HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Veteran D-Man to Tampa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-02-2009, 12:52 AM
  #1
Olson101
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Veteran D-Man to Tampa

If Hedman does and probably will drop to Tampa at #2 would Tampa try to maybe acquire a veteran defenceman for him to take Hedman under his ropes and teach him the NA game. I'm an Oilers fan so I'm not very familiar with Tampa's trading chips so fix this propasal to your liking and feel free to add your own. I feel like Jason Smith could really teach him a thing or two about work ethic and leadership and help him through the ups and downs because as I witnessed first hand when he was in Edmonton he is a leader and a warrior.

To Tampa:
Jason Smith

To Ottawa:
Jussi Jokinen
Riku Helenius

Tampa gives up Jokinen based on him coming up on being an RFA while Helenius seems to me has been passed by Kari Ramo and Dustin Tokarski as well as having Mike Smith locked up for another two years.

Tell me what you think.


Last edited by Olson101: 06-02-2009 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Mistake
Olson101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 12:55 AM
  #2
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,578
vCash: 500
Jokinen is now with the canes

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 12:57 AM
  #3
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,043
vCash: 500
They should just sign Mattias Ohlund. He would be a perfect mentor.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 01:00 AM
  #4
Olson101
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Jokinen is now with the canes
Oh sorry completely forgot about that...also Ohlund would be the perfect mentor as he is also Swedish but do the Bolts have enough cap space to meet his demands?

Olson101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 01:15 AM
  #5
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olson101 View Post
Oh sorry completely forgot about that...also Ohlund would be the perfect mentor as he is also Swedish but do the Bolts have enough cap space to meet his demands?
It depends on what happens with Lecavalier, I guess. He would be a great fit here in Tampa, but he will most likely not be coming here. If he's looking for the most money he can get, or a team that can get him a cup, than he will sign somewhere else.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 01:47 AM
  #6
Jwm1986
Registered User
 
Jwm1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
you can have tom preissing for practically nothing.. look at his stats from a few years ago with ottawa.. he was a top 4 guy there.

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 02:11 AM
  #7
Etienne
Registered User
 
Etienne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Hamrlik for a 7th round draft pick, ok?

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 02:45 AM
  #8
Olson101
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Or maybe they could grab a cheaper solution such as marek malik. He fits the bill as a veteran defensive defenceman who has been in the NHL for a decade and could let hedman create opportunities by rushing the puck

Olson101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 02:51 AM
  #9
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Maelmoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,610
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olson101 View Post
Or maybe they could grab a cheaper solution such as marek malik. He fits the bill as a veteran defensive defenceman who has been in the NHL for a decade and could let hedman create opportunities by rushing the puck
You are joking, aye?

You are aware where Malik did play? How he did play?

__________________
Todd Harvey, Adam Oates and Darren Puppa, you are all missed in the game of hockey!
Maelmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 07:15 AM
  #10
garmonbozia
Registered User
 
garmonbozia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
You are joking, aye?

You are aware where Malik did play? How he did play?

There is some quality humor on the fringes of comedic trolling going on in this thread.


Ohlund would be nice but as mentioned I don't see it being the best fit money or contention-wise with what I'd think he expects.

Skrastins or Spacek could be more reasonably priced considerations I think could pair up well with Mezaros.

Personally I see them targetting someone more in the age range (mid to upper 20s) of Ranger and Mez than any of the elder statesmen likely to command higher dollar amounts. Beauchemin, Bergeron, Leopold, Zanon, or Oduya all seem like logical contenders in this category depending on what they could work financialy to fit one in. The oppurtunity to step into a big role might help entice some of these options as well.


As for other elder statesmen / last-gasp veterans, I don't see the Lightning offering big enough paydays or high enough chances at success to attract guys like Schneider, Blake, or even Aucoin. As much as that type of leadership might be needed to stabilize their blueline they just don't make much sense all other factors considered.

Trades remain the most common expectancy for improvement in this area. I really don't want to see the big deals (the 2nd pick and/or Lecavalier) go down that might bring forth a significant improvement. Nor do I think the Lightning have the greatest spare parts for making more minor deals that address this in a relevant manner.



After all that, it must be acknowledged that should they tender all of their RFAs they'll have Kraijcek, Smaby, Lundin, Lashoff, Wishart, Mihalik, Quick, and possibly Hedman all battling for somewhere between 2-4 spots on the team. Should they strike out on any significant UFA or trade upgrades, bringing back Cory Murphy and letting the aforementioned kids take another (hopeful) step forward won't necessarily be the worst fate in the world. Even if it does leave them looking at another high draft pick at the end of next year, they really need to develop/move some of these defensemen for hopes at long term success.

garmonbozia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 10:30 AM
  #11
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Maelmoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,610
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmonbozia View Post
There is some quality humor on the fringes of comedic trolling going on in this thread.


Ohlund would be nice but as mentioned I don't see it being the best fit money or contention-wise with what I'd think he expects.

Skrastins or Spacek could be more reasonably priced considerations I think could pair up well with Mezaros.

Personally I see them targetting someone more in the age range (mid to upper 20s) of Ranger and Mez than any of the elder statesmen likely to command higher dollar amounts. Beauchemin, Bergeron, Leopold, Zanon, or Oduya all seem like logical contenders in this category depending on what they could work financialy to fit one in. The oppurtunity to step into a big role might help entice some of these options as well.


