HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Interested in Hedman?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-02-2009, 02:57 PM
  #126
VictoryRose
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Sorry to break it to you, but Chris Pronger wasn't that good in his first few years in Hartford. Guess what? They didn't have the patience for a 22 year old defensman and traded him to St Louis for Shanahan. Then guess what? He went on to win the Hart trophy, the Norris trophy, and the Stanley Cup. The Hartford franchise? Gone 2years later.....

If you don't think Johnson can play any better than he has shown so far as a 22 year old, you're sadly mistaken my friend....Johnson will be re-signed and will be a Kings for years to come....

P.S. - Do you think maybe New York and Ottawa are kicking themselves for not having patience with Chara? I'd put money on it......
First off, I didnt say Johnson couldnt play better. He's been pretty much horrible and/or hurt for two seasons. Saying he could end up being Brad Stuart or Derek Morris is very favorable.

As far as the rest of this nonsense goes, which is all it is in saying that JJ has HoF potential, it isn't even worth getting into. You've interpreted the facts about what went on with Zee in NY (the Ottawa discussion isnt even worth talking about - you're clueless. He played fine there hence the ensuing bidding war, he played for a terrible coach that mismanaged him completely) to your liking, but it doesn't change some facts.

Were you involved in hockey in any way, shape, or form form 93-96? I was. Heavily. You've misconstrued the hows and whys of Pronger's trade went down. dude got a DUI and that did not sit well w/ Hartford and no amount of anything was going to change their mind at that point. He was gone. You'll recall (or actually, it doesn't look like you will) he had a pretty damn decent debut on the ice, played the whole season, made the all-rookie team etc.

You people need a serious reality check on Jack Johnson, and prospects/young players at large.

Will he be a very good NHL player? Potentially.
Will he be a daily NHL player for 10-12 years? Almost certainly.
Will be a HoF caliber #1 defenseman? Not a chance in hell.

Check your myopic fandom at the door, study his game, and ask yourself which skill set Jack Johnson has ever showed that even remotely hits at eternal greatness. If it was truly there, Rutherford would have waited as long as it took, and he certainly wouldnt have been moved for the likes of Tim Gleason.

Your error was placing him in the same category as a generational defenseman. It's erroneous and inaccurate. There is a discrepancy between the Brendan Witt's and Nick Lidstroms in the world. Once you sort it out, your prospect evaluation will have some merit.

PS - If or when JJ is resigned, it'll be interesting to see if is even the best defenseman on his own team. Right now, he's maybe #3, and depending on how ready Hickey/Voynov are, as far back as #4.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 03:14 PM
  #127
Mr Underhill
Registered User
 
Mr Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
First off, I didnt say Johnson couldnt play better. He's been pretty much horrible and/or hurt for two seasons. Saying he could end up being Brad Stuart or Derek Morris is very favorable.

As far as the rest of this nonsense goes, which is all it is in saying that JJ has HoF potential, it isn't even worth getting into. You've interpreted the facts about what went on with Zee in NY (the Ottawa discussion isnt even worth talking about - you're clueless. He played fine there hence the ensuing bidding war, he played for a terrible coach that mismanaged him completely) to your liking, but it doesn't change some facts.

Were you involved in hockey in any way, shape, or form form 93-96? I was. Heavily. You've misconstrued the hows and whys of Pronger's trade went down. dude got a DUI and that did not sit well w/ Hartford and no amount of anything was going to change their mind at that point. He was gone. You'll recall (or actually, it doesn't look like you will) he had a pretty damn decent debut on the ice, played the whole season, made the all-rookie team etc.

You people need a serious reality check on Jack Johnson, and prospects/young players at large.

Will he be a very good NHL player? Potentially.
Will he be a daily NHL player for 10-12 years? Almost certainly.
Will be a HoF caliber #1 defenseman? Not a chance in hell.

Check your myopic fandom at the door, study his game, and ask yourself which skill set Jack Johnson has ever showed that even remotely hits at eternal greatness. If it was truly there, Rutherford would have waited as long as it took, and he certainly wouldnt have been moved for the likes of Tim Gleason.

Your error was placing him in the same category as a generational defenseman. It's erroneous and inaccurate. There is a discrepancy between the Brendan Witt's and Nick Lidstroms in the world. Once you sort it out, your prospect evaluation will have some merit.

PS - If or when JJ is resigned, it'll be interesting to see if is even the best defenseman on his own team. Right now, he's maybe #3, and depending on how ready Hickey/Voynov are, as far back as #4.
This is not meant as an insult to you all on the board at all...

But is you guys think you are knowledgeable enough about hockey to see JJ is either overrated or lacking superstar potential then the Lightnings scouts and talent evaluators sure as hell will be able to tell. And if JJ is overrated, all it does is increase the value of the other pieces in the package. For instance if JJ doesnt have as high a ceiling as people once thought he did, then maybe a player like Dustin Brown might have to be involved in talks. So basically, the less value JJ has, the more value the other players in the package will have to have.

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 03:18 PM
  #128
not tellin*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
This is not meant as an insult to you all on the board at all...

But is you guys think you are knowledgeable enough about hockey to see JJ is either overrated or lacking superstar potential then the Lightnings scouts and talent evaluators sure as hell will be able to tell. And if JJ is overrated, all it does is increase the value of the other pieces in the package. For instance if JJ doesnt have as high a ceiling as people once thought he did, then maybe a player like Dustin Brown might have to be involved in talks. So basically, the less value JJ has, the more value the other players in the package will have to have.
this is mindblowing information. but IMO if JJ + Brown + 5th overall is involved Lombardi does not do it.

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 03:20 PM
  #129
Mr Underhill
Registered User
 
Mr Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icyfur View Post
this is mindblowing information. but IMO if JJ + Brown + 5th overall is involved Lombardi does not do it.
really necessary?

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 03:33 PM
  #130
butthead666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
First off, I didnt say Johnson couldnt play better. He's been pretty much horrible and/or hurt for two seasons. Saying he could end up being Brad Stuart or Derek Morris is very favorable.

As far as the rest of this nonsense goes, which is all it is in saying that JJ has HoF potential, it isn't even worth getting into. You've interpreted the facts about what went on with Zee in NY (the Ottawa discussion isnt even worth talking about - you're clueless. He played fine there hence the ensuing bidding war, he played for a terrible coach that mismanaged him completely) to your liking, but it doesn't change some facts.

Were you involved in hockey in any way, shape, or form form 93-96? I was. Heavily. You've misconstrued the hows and whys of Pronger's trade went down. dude got a DUI and that did not sit well w/ Hartford and no amount of anything was going to change their mind at that point. He was gone. You'll recall (or actually, it doesn't look like you will) he had a pretty damn decent debut on the ice, played the whole season, made the all-rookie team etc.

You people need a serious reality check on Jack Johnson, and prospects/young players at large.

Will he be a very good NHL player? Potentially.
Will he be a daily NHL player for 10-12 years? Almost certainly.
Will be a HoF caliber #1 defenseman? Not a chance in hell.

Check your myopic fandom at the door, study his game, and ask yourself which skill set Jack Johnson has ever showed that even remotely hits at eternal greatness. If it was truly there, Rutherford would have waited as long as it took, and he certainly wouldnt have been moved for the likes of Tim Gleason.

Your error was placing him in the same category as a generational defenseman. It's erroneous and inaccurate. There is a discrepancy between the Brendan Witt's and Nick Lidstroms in the world. Once you sort it out, your prospect evaluation will have some merit.

PS - If or when JJ is resigned, it'll be interesting to see if is even the best defenseman on his own team. Right now, he's maybe #3, and depending on how ready Hickey/Voynov are, as far back as #4.
I saw about half of Hartford's games his rookie season on Sportschannel on my old cable package. It was pretty obvious that Chris was very good even playing on a pretty bad team and that he would get a lot better. That is why that when Whalers moved him they were able to get a very good player in Shanahan. If Kings traded JJ straight up would they be able to get a player of that quality? I think that the Brad Stuart/Derek Morris comparisons are spot on. Pronger has always been moved for reasons other than his performance on the ice. It may be a very long time before another defenseman wins a Hart Trophy.


Last edited by butthead666: 06-02-2009 at 03:40 PM.
butthead666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 03:44 PM
  #131
butthead666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icyfur View Post
this is mindblowing information. but IMO if JJ + Brown + 5th overall is involved Lombardi does not do it.
Brown is not going anwhere, he has King tatoo on his butt and a contract that proves it. I think Kopitar would be moved before Brown and i don't think he is going anywhere either.

butthead666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 04:19 PM
  #132
tantrum4*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
As far as the rest of this nonsense goes, which is all it is in saying that JJ has HoF potential, it isn't even worth getting into. You've interpreted the facts about what went on with Zee in NY (the Ottawa discussion isnt even worth talking about - you're clueless. He played fine there hence the ensuing bidding war, he played for a terrible coach that mismanaged him completely) to your liking, but it doesn't change some facts.
Actually Ottawa had to decide to keep either Chara or Redden because they were both due for a raise and they thought Redden was the better fit. Obviously you didn't pay too much attention to the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
Were you involved in hockey in any way, shape, or form form 93-96? I was. Heavily. You've misconstrued the hows and whys of Pronger's trade went down. dude got a DUI and that did not sit well w/ Hartford and no amount of anything was going to change their mind at that point. He was gone. You'll recall (or actually, it doesn't look like you will) he had a pretty damn decent debut on the ice, played the whole season, made the all-rookie team etc.
Actually I was playing Junior A hockey at the time, just so you know. So how is Pronger getting traded for a DUI any different than people suggesting JJ will be moved because he's a headcase, his dad's a headcase, or he wants to much money? Is all off ice crap. There is no way the Kings are thinking about trading a 22 year old stud d-man because he's been injured for 2 years and they haven't seen his full potential. That's ridiculous to speculate that is the reason he would be moved. Do you really think the Hartford brass at the time thought he was going to dominate the league or do you think they were thinking he was going to be trouble?? Yes, they misjudged him and are STILL wishing they had never made that trade. Maybe Carolina gets past Pittsburgh this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
You people need a serious reality check on Jack Johnson, and prospects/young players at large.

Will he be a very good NHL player? Potentially.
Will he be a daily NHL player for 10-12 years? Almost certainly.
Will be a HoF caliber #1 defenseman? Not a chance in hell.
Sounds like you think your opinion is the gospel. Whatever you say, is EXACTLY what is going to happen in the future. The rest of our opinions are just a joke. I wish you would have been around when LA drafted Robitaille 162nd, & Detroit drafted Zetterberg & Datsyuk in the late rounds, so then you could have told me FOR SURE they were going to end up in the HOF and I coulda made a ton of money in Vegas!! I guess you're rolling in cash by now....

By the way, can you please tell me if Crosby or Ovechkin is going to end up with more points by the end of their careers? I have a little bet going with my buddy and I'd rather just know the answer now instead of waiting for 15 years.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
PS - If or when JJ is resigned, it'll be interesting to see if is even the best defenseman on his own team. Right now, he's maybe #3, and depending on how ready Hickey/Voynov are, as far back as #4.
That statement is priceless!!!!

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 06:27 PM
  #133
Thrice
Coyote Killer
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Actually Ottawa had to decide to keep either Chara or Redden because they were both due for a raise and they thought Redden was the better fit. Obviously you didn't pay too much attention to the situation.



Actually I was playing Junior A hockey at the time, just so you know. So how is Pronger getting traded for a DUI any different than people suggesting JJ will be moved because he's a headcase, his dad's a headcase, or he wants to much money? Is all off ice crap. There is no way the Kings are thinking about trading a 22 year old stud d-man because he's been injured for 2 years and they haven't seen his full potential. That's ridiculous to speculate that is the reason he would be moved. Do you really think the Hartford brass at the time thought he was going to dominate the league or do you think they were thinking he was going to be trouble?? Yes, they misjudged him and are STILL wishing they had never made that trade. Maybe Carolina gets past Pittsburgh this year?



Sounds like you think your opinion is the gospel. Whatever you say, is EXACTLY what is going to happen in the future. The rest of our opinions are just a joke. I wish you would have been around when LA drafted Robitaille 162nd, & Detroit drafted Zetterberg & Datsyuk in the late rounds, so then you could have told me FOR SURE they were going to end up in the HOF and I coulda made a ton of money in Vegas!! I guess you're rolling in cash by now....

By the way, can you please tell me if Crosby or Ovechkin is going to end up with more points by the end of their careers? I have a little bet going with my buddy and I'd rather just know the answer now instead of waiting for 15 years.....



That statement is priceless!!!!
You haven't been paying much attention the last year or so, have you?

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 06:30 PM
  #134
tantrum4*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
You haven't been paying much attention the last year or so, have you?
No just got on these boards last year. Is that already common knowledge around here?

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 07:49 PM
  #135
BigKing
Spot Picker
 
BigKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Belmont Shore, CA
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
I'm sorry, but weren't Doughty and Quincey better than JJ last year? That would put him at #3 and if Hickey/Voinov came in and were better then he'd be pushed to #4.

I don't see how that statement is "priceless".

I've said before that his ceiling is Jovo but he still may not reach it.

He's been replaced as the future franchise d-man for this team as Doughty is clearly that guy. He's shown nothing at the NHL level that says he will be any better than Hickey or Voinov and the "prospect potential" gap between Johnson and the two aforementioned prospects has shrunk to the point where it's viable to trade Johnson for help in other areas.

Saying a guy will top out at Stuart or Morris is still pretty good as they are Top-4 guys. If you can't get Top-2 value though for a guy who will settle in at a #4 then you do it: especially if there are off-ice issues.

BigKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 08:26 PM
  #136
tantrum4*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
I'm sorry, but weren't Doughty and Quincey better than JJ last year? That would put him at #3 and if Hickey/Voinov came in and were better then he'd be pushed to #4.

I don't see how that statement is "priceless".

I've said before that his ceiling is Jovo but he still may not reach it.

He's been replaced as the future franchise d-man for this team as Doughty is clearly that guy. He's shown nothing at the NHL level that says he will be any better than Hickey or Voinov and the "prospect potential" gap between Johnson and the two aforementioned prospects has shrunk to the point where it's viable to trade Johnson for help in other areas.

Saying a guy will top out at Stuart or Morris is still pretty good as they are Top-4 guys. If you can't get Top-2 value though for a guy who will settle in at a #4 then you do it: especially if there are off-ice issues.

Say what you want about Voynov & Quincy, but in the long run I would put a lot of money down that JJ will be a more complete player than both of those guys will. How can you say Johnson will be #4 when you've only seen him play for a season and a half? Have you ever had a shoulder injury? Did you expect him to come back from that and be the next Bobby Orr right away? Hilarious.

And just a little tid bit for you, JJ led ALL defenseman on our team with a 12% shooting percentage.

Quincy - 4 goals on 150 shots!!!
Doughty - 6 goals on 126 shots!!
Jack Johnson - 6 goals on 50 shots.....yea he's not going to be able produce a thing for this team in the future is he...

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 09:14 PM
  #137
not tellin*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
I'm sorry, but weren't Doughty and Quincey better than JJ last year? That would put him at #3 and if Hickey/Voinov came in and were better then he'd be pushed to #4.

I don't see how that statement is "priceless".

I've said before that his ceiling is Jovo but he still may not reach it.

He's been replaced as the future franchise d-man for this team as Doughty is clearly that guy. He's shown nothing at the NHL level that says he will be any better than Hickey or Voinov and the "prospect potential" gap between Johnson and the two aforementioned prospects has shrunk to the point where it's viable to trade Johnson for help in other areas.

Saying a guy will top out at Stuart or Morris is still pretty good as they are Top-4 guys. If you can't get Top-2 value though for a guy who will settle in at a #4 then you do it: especially if there are off-ice issues.
the problem is, i don't see very many similarities in his game that you could compare him to jovo. i'd say his ceiling is more along the lines of shea weber. two completely different players.

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 09:51 PM
  #138
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!
 
PSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
And just a little tid bit for you, JJ led ALL defenseman on our team with a 12% shooting percentage.

Quincy - 4 goals on 150 shots!!!
Doughty - 6 goals on 126 shots!!
Jack Johnson - 6 goals on 50 shots.....yea he's not going to be able produce a thing for this team in the future is he...
Come now, I know you don't really believe that the stats you quoted mean anything.

Shooting percentage is nice, but shouldn't Johnson be averaging well over 1 shot per game? ...especially if he is going to be on the point on the power play.

Here's the other stat that's a little disturbing:

Quincy - 38 assists in 72 games, or 0.526 Assists/Game
Doughty - 21 assists in 81 games, or 0.259 Assists/Game
Johnson - 5 assists in 41 games, or 0.122 Assists/Game

IMO, Johnson's career with the Kings probably won't be much longer not because he isn't a good player, but because Johnson and Lombardi won't see eye-to-eye on contract terms.

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 09:58 PM
  #139
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
It's simply a gross generalization (not to mention, for reasons I can't, entirely factually incorrect) that players ever simply go to the highest bidder. They don't, and continue to won't. There is a plethora of reasons why people sign in the cities they do, and yes money is a factor, but you're getting paid either way. 100,000 per year or 350,000 per year, while may seem like a lot (500,000 and 1.75m on a five year deal respectively) isn't enough to always sway someone from where they're set on. I promise you as emphatically as I can, Gaborik has told his agent to field all offers, but there's a specific list of teams he'd prefer to play for.

Guys have to not view LA as a retirement destination. That's problem #1. It's why the hockey culture has to change.
Did you even read his post? Tik gave 5 reasons why Gaborik would not want to be here.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 10:04 PM
  #140
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Come now, I know you don't really believe that the stats you quoted mean anything.

Shooting percentage is nice, but shouldn't Johnson be averaging well over 1 shot per game? ...especially if he is going to be on the point on the power play.

Here's the other stat that's a little disturbing:

Quincy - 38 assists in 72 games, or 0.526 Assists/Game
Doughty - 21 assists in 81 games, or 0.259 Assists/Game
Johnson - 5 assists in 41 games, or 0.122 Assists/Game

IMO, Johnson's career with the Kings probably won't be much longer not because he isn't a good player, but because Johnson and Lombardi won't see eye-to-eye on contract terms.
Those numbers directly relate to Jack not being on the PP. His overall numbers shot up when he was on the PP. Plus, again he was playing more of a defensive role than the other offensive guys considering who he spent his time with and the situations he was in. Jack doesn't even come close to shooting as much as an average offensive dman so those numbers will go up with increased shots.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 10:41 PM
  #141
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 16,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Those numbers directly relate to Jack not being on the PP. His overall numbers shot up when he was on the PP. Plus, again he was playing more of a defensive role than the other offensive guys considering who he spent his time with and the situations he was in. Jack doesn't even come close to shooting as much as an average offensive dman so those numbers will go up with increased shots.
I have to agree with this. The fact that he scored 6 goals with limited PP time in half a season bodes well for future production on offense.

If he earns regular time on the PP next season and stays healthy he should be able to score 10 - 15 goals, no problem.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 10:57 PM
  #142
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I have to agree with this. The fact that he scored 6 goals with limited PP time in half a season bodes well for future production on offense.

If he earns regular time on the PP next season and stays healthy he should be able to score 10 - 15 goals, no problem.
I don't doubt that, I just question whether he can score those 15 goals without being the worst +/- on the team.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:05 PM
  #143
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 16,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I don't doubt that, I just question whether he can score those 15 goals without being the worst +/- on the team.
If he isn't playing good positional hockey 5-on-5, I doubt he will get the PP time he needs to score 15. I sure hope he figures it out.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:15 PM
  #144
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
If he isn't playing good positional hockey 5-on-5, I doubt he will get the PP time he needs to score 15. I sure hope he figures it out.
A conundrum indeed.

We can scream "He isn't being used properly!" all we want, but if we just want a PP specialist, why not just play Preissing?

While I do want Johnson to get that PP time, I agree with TM's usage of it as a motivating tool.

I don't like players that just want to be given the good ice time without figuring out how to play the normal minutes really well first.

While I am not accusing Johnson of anything definitively, I got a sense from that little Q and A with JackJohnsonFan that he is really focused on being given PP time. While its good in a way, he should be looking towards his goal, I hope he doesn't think he should just get it because he'd kick ass on it, but that he understands why it is being withheld from him and turn his focus to doing the things TM is asking from him in order to get that PP time.

While I worry that he doesn't, I honestly believe he does as I see Jack as a very hard worker. He doesn't strike me as the most humble of people, but I also don't see him as someone who just assumes he is awesome and can't take criticism.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:29 PM
  #145
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
The fact that significant attention is given to issues such as Jack wants this or Jack wants that tells me this team is simply not very good. You think Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Carolina, Anaheim, Philly, etc. have these types of issues with their young defensemen? Doubtful.

The Kings are a bunch of ugly young girls that whine about the popular kids and wish they were invited to the parties.

Shut the **** up, get a tan, wear contacts, put on some makeup, hike up your skirt and when JDM tells you he wants to do something "strange" to you tonight, just go with it.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:33 PM
  #146
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
The fact that significant attention is given to issues such as Jack wants this or Jack wants that tells me this team is simply not very good. You think Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Carolina, Anaheim, Philly, etc. have these types of issues with their young defensemen? Doubtful.

The Kings are a bunch of ugly young girls that whine about the popular kids and wish they were invited to the parties.

Shut the **** up, get a tan, wear contacts, put on some makeup, hike up your skirt and when JDM tells you he wants to do something "strange" to you tonight, just go with it.
Are you sure you have been a member here for 3 1/2 years?

Because this site (more specifically the Kings board) has seriously been lacking in members with a fantastic sense of humor for a very long time......you make up for that deficiency all by yourself. Kudos to you sir.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:34 PM
  #147
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
The fact that significant attention is given to issues such as Jack wants this or Jack wants that tells me this team is simply not very good. You think Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Carolina, Anaheim, Philly, etc. have these types of issues with their young defensemen? Doubtful.

The Kings are a bunch of ugly young girls that whine about the popular kids and wish they were invited to the parties.
Agreed.

Quote:
Shut the **** up, get a tan, wear contacts, put on some makeup, hike up your skirt and when JDM tells you he wants to do something "strange" to you tonight, just go with it.
I don't know what to think of this... that'll take some time to digest. I'm a little scared, and a little horny.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 12:10 AM
  #148
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 6,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
The fact that significant attention is given to issues such as Jack wants this or Jack wants that tells me this team is simply not very good. You think Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Carolina, Anaheim, Philly, etc. have these types of issues with their young defensemen? Doubtful.
Word. Detroit is the sort of place where they release a guy like Quincey because there's no place for him on the roster and where Brad Stuart goes from being an almost salary dump to becoming a 4 mill a year player on a top team with a tight budget.

Gotta cut Jack some slack here (no rhyme intended). He's only in his early 20s and has higher projected upside than over 95% of the defensemen in this league. I don't think anyone can truly say or predict that he will become a franchise or a mediocre defenseman for sure. If we trade him, it's risky at best and at a time when his value was low. If $1 scratch-off lottery tickets here in California were only five cents for a day, I'd be buying them up all day... I might lose my shirt but probably not.

Plus, what is the deal in dealing for Vinny and paying for it? I'm not saying that TB isn't asking for an arm and a leg due to Vinny's talent but seriously, with his infamous contract and the current NHL rules that block TB from picking up the tab, why should be give up anything of great value and rush into such a bad deal? If we are able to trade up as part of the deal to get Hedman, then it makes sense. But we shouldn't be giving up the 5th, JJ AND MORE to get just Vinny, which such a bad deal.

You think Pittsburgh has problems with Detroit, wait until we have two less talented and one older center making nearly the same money and see the world of hurt we are in to win anything significant.

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 12:13 AM
  #149
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,194
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
The fact that significant attention is given to issues such as Jack wants this or Jack wants that tells me this team is simply not very good. You think Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Carolina, Anaheim, Philly, etc. have these types of issues with their young defensemen? Doubtful.
.
Sorry, but I'm not buying that. I don't care what his father told the newspaper, this is possibly the 2nd time he's having problems with a team. Where there's smoke there's fire. Seems to me that there is a precedence here and it's not on the Kings shoulders...

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 02:08 AM
  #150
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,548
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
When did Johnson play in the minors in order to compare production with Hickey? How can the door be closing on a 22 year old defensemen who is still highly regarded? Aki Berg? Really?
The stats between Aki Berg's first 100 NHL games and Jack's are almost identical. Pronger and Chara are 2 giants, for whatever reason those types of tall dmen take time to develop. Doesn't seem to be bothering Tyler Myers so far but we'll see. And I've always argued that Jack Johnson should have played at least 1 season in the minors. HIs game needs it badly, he's getting schooled on the big stage and probably for the 1st time in his life he's just another guy on the ice. That's what happens when you're coddled your whole life, told you will be the man when you get to the NHL, you force a trade out of Carolina, you force the Kings to waste an entire year of his ELC for a horrid 5 game stint and now he wants to get paid? Again, he should take whatever he's offered at this point. Dean is firmly in the drivers seat on this 1 and I hope he plays typical Dean hardball with Jack. If he's re-signed it better be for real cheap because his stats scream CHEAP.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.