will..........

Old
09-28-2004, 10:25 PM
oli500

Quote:
Don't like it , don't read it .
First of all when you put youre post title as a trade proposal involving Koivu you know everyone on this board is going to read it. I know youre trying to have a litle fun because between me and you life without hockey is boring but You have 709 post so I am assuming you've been here long enough to know what kind of post are apropriate for this board and what kind of post piss people off. For chris sake if you know youre going to pissoff alot of people just dont post it. If youre looking to pass the time and have nothing interesting to post about the habs I sugest you to go to the lounge were you can post almost anything you want that are in the limits of course.

Old
09-28-2004, 10:29 PM
ShootOut

Send a message via ICQ to ShootOut Send a message via MSN to ShootOut
A well-deserved beer jug for tritone.

------------------
May I remind you HF unofficial guidelines, fellas. Any attempt to congratulate a fellow poster on his or her choice of avatar must obligatorily be accompanied by a short sentence specifying that the said avatar, although beautiful, can simply not be compared to wolf Fenrir's genuine greatness.

Old
09-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
LOL.....too funny, for those of you who actually READ the thread and had your sarcasmetre's turned on...thanks for the laughs....for those of you who are still confused and angry with my proposal , what can I say .

Just too easy.
after the "Ribeiro = Gretzky god like performances, 70 pts season" my sarcasm meter blew up. :lol

Old
09-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Personally I think that any player is fair game for a hypothetical trade. I mean, yes Koivu is a hero in Montreal and having him leave would seriously hurt a lot of fans...but those same cicumstances didn't stop Gretzky for being traded or many other beloved players over the years.

We all take hockey seriously here, but you can't let someone's post get to you like that. Yes ok, we all know that a trade involving Koivu would be unlikely and that the great majority would hate it. But speaking on a purely theoretical level everything should be fair game.

Old
09-29-2004, 12:20 AM
ShootOut

Send a message via ICQ to ShootOut Send a message via MSN to ShootOut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester
We all take hockey seriously here, [...]
I don't. No one should. It's a sport.

Old
09-29-2004, 01:28 AM
ifesfor*

I must agree tho that if it was sarcasm, your comparaison Ribeiro=Gretzky made me laugh soo hard lol. :lol

Oh well i still think you were serious.You sound like those poster on the website RDS.CA who make stupid trade every time hehe.

BUT if you were really nto serious i must say you have an excellent sence of humor

Old
09-29-2004, 05:54 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Hey thanks aphotic. Yours has always been one of my faves too as it sums up my life these days! But ya, mine's from the movie The Sweater based on Roch Carrier's story of the same name (or maybe the Hockey Sweater?).

http://cmm.onf.ca/E/titleinfo/index....=onf&type=tout
Yea, I remember reading that story when I was younger. One of the all time best. If I ever have kids, that will have be one of the first books i purchase for them. If you're going to raise them, might as well do it right .
MY avatar is from my drama project last year. We had to capture a bunhc of different emtions and use the pictures in some creative way. So I used that picture of myself with the doll to represent lovestruck. I then used that, along with the rest of the pictures I took to make a bunch of greeting cards. I got 100 on the project, so the teacher must've liked the pic as well.

Old
09-29-2004, 06:02 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifesfor
I must agree tho that if it was sarcasm, your comparaison Ribeiro=Gretzky made me laugh soo hard lol. :lol

Oh well i still think you were serious.You sound like those poster on the website RDS.CA who make stupid trade every time hehe.

BUT if you were really nto serious i must say you have an excellent sence of humor
Read the last paragraph of the original post...

Old
09-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootOut
A sport doesn't have to be just a sport. For many habs fans its a way of life As long as you don't worship players(other than hab players of course, worship them all you want!) too too much.

Old
09-29-2004, 06:08 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Looks like many people had their sarcasm detectors off. Obviously this was a joke, which I found funny, but then wished it happened!

Last edited by Vic Rattlehead*: 10-01-2004 at 06:12 PM.
Old
09-29-2004, 09:58 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
First of all when you put youre post title as a trade proposal involving Koivu you know everyone on this board is going to read it. I know youre trying to have a litle fun because between me and you life without hockey is boring but You have 709 post so I am assuming you've been here long enough to know what kind of post are apropriate for this board and what kind of post piss people off. For chris sake if you know youre going to pissoff alot of people just dont post it. If youre looking to pass the time and have nothing interesting to post about the habs I sugest you to go to the lounge were you can post almost anything you want that are in the limits of course.
See, the whole problem is I know everyone WON'T read ( at least not the whole thing ) I can't be responsable for people who are going to get all hissy pissy for misunderstanding a clearly sarcastic trade proposal. I even wrote that it was a joke in the thread but still people freak out....so let me ask you something...if I wanted to start a thread just for laughs and totally not serious...what the hell more do I have to do ? I mean I figure writing "this is a joke" in the initial thread would be enough ,but obviously not.

Old
09-29-2004, 10:01 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
Looks like many people had their sarcasm detectors off. Obviously this was a joke, which I founf funny, but then wished it happened!

LOL.... should I start a trade proposal thread on the Bruins board with something like Raycroft , Thornton, Gonchar and Green for Domi ?

Old
09-30-2004, 11:22 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootOut
Well considering that you've done over 3000 posts then its definitely something more than just a sport to you. Unless you post this much on the curling or baskettball boards. What I mean by taking it seriously is that well all spend time watching, learning, talking arguing about it. THAT is what makes it important. If you have an opinion about something then it is important to you, and the more important it is the more spirited your argument.

Old
10-01-2004, 09:05 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
LOL.... should I start a trade proposal thread on the Bruins board with something like Raycroft , Thornton, Gonchar and Green for Domi ?
Oh PLEASE do it!!!

Old
10-01-2004, 10:49 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Please step away from whatever it is you smoked before coming up with this thread.

Old
10-01-2004, 12:03 PM
CH74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Sorry, but as a long time poster, i warn of using Saku in any trade.....
Long time? It haven't even been a year!

Old
10-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
I say we throw Markov into the mix to Calgary to bring Oliwa over. Then we get Traverse back from Dallas and our blueline is set!

Oliwa isn't a Flame anymore, though

Old
10-01-2004, 06:13 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Can't trade Green, he's a UFA

I think that isn't enough to get Domi by the way (For those without the gift of sarcasm, this was a joke)

Maybe you should do one on the leafs board....

Old
10-01-2004, 11:04 PM
ifesfor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
Read the last paragraph of the original post...

Ok i must say i was sooo shock by this trade proposal that,indeed i didnt read the last paragraph.

God, thanks for bringing back Dykhuis!

Old
10-03-2004, 02:18 AM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY
Please step away from whatever it is you smoked before coming up with this thread.
Wow sparky , I'm impressed! no no seriously

Old
10-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Habsfool

Ribeiro a superstar

Old
10-05-2004, 08:29 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfool