HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Most likely to succeed in the NHL?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2004, 02:23 PM
  #1
BINGOV
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Topolcany, Czech.
Posts: 230
vCash: 500
Most likely to succeed in the NHL?

Of the following diminutive forwards, which one or ones do you think will thrive most in the NHL?

Stefan Ruzicka
Alexei Shkotov
Nigel Dawes
Martin St. Pierre
Ben Eaves
Noah Clarke

BINGOV is offline  
Old
09-30-2004, 02:28 PM
  #2
hossy316
Registered User
 
hossy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kensington, PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hossy316
Quote:
Originally Posted by BINGOV
Of the following diminutive forwards, which one or ones do you think will thrive most in the NHL?

Stefan Ruzicka
Alexei Shkotov
Nigel Dawes
Martin St. Pierre
Ben Eaves
Noah Clarke
Shkotov:
Wow, this kid has got some skills!! I saw him playing for the Remparts last season in the playoffs against the Rocket and he was a dominate player. The Blues certainly have a gem in this guy.

hossy316 is offline  
Old
09-30-2004, 02:30 PM
  #3
HfxMoose
Registered User
 
HfxMoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,899
vCash: 500
Shkotov.

HfxMoose is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 08:28 AM
  #4
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,449
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Eaves.....he will make it as something.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 09:34 AM
  #5
guitaraholic*
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
it's a virtual lock that Shkotov will at least make it TO the NHL, whether or not he lasts or makes an impact is anyone's guess but it's a very, very safe bet so make that he will be an NHL player for at least a short period of time. He's clearly got the skill to succeed at the AHL level and the Blues do need skilled wingers at the NHL level sooner rather than later and they can't really afford to go outside the organization to get one due to budget constraints... and besides, the Blues scouts and management are already praising Shkotov's skills and skating as NHL level right now.

guitaraholic* is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 10:09 AM
  #6
Kasparov*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Im gonna say Ben Eaves because i haven't seen that other guy play.

Kasparov* is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 10:34 AM
  #7
Fat Elvis
Registered User
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Money Pit
Country: United States
Posts: 5,280
vCash: 500
Noah Clarke is a heck of a player for a 9th round pick. He seems to get better each year. I'm suprised to see you lump him in with the other more touted players, but he has the drive to at least make it into the NHL imo. His skills are good but he will most likely never be a star. A guy you want on your team and club house.

Fat Elvis is online now  
Old
10-01-2004, 10:36 AM
  #8
mymkovski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
I'll go with a Winnipeg homer pick....Nigel Dawes. Still believe he's unbelievably underrated...

Go Dawes!

mymkovski is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 11:25 AM
  #9
Avery4Byng*
 
Avery4Byng*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymkovski
I'll go with a Winnipeg homer pick....Nigel Dawes. Still believe he's unbelievably underrated...

Go Dawes!
Gotta agree with this one. His shot is unreal for a guy his size.

St Pierre did not impress me at the Memorial Cup last year. I'm sure he had a great regular season but when it came down to crunch time in the cup he was nowhere to be seen.

Avery4Byng* is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 01:13 PM
  #10
Mizral
Registered User
 
Mizral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Earth, MW
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,108
vCash: 500
Nigel Dawes.

He is probobly the best player in the WHL right now with possible exception to Ryan Getzlaf. Dawes has 'star player' written all over him. His size has really not bothered him too much, and I think he'll make a good transition to the NHL when the Rangers are