HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2009, 08:16 PM
SFKingshomer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Toronto and Montreal need Vinny while the Kings only want him. I think he'll cost too much the other way and the only way I see Vinny in a Kings uniform next season is if it's a steal for the Kings. Enter Toronto and Montreal, 2 teams willing to overpay and probably raising the stakes as they bid against each other. The hard reality of this offseason is that Vinny will probably go to a team other than the Kings, the Kings will select 5th overall and they will not sign a single impact free agent. It comes down to quantity and demand and Lombardi has not shown he is willing to outbid anybody unless your name is Michael Handzus (turns out good ol Deano was the only bidder). Oh, and the Kings will miss the playoffs while 17 year old kids tell fans of the Kings for 20+ years to remain patient.
Hawks offered the same deal minus the NTC.

Old
06-01-2009, 08:20 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Hawks offered the same deal minus the NTC.

i've mentioned that numerous times and i even posted several links on LGK about it... i should have done it here because we'd easily have been able to pull them back up. now, i'd have to search for them.

Old
06-01-2009, 09:33 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Zads post = Gold

Old
06-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Defgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
I find it fascinating that people are more comfortable making prognostications regarding the status of the Salary Cap in the 2015/2016 season than they are acknowledging that there may not BE a Salary Cap in the 2015/2016 season.
Seriously? Nobody can predict the future, but I think most people would feel much more comfortable saying that there will still be a cap in 6-7 years. I don't find it fascinating at all.

Old
06-02-2009, 06:17 PM
treason47

Send a message via AIM to treason47
It depends what is being offered for Lecavalier. If it were up to me i would pass. Price tag of the player financially and in trade too high. Also, does Lecavalier play team defense? backcheck? does he act like a rich boy playing hockey for fun? Is he a team player? As much as i would like to have another elite center for a solid 1-2 punch, I would much rather continue to build up with youth IF i was the gm.

Remember, DL likes to build through the draft.

Stoll is good at faceoffs, good at backchecking, fast skater, all around teamplayer. Stoll makes a decent 2nd line center. (proving me wrong when i thought he was more of a 3rd liner)

Last edited by treason47: 06-02-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old
06-02-2009, 07:52 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by treason47 View Post
It depends what is being offered for Lecavalier. If it were up to me i would pass. Price tag of the player financially and in trade too high. Also, does Lecavalier play team defense? backcheck? does he act like a rich boy playing hockey for fun? Is he a team player? As much as i would like to have another elite center for a solid 1-2 punch, I would much rather continue to build up with youth IF i was the gm.

Stoll is good at faceoffs, good at backchecking, fast skater, all around teamplayer. Stoll makes a decent 2nd line center. (proving me wrong when i thought he was more of a 3rd liner)
As long as we settle for "decent" because we don't want to hike our respective skirts up and take a chance, the longer we will be in the basement.

Old
06-02-2009, 08:05 PM
DeeMeck

He could not win face-offs, not backcheck, but if he scored 50 im still down.

Old
06-03-2009, 02:52 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
I think a lot of people will be let down this summer (and not just about Vinny).
Lightning fans?

Old
06-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
DL also traded a first rounder for Vinny Damphousse when he felt the Sharks were on the cusp.

But like you said, it depends on the number of assets the Kings would have to give up. Inheriting an 11 year contract is pretty daunting even if you are taking on an elite level player.

Old
06-03-2009, 04:30 PM
treason47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
As long as we settle for "decent" because we don't want to hike our respective skirts up and take a chance, the longer we will be in the basement.
Well the Kings can always draft a skilled top six centerman who can produce points rather than trade assets and pay big money for another teams center. For a team building a foundation thru the draft, this seems more suitable imo.

Old
06-03-2009, 04:35 PM
treason47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
DL also traded a first rounder for Vinny Damphousse when he felt the Sharks were on the cusp.

But like you said, it depends on the number of assets the Kings would have to give up. Inheriting an 11 year contract is pretty daunting even if you are taking on an elite level player.
I would not consider the Kings as being on the cusp just yet. First, Kings need to build up a strong foundation of young depth making for a more complete team, then adding the center would be an advantage if one hasn't already been drafted in.

Old
06-03-2009, 04:50 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well the Kings can always draft a skilled top six centerman who can produce points rather than trade assets and pay big money for another teams center. For a team building a foundation thru the draft, this seems more suitable imo.
And cross our fingers that not only does that players lives up to expectations, and produce a bunch of points and good 2-way play in the NHL, but also that he is able to do so before Frolov splits, Kopitar has become disinterested, Quick has demanded a raise we can't pay, Doughty is tired of losing and Brown is showing up to practice with a 4 year old and a divorce lawyer?

Old
06-03-2009, 04:51 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
And cross our fingers that not only does that players lives up to expectations, and produce a bunch of points and good 2-way play in the NHL, but also that he is able to do so before Frolov splits, Kopitar has become disinterested, Quick has demanded a raise we can't pay, Doughty is tired of losing and Brown is showing up to practice with a 4 year old and a divorce lawyer?
Yea so trade the pick for some 32 year old to put the Kings in 8th place. Good call DT.

Old
06-03-2009, 04:58 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Yea so trade the pick for some 32 year old to put the Kings in 8th place. Good call DT.
All things being equal, I'd keep the pick and try and use other assets.

Hell, I have MSP as my avatar. Think I'm itching to trade the pick? Not really.

I'm itching to have a superstar here in the next 2-3 years, while we have Kopitar, Doughty, Brown, Frolov together.

I like Kane, Schenn, MSP and all that, but I doubt their ability to contribute significantly in that time frame. I would love to be wrong on that.

But lets be honest here, trading one high pick for a proven talent doesn't exactly equal 10 years of trading picks and prospects at the deadline to try and squeeze into 8th.

Take your straw man home, he's ugly.

Old
06-03-2009, 06:57 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:

I'm itching to have a superstar here in the next 2-3 years, while we have Kopitar, Doughty, Brown, Frolov together.

I like Kane, Schenn, MSP and all that, but I doubt their ability to contribute significantly in that time frame. I would love to be wrong on that.

But lets be honest here, trading one high pick for a proven talent doesn't exactly equal 10 years of trading picks and prospects at the deadline to try and squeeze into 8th.

Wouldn't his initials be MPS?

Old
06-03-2009, 07:08 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
Wouldn't his initials be MPS?
I've seen it both ways. Has MPS been confirmed as proper?

Old
06-03-2009, 07:10 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:

I wasn't sure if you were one of the DL haters or not. Agreed, LA needs to step up and trade some assets for an impact player like Vinny. I really like Schenn is this draft and hope he's going to become a poor mans Mike Richards.

Old
06-03-2009, 08:32 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
I wasn't sure if you were one of the DL haters or not. Agreed, LA needs to step up and trade some assets for an impact player like Vinny. I really like Schenn is this draft and hope he's going to become a poor mans Mike Richards.
Nope, definately not a DL negatory. Dean fascinates me and I think he is good for LA.

I am actually really torn between Kane and MPS. MPS has the cooler name, so I go with him, but really I trust Dean to take the best of the bunch if he keeps the pick, even if its Cowen or someone else. It would pain me not to get one off Kane/MPS/Schenn if we pick at 5 though. If we trade down and get a useful roster player for it (no trading down for later picks!!!!!), then I'm more open to a defenseman.

I love the though of Kane punching face for the Kings and causing havok in front of the net. But the future tandem of Kopitar-MPS also is highly intruiging. Like I said, yelling "MAGNUS!" is awesome though, and when I'm torn on something I like to use arbitrary things to make a decision.

Old
06-04-2009, 10:02 PM
treason47

I've been a Kings fan long enough to know our team has MUCH better results in the draft then we do acquiring players via trade or free agency. Only problem Kings have is keeping said draft picks once they develop into the pro athletes the organization and fans have been waiting for.

Old
06-05-2009, 10:40 AM
lumbergh

A few tidbits on the Kings from Bruce Garrioch, who clearly has a strange fixation on the Kings:

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock...82771-sun.html

Quote:
Sources say the Chicago Blackhawks, Los Angeles Kings, Vancouver Canucks, Edmonton Oilers and Montreal Canadiens will all make a pitch for Hossa.

Despite all the denials coming out of the Sunshine State, the Tampa Bay Lightning is trying to deal C Vinny Lecavalier. A league source told Sun Media yesterday the Bolts have informed the NHL they intend to spend at the salary floor of approximately $40.5 million next season. They already have $38 million committed to 17 players and have to sign to get to the 23-man roster limit. Getting Lecavalier's $10 million salary off the books would clear space for the Bolts to sign blueliners. He's not only the Lightning player being shopped. League sources insist there are others, but didn't want to give out any names. A proposal deal to send Lecavalier to the Kings for D Jack Johnson is still on the table. Sources say Johnson, who is coming off an entry-level contract, is seeking a four-year deal worth $5.5 million per season (emphasis mine). No wonder the Kings want to deal him.

With the Flyers ready to sign G Ray Emery, G Martin Biron is getting ready to look for a new job as a free agent this summer. Don't be surprised if the Oilers at least take a long look at bringing him in. The Los Angeles Kings also need goaltending help and GM Dean Lombardi is a former Philadelphia scout.
Not sure why he thinks the Kings "need goaltending help".

Old
06-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh View Post
A few tidbits on the Kings from Bruce Garrioch, who clearly has a strange fixation on the Kings:

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock...82771-sun.html

Not sure why he thinks the Kings "need goaltending help".
His second rumor doe not make sense. If the Lightning are trimming payroll then why would they want a defenseman who wants $5 million/year?

Old
06-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
His second rumor doe not make sense. If the Lightning are trimming payroll then why would they want a defenseman who wants $5 million/year?
Well $5.5m is < $7.7m so that would be a reduction. However, the fact that Jack Johnson wants that much and isn't signed make this even more silly. I am really curious what makes Jack or is agent believe he is worth that when he has played on full season and half of another.

Old
06-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Well $5.5m is < $7.7m so that would be a reduction. However, the fact that Jack Johnson wants that much and isn't signed make this even more silly. I am really curious what makes Jack or is agent believe he is worth that when he has played on full season and half of another.

I picture Jack Sr calling Dean Lombardi.......

Jack Sr - "Hey Dean, we want 5.5 million per year"

Dean - "who the hell is this"

Jack Sr - "I'm Jack Johnson..... b!tch"

Dean - "Get off my couch"

Old
06-05-2009, 01:39 PM
KGpens

$5.5MM per for JJ...Stop Garroich...

Old
06-05-2009, 03:57 PM
VictoryRose

Garrioch also ran quotes the other day from a press conference he did not attend and an interview he did not partake in. He's known for being canada's eklund.

Closed Thread