HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cam Barker

Old
06-01-2009, 02:34 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
I would like to package steeger with campbell if possible to get us out of cap hell(sorta)
sorry, but I don't think anyone is touching Campbell's contract right now... especially not with the expected cap drop coming up. He's been vastly overpaid in his deal, and there just aren't any teams out there that have the cap space, and the team budget to be paying a very good 2nd pairing dman that kind of money.

I think, like Huet, the Hawks are just stuck with that contract.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Flapjack*

Iam under the assumption that most Hawk fans have been listening to John McEgo too long, and belive in his propaganda machine that most Hawk player will take some sort of "hometown" discount because McEgo says "we have somethintg special happenin".

Sadly, in the real world, this isnt the case.

There is no way Barker doesnt get 3.5, just like theres no way Versteeg doesnt sign the first decent offer his way. Trade them? they have no value considering nobody knows what their contract will be, let alone the cap hit, its too risky.

As I have said all along, Fail Tallond failure is now in full effect, with the horrid signings he made last year, if any team offered either player huge money, the Hawks would have to match, or cripple the team on account of the crap contracts they gave out last year, they are that financially strapped, not counting the big contracts they HAVE to address next year.

Havlat- gone
Khabby- gone
Barker- gone
One of the big three- gone

I was right all along, but then again, Iam not blinded by McEgo's hyperbole.

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 03:59 PM
crazyforhockey

It sucks but the reality is that pieces will be gone this comimg year.

Khabby gone.Either Havlat or Barker(barker probaly has more trade value)Then you can hopefully sign everyone un less they are looking for bigger money(more than 3.5mil)

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 05:19 PM
massivegoonery

Havlat's coming back, he said so on Twitter.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Havlat's coming back, he said so on Twitter.
is it what i posted on the chicago boards the other day or new stuff

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 06:30 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
Iam under the assumption that most Hawk fans have been listening to John McEgo too long, and belive in his propaganda machine that most Hawk player will take some sort of "hometown" discount because McEgo says "we have somethintg special happenin".

Sadly, in the real world, this isnt the case.

There is no way Barker doesnt get 3.5, just like theres no way Versteeg doesnt sign the first decent offer his way. Trade them? they have no value considering nobody knows what their contract will be, let alone the cap hit, its too risky.

As I have said all along, Fail Tallond failure is now in full effect, with the horrid signings he made last year, if any team offered either player huge money, the Hawks would have to match, or cripple the team on account of the crap contracts they gave out last year, they are that financially strapped, not counting the big contracts they HAVE to address next year.

Havlat- gone
Khabby- gone
Barker- gone
One of the big three- gone

I was right all along, but then again, Iam not blinded by McEgo's hyperbole.
I don't think that Barker goes anywhere... I could be wrong, but from what I can see, he's one of 2 guys I think they will retain.

I think Versteeg is going to be the cap casualty this offseason.... they have only 3 big RFAs to worry about - Barker, Bolland and Versteeg, and the first two, IMO, are just more important to the team.

the rest of their RFAs aren't likely to get offer sheets, and they shouldn't take much to lock up as they are depth guys that played 4th line roles for their team.

The Hawks do have more depth on the wings though within their organization, and will be easier for them to replace Versteeg... they don't have nearly as much depth on defense or down the middle - and I think both Bolland and Barker will be priorities for them to sign.

Khabibulin, we all knew he'd be gone after Huet signed (and goaltending does become their biggest need moving forward)... also by the sounds of it, Havlat will likely be returning - and could make sense - he's at an age where you can offer him a longterm deal, past the end of his career, to lower the cap hit.

The Hawks do however have a lot of prospect depth on the wings, and should be fine without Versteeg.... the following season, they should still have the room to lock up Toews and Kane - but may lose Ladd in the process... but again, with guys like Beach, Aliu, Sweatt, Makarov and Skille coming up through the pipeline, they should have enough depth to recover from a couple of cap casualties on the wing over the next couple years.

Old
06-01-2009, 06:47 PM
flappuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Mike Komisarek is not worth 5 million dollars a year. Brooks Orpik just signed last year for 3.75...when the cap was rising...and his team just came off a Stanley Cup Final appearance.

What you have to realize, HFBoards overvalues contracts by 1-2 million dollars usually. People said Hossa would get 9-10 million.
We'll talk about it again come July 1st.

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 08:22 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
I think Versteeg is going to be the cap casualty this offseason.... they have only 3 big RFAs to worry about - Barker, Bolland and Versteeg, and the first two, IMO, are just more important to the team.
This. This is turning into a big Hawk's RFA discussion. It seems the general consensus that Barker will receive a contract something in the range of 2-3.5 million. Fair assumption?

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 09:48 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
This. This is turning into a big Hawk's RFA discussion. It seems the general consensus that Barker will receive a contract something in the range of 2-3.5 million. Fair assumption?
I think he'll get locked up by the Hawks before July 1st for between $3-3.5mill/yr.... I don't think the Hawks wait till FA begins by playing hardball for a few less $$... that's a fair price for him considering the contracts that have been given out for young RFA dmen.

I think if he's not signed by July 1st, he can receive an offer in the $4mill range.

whatever happens though, I don't think he'll be making any less than $3mill/yr on his next contract.