As for other elder statesmen / last-gasp veterans, I don't see the Lightning offering big enough paydays or high enough chances at success to attract guys like Schneider, Blake, or even Aucoin. As much as that type of leadership might be needed to stabilize their blueline they just don't make much sense all other factors considered.

Trades remain the most common expectancy for improvement in this area. I really don't want to see the big deals (the 2nd pick and/or Lecavalier) go down that might bring forth a significant improvement. Nor do I think the Lightning have the greatest spare parts for making more minor deals that address this in a relevant manner.



After all that, it must be acknowledged that should they tender all of their RFAs they'll have Kraijcek, Smaby, Lundin, Lashoff, Wishart, Mihalik, Quick, and possibly Hedman all battling for somewhere between 2-4 spots on the team. Should they strike out on any significant UFA or trade upgrades, bringing back Cory Murphy and letting the aforementioned kids take another (hopeful) step forward won't necessarily be the worst fate in the world. Even if it does leave them looking at another high draft pick at the end of next year, they really need to develop/move some of these defensemen for hopes at long term success.
He he, must be so.

But I really agree with the things you wrote, I would love to see a guy like Beauchemin here, but I also doubt he will come due to the price, same goes with Ohlund and the other guys mentioned, maybe it could happend if Vinny would be traded, but I doubt so even then.

We have lot of guys so you think someone of them will take a step forward, specially now with a better system and camp in place than under Melrose.

Maelmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 10:51 AM
  #12
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olson101 View Post
Oh sorry completely forgot about that...also Ohlund would be the perfect mentor as he is also Swedish but do the Bolts have enough cap space to meet his demands?
I honestly doubt he'll get that much. He's lost a step and isn't exactly a spring chicken.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 10:56 AM
  #13
Omar Little
Omar comin yo
 
Omar Little's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,849
vCash: 500
NJD

Salvador

TB

Bochenski/Halpern

Omar Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:00 AM
  #14
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
I would love something like kelly and smith for artyukhin and mihalek, but i doubt tampa would like to add 3M in salary.

Ottawa would look damn nice after this trade though, and i think it definitely makes tampa a better team.

Heater-Spezza-Alfie
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon/Zubov/other
Winchester-Regin-Artyukhin
Ruutu-Bass-Donovan
Schubert

Phillips-Volch
Kuba-Picard
Lee-Campoli
Mihalek

if auld can then be dealt we would have plenty of room to sign a top-6 forward, but due to future salary constraints i dont see us hitting the UFA market this summer anyways (unless Melnyk makes a push for it to try to get fans to forget this season, but we could then end up in a chicago situation next offseason).

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:00 AM
  #15
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Mike Rathje??

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:03 AM
  #16
Omar Little
Omar comin yo
 
Omar Little's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
Mike Rathje??
haha yea i think the flyers are gonna have to wait till his deal is done in the minors, no team is gonna take him

Omar Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:28 AM
  #17
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
I would love something like kelly and smith for artyukhin and mihalek, but i doubt tampa would like to add 3M in salary.

Ottawa would look damn nice after this trade though, and i think it definitely makes tampa a better team.

Heater-Spezza-Alfie
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon/Zubov/other
Winchester-Regin-Artyukhin
Ruutu-Bass-Donovan
Schubert

Phillips-Volch
Kuba-Picard
Lee-Campoli
Mihalek

if auld can then be dealt we would have plenty of room to sign a top-6 forward, but due to future salary constraints i dont see us hitting the UFA market this summer anyways (unless Melnyk makes a push for it to try to get fans to forget this season, but we could then end up in a chicago situation next offseason).
I think Tocchet is giving Arty one more year to prove he can actually play hockey other than hit hard and skate fast, so its doubtful hes moved, esp for someone like Smith.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:31 AM
  #18
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates
 
Going Back to Cally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,746
vCash: 286
Two bad contracts for Mihalik and Artyukhun, great.
Posted via Mobile Device

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:51 AM
  #19
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,745
vCash: 500
Steve Staios for any draft pick.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 12:16 PM
  #20
The Depahted
Registered User
 
The Depahted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ISL
Country: United States
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
Aaron Ward?

The Depahted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 12:30 PM
  #21
bnbh1962
 
bnbh1962's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: FAIRFIELD, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Nj Devils
Bryce Salvador 2.9 Cap Hit Good Stay At Home Defensemen

Tampa
E.artkuyin .940 Cap Hit- Hard Hiting 3/4 Liner

bnbh1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 12:46 PM
  #22
Omar Little
Omar comin yo
 
Omar Little's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbh1962 View Post
Nj Devils
Bryce Salvador 2.9 Cap Hit Good Stay At Home Defensemen

Tampa
E.artkuyin .940 Cap Hit- Hard Hiting 3/4 Liner
Done

Omar Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 12:55 PM
  #23
The Mars Volchenkov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 37,470
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
You can have Jason Smith for a sack of potatoes.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 01:29 PM
  #24
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,677
vCash: 500
I'd give you Staios, he is still a serviceable defenseman, and would be willing to take back some Salary, less than Steve makes tho.

Somewhere in the 1-1.5 million dump coming back would be okay.

Valic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 01:33 PM
  #25
Rickety Cricket
Registered User
 
Rickety Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not Kent Huskins
Country: United States
Posts: 28,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
You can have Jason Smith for a sack of potatoes.
What kind of potatoes?

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.