HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Possibility with Pitt

Old
05-31-2009, 10:45 PM
mysteryman

vCash: 500
Trade Possibility with Pitt

I dont normally buy into the whole proposal discussion but Throwing this out there based on the assumption the Pens lose to the Wings for the Cup....

JJ for Stall straight up

Stall is a victim of numbers behind Crosby and Malkin and I may be wrong but will Pitt be able to sign him? Not sure of what their cap looks like. Stall moves into the Kings top 6 and provides some scoring.

JJ goes to play with Crosby who is well familiar with JJ based on their Shattuck St Mary days and provides some D upside with snarl.

Sure on the upside it looks like the Kings should probably have to throw in some type of pick but for both teams its a no nonsense deal that actually helps both teams move assets from position of strength.

Thoughts?

mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:51 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 152
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
This has been proposed a countless number of times - there is a thread on this very trade in the trade and rumor board right now... The general consensus is that you need to add quit a bit more than Jack Johnson. I think there are better deals for us at the moment.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Shellz

I would rather keep Jack Johnson.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:06 PM
mysteryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
This has been proposed a countless number of times - there is a thread on this very trade in the trade and rumor board right now... The general consensus is that you need to add quit a bit more than Jack Johnson. I think there are better deals for us at the moment.
My Bad as I dont have time to sift through a lot of those proposals.
MY 2 cents-on the outset I would agree the Kings would need to add some more-but how much more? Seems to be a solid trade for both teams and there is obviously not enough room in Pitt for Malkin and Crosby and Stall. Add in the fact different conferences make for good trade partners I see it as a sensible deal. I do not think the Kings would need to sell the farm though.

mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:08 PM
VictoryRose

His 29% run on the dot tonight should have you question this line of thinking.

JJ is worth more in a package deal for a better player.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 12:29 AM
no name

I too would rather keep Jack.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 12:49 AM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
I'm not even a fan of Jack but I'd rather keep him. Not sure why everyone is so fascinated with Staal. We already have two high priced centers that don't score 50 points.

The VEGASKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 01:53 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Yeah no thanks.

I'm sure he has hidden offensive potential, but nothing explosive, and he's well on his way to being a career shut down center. Though he is a kid, so who really knows.

If we hadn't traded for Stoll and I would be all over it, but I don't see Staal as that much of an upgrade over Stoll if Handzus is around.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 10:09 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Yeah no thanks.

I'm sure he has hidden offensive potential, but nothing explosive, and he's well on his way to being a career shut down center. Though he is a kid, so who really knows.

If we hadn't traded for Stoll and I would be all over it, but I don't see Staal as that much of an upgrade over Stoll if Handzus is around.
agreed 110%

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 11:28 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
agreed 110%

and yet you honestly believe that Valtteri Filppula can center the 2nd line?

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 11:51 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
and yet you honestly believe that Valtteri Filppula can center the 2nd line?
Valtteri will be the Wings number one center in years to come.. He's not putting up points because he's on the third line for Detroit, but now that Datsyuk is injured, he's scoring and playing well.. He might only have 2 goals in the playoffs, but he has 13 assists.. This kid is going to be something else, mark my words.. He has lots of playoff experience and will only get better.. He's the 2nd line center right now for Detroit, playing with Hossa and Holmstrom.. Once we sign Hossa, our top 6 will be ridiculous man

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 12:24 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Valtteri will be the Wings number one center in years to come.. He's not putting up points because he's on the third line for Detroit, but now that Datsyuk is injured, he's scoring and playing well.. He might only have 2 goals in the playoffs, but he has 13 assists.. This kid is going to be something else, mark my words.. He has lots of playoff experience and will only get better.. He's the 2nd line center right now for Detroit, playing with Hossa and Holmstrom.. Once we sign Hossa, our top 6 will be ridiculous man
and Jordan Staal has now played in consecutive Stanley Cup Finals before the age of 21... on the third line playing with Adams and who, Kennedy?

i like Filppula mind you, but i don't think what with the top center positions in Detroit solidified for the next 3-5 years at least, he ain't exactly going to fall into a #1 role as he nears 30-years old, and even though they are the same age (i think), i could see someone like Leino leapfrogging Valtteri at some point and taking over (maybe) the #2 role.

in the end, i think it's highly unfair and rather leftfield to identify the certain bright future of one player and not the other, who happens to be 4 1/2 years younger and who plays on a team whose strongest depth is really only up the middle.

Last edited by wabwat: 06-01-2009 at 12:31 PM.
wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote