HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Did Bob Gainey say too much?

Old
06-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Adriatic

vCash: 500
Habs need to sign a legit center and Koivu needs to leave please..we have to change the make-up and character of this team and it starts with the captain. I can't take another season where Koivu gets injured and gives us about 40 good games and then plays a few good playoff games and we get eliminated..it's like we're just driving in circles.

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 01:02 PM
la25ecoupe

It means he'll not sign Kovy and Komo and Dandy.

have you heard him mention JMartin before his signing? No.

He'll probly sign Koivu, Tanguay, Bouilli, etc.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

If Bob and us want Tanguay back, we sure as hell gotta make sure we re-sign Koivu. As simple as that. Putting together a deal to have a better centerman before July 1st is unlikely, although it might happen, but by the time it does, there won't be much time left to sign Tanguay. Tanguay admires Koivu and likes to play with him (from his own words). So if you wanna keep Tanguay, the safest bet is to sign Koivu pronto, and then if we get another better centerman, well its all for the better if we have all three, the better centerman, Koivu and Tanguay.

That's being pragmatic and that's what Gainey is, and that's why he will re-sign Koivu.

To me, the unsure cases are still Kovy and Komi, and that's why I think Gainey named them.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
I really do think a lot of people want Koivu gone for this very reason.
I don't know that it's such a bad reason. I don't think Koivu is in that league of former Hab greats. His captaincy has become a symbol of Montreal's longest stretch of sustained mediocrity in its entire history.

Maybe it's unfair to the player and the man to link the two. But mediocrity is unfair to the fans. All we have to show for that mediocrity is to have a noble record held by Koivu rather than Beliveau.

I can understand someone feeling ripped off.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote