HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton makes cuts

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2004, 01:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Hamilton makes cuts

Sent down to the ECHL are Marco Rosa, Gary Zinck and Christian Larivee. Cut from training camp, is Jolette and Normadine.

http://www.canoe.ca/Bulldogs/News/20...05/656877.html

Dogs play tomorrow night against Rochester.

Old
10-05-2004, 01:22 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Sent down to the ECHL are Marco Rosa, Gary Zinck and Christian Larivee. Cut from training camp, is Jolette and Normadine.

http://www.canoe.ca/Bulldogs/News/20...05/656877.html

Dogs play tomorrow night against Rochester.
Is there more cuts coming soon?

Old
10-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
Im sure there will be as they had quite a few sitting out last game.....I may be wrong though??

Old
10-05-2004, 01:32 PM
F. Duchemin

Send a message via MSN to F. Duchemin
Where can i see if bulldogs play on tv or not? Right now you guys are my only ressources.

Old
10-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Duchemin
Where can i see if bulldogs play on tv or not? Right now you guys are my only ressources.
Sportsnet is going to be showing some more games this season, but they havent released a schedule yet.

Old
10-05-2004, 01:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c

Yes. The season starts next weekend, so a few players have to go. I don't think they will carry 3 goalies, although that's just a guess. I would assume Michuad gets sent down.

On defense, there's Komisarek who is not in camp yet, as he is getting a 2nd opinion on his hip injury. Also Hainsey has not signed yet, although he's expected to join the team this weekend. Add Daley Cote and Plante thats 5 D, leaving, Archer, Shasby, Sanford, Martin and Jancevski. That's 10 d, with 2 staying on till Komo/Hainsey are ready to play. Shasby I would think will be in the ECHL. One of Sanford/Martin I would think will be signed, either as a 7th D or to the ECHL imo. Jancevski is a big stay at home D with AHL experience, I expect he'll be picked up, as he's an RFA from Dallas but I would think Hamilton will sign him, just a guess.

Forwards we have Higgins, Pleks, Kostitsyn, Ott, Dusablon, Morgan, Miettinen (who might be injured, shoulder), Milroy, Ferland, Ivanans. That's 10 guys right there. Locke, Lambert, Urquhart, Thinel are left. I could see all them sticking with the team, or maybe one of them getting sent down. I would have said it would be between Thinel and Urquhart but Thinel seems to be playing well and Urquhart has a lot of offensive skill that the Dogs could use, although he might be better off getting a ton of ice time in the ECHL for a year. Guess we'll see what happens.

Old
10-05-2004, 02:07 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Yes. The season starts next weekend, so a few players have to go. I don't think they will carry 3 goalies, although that's just a guess. I would assume Michuad gets sent down.

On defense, there's Komisarek who is not in camp yet, as he is getting a 2nd opinion on his hip injury. Also Hainsey has not signed yet, although he's expected to join the team this weekend. Add Daley Cote and Plante thats 5 D, leaving, Archer, Shasby, Sanford, Martin and Jancevski. That's 10 d, with 2 staying on till Komo/Hainsey are ready to play. Shasby I would think will be in the ECHL. One of Sanford/Martin I would think will be signed, either as a 7th D or to the ECHL imo. Jancevski is a big stay at home D with AHL experience, I expect he'll be picked up, as he's an RFA from Dallas but I would think Hamilton will sign him, just a guess.

Forwards we have Higgins, Pleks, Kostitsyn, Ott, Dusablon, Morgan, Miettinen (who might be injured, shoulder), Milroy, Ferland, Ivanans. That's 10 guys right there. Locke, Lambert, Urquhart, Thinel are left. I could see all them sticking with the team, or maybe one of them getting sent down. I would have said it would be between Thinel and Urquhart but Thinel seems to be playing well and Urquhart has a lot of offensive skill that the Dogs could use, although he might be better off getting a ton of ice time in the ECHL for a year. Guess we'll see what happens.
I see all those forwards sticking with the team + Carpentier, that makes 15 forwards. I can't see them having more than 14 forwards, so 1 has to be sent down. My money is on Thinel...

Old
10-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

I want Hamilton to sign Sanford...he seem to be very good despite his small height.

Old
10-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Marchy79

Ouch. Larrivee is cut in the first wave?

I was hoping he was going to make it this year...

Old
10-05-2004, 10:16 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Dan, agree with your cuts.

A D with Komo, Hainsey, Daley, Jancevski, Archer, Cote and Plante is a pretty decent top seven group. Shasby and Sandford would be good depth in the ECHL.

Not super deep on forward if only one guy is being sent down, so let's hope for no serious injuries. By the end of the season and into the playoffs last year, the Dogs were playing with not even a full bench.

Only 10 days 'til the start of their season in Edmonton!!

Old
10-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Mike The Wall

I feel bad for Db23 that Kostitsyn was not sent down did he not predict that AK would be sent down

Closed Thread