HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hanzal or Mueller?

Old
05-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Tra La La

vCash: 500
Hanzal or Mueller?

What is the trade value of The Coyotes Hanzal or Mueller?

(Even though with the franchise in limbo trades are unlikely)

Last edited by Tra La La: 05-30-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 09:29 PM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

Not a Coyotes fan, but I'm prepared to say that Hanzal is untouchable.

One of the most underrated defensive forwards in the NHL, also a big body with untapped scoring potential and comes at a cheap price (salary wise).

Sounds like exactly what Phoenix needs.

No idea on Mueller though.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
I would love Hanzal in Edmonton for the 3rd line, what would the yotes be interested in from us?

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 10:13 PM
indczn

Mueller might be tradable. Hanzal, not a chance, hes irreplaceable.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:52 AM
matt trick

Hanzal is one of the top 5 defensive centers in the league and he is 6'5. At a sub-1 million price, Phoenix would be retarded to let him go. If I could add one non-elite player to the Sharks it would be Martin Hanzal. Love the guy.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:16 AM
KesseltoLupul

Tomas Kaberle

for

Peter Mueller

KesseltoLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:20 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

does hanzal have any offensive upside or has he always been a defense guy? havent seen much of him

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:35 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

There have been similar threads started on both in just the last couple of days.

Here are my responses in those threads(may seem slightly out of context in some cases)...

...on Hanzal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Behind Shane Doan, he was our second most valuable forward, last season, just his second in the NHL. He's also already our best defensive forward. I believe that one day very soon he will be considered an elite shut-down center, as his two-way ability will become Selke caliber, a lot sooner than most expect. He has started to fill out, too, and clearly focused on developing a physical aspect to his game, last season, as well. At six foot five and over two hundred and twenty pounds(and gaining), he has the potential to be an absolute monster out there if he continues to work on finishing every check and hitting to hurt. Apart from that, he has shown flashes of great offensive talent, as well. He has very good vision and passing ability. He's shown great playmaking ability along the boards. He was drafted in the first round for his offensive potential. Potential he later showed off putting up a point and a half per game in his first and only season in the WHL. That side of his game hasn't quite translated to the NHL just yet, but I'm betting it does, sooner than later. In my opinion, Martin Hanzal has the potential to be every bit as valuable as any other player in the entire Phoenix Coyotes organization. On top of all of that, he's twenty two years old and still on his entry level contract.

In short, there is no effing way in h that Phoenix even considers trading him. It's just not going to happen. Obviously nobody is untouchable, but they don't get a whole lot closer than Martin Hanzal.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=646073

...on Mueller...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konk View Post
... I do not believe he will be what he was originally projected to become.
Quote:
Neither do I. I don't think he's going to be a first line, two-way, playmaking, power center. About the only part of that I see is the first line part. He's pretty soft, and pretty one-dimmensional. However, he has a sixth sense about getting into scoring position and he has a potentially elite shot. Those two things, together, will make him a valuable offenisve player for a long time. I expect he'll be a thirty goal scorer, with potential for even more. I don't expect, though, that he'll ever be seen as a particularly responsible, gritty, or unselfish player. I see him as a verypoor man's Brett Hull, or possibly a rich man's Joffrey Lupul. Perhaps a sluggish Milan Hejduk?

Actually, I think Hejduk's scouting report from the forecaster PERFECTLY describes Peter Mueller's game(but replace the "small, light frame" part with "passive nature", and the "nowadays" with "may always").
Quote:
ASSETS: Has excellent hands, as well as the instincts to find open ice. Knows how to make himself invisible in the offensive zone. Can unleash an ultra-quick shot at a moment's notice.
FLAWS: His small, light frame is a target for the opposition's most physical players. Nowadays, he struggles with defensive-zone coverage.
CAREER POTENTIAL: Sniping winger with elite hands.
I've also heard Miroslav Satan before, and I think that one is pretty good, as well. Michael Ryder may not be a terrible comparison, either. Those are the sorts of players I think he projects similarly to, at this stage in his career. Of course, he's not even old enough to drink, and things can change a lot. Perhaps he'll get a coach worth a damn and teach him to be a complete hockey player. Who knows?
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=646026

Anyway, let me just get this out of the way... PETER MUELLER IS NOT A CENTER. It seems that has to be explained, at length, every single damn time his name comes up in a thread. Look, I don't blame anyone for not paying any attention to the Coyotes, but it does get old, either way.

As for this thread, I just can't understand the point. Why in the world would a totally cash strapped team on the verge of total collapse trade away two extremely cheap, valuable, young players entering their third years? The third year, by the way, is generally when the cream rises to the top. Anyway, it's just ridiculous to think that Phoenix is looking to move players like this. These are the LAST guys they should be thinking about moving. All these threads just don't make any sense at all.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:40 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
Tomas Kaberle

for

Peter Mueller
Since about two months or so before the deadline, this has been proposed at least three dozen different times, and unanimously shot down in flames by every single Phoenix Coyotes fan that bothered to reply. This is the prime example of the typical bad hf proposal that takes only one team's needs into consideration while COMPLETELY ignoring any sort of motivation behind why the other team would even consider it.

Old
05-31-2009, 09:54 AM
Duponttime*

With Maloney in Phoenix, if Mueller is on the block I would think there is a strong chance the Rangers make a run at him.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Jray42

vCash: 91
mueller>hanzal from what ive heard

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Jakeman

Neither of Mueller or Hanzal will be traded unless it's for a deal that the coyotes can't resist. These two players are young and hard to come by and still have yet to play at their best.

Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:12 AM
Duponttime*

What I've seen of Mueller as a player I loved. Perhaps if the Yotes put some real vet talent around him he would be doing better.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:35 AM
kmillzy5

Jordan Staal for Mueller?

Pitt 1st and goligoski for Mueller?

kmillzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Norm MacDonald

It would be a mistake to trade Mueller now. He just had the typical sophomore slump.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 02:33 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno12 View Post
Jordan Staal for Mueller?
I would probably go for this if Phoenix could afford Staal. We can't.

The Goligoski trade isn't enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youarentobjective View Post
With Maloney in Phoenix, if Mueller is on the block I would think there is a strong chance the Rangers make a run at him.
The thing of it is, WHY would he be on the block? He's exactly the type of player Phoenix needs to hold onto. His cap hit is much higher than his actual salary(a good thing for a team that needs to spend as little real money as possible, but still has a salary cap FLOOR to reach), he's young, and I would guess than he's probably going to score 20-25 goals, next season. The poorest team in the league that also happens to have the league's worst offense, is going to trade away a dirt cheap goal scorer? It's just ridiculous. Plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
mueller>hanzal from what ive heard
Mueller is better at scoring goals. Hanzal is better at every single other aspect of the game of hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youarentobjective View Post
What I've seen of Mueller as a player I loved. Perhaps if the Yotes put some real vet talent around him he would be doing better.
A playmaking center, and a new coaching staff could really turn his career around. Hopefully Wayne, and Ulf get canned, we draft Brayden Schenn, and trade for a guy like Stajan or re-sign Reinprecht to a one year deal. To me, Schenn seems like the absolutely ideal linemate for Mueller. He can do all the little things that Mueller doesn't, as well as get the puck to him. Perfect. Perhaps we throw a strong veteren winger like Shane Doan on the line as insurance, and damn, that could turn out to be the most potent line we've seen in Phoenix since the Tkachuk and Roenick days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOrange View Post
It would be a mistake to trade Mueller now. He just had the typical sophomore slump.
Exactly. Which is why it's not going to happen. Not unless it's for an equally skilled, equally young player, with the same upside. How often do those types of trades actually go down?

Last edited by rt: 05-31-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old
05-31-2009, 10:05 PM
kmillzy5

Quote:
I would probably go for this if Phoenix could afford Staal. We can't.
Staal makes 4 mil. . what does Mueller make?

kmillzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:18 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Mueller has one more year on his ELC. He is not going anywhere. The Coyotes are banking on him to be their go to goal scorer in the future. He had a rough year but that is no reason to give up on him. He can be a big time goal scorer and i think he will bounce back next season.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:46 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Somewhere between 850k and 1.7m, depending on bonuses.

Old
06-01-2009, 01:38 AM
Coyote_Fan

I think the only way Mueller would get traded is if it was to move up to get Tavarres, Hedberg or to get a proven goal scorer. He's wont be traded down for picks or prospects, only up for more talent.

Hanzal is nigh untouchable.

Coyote_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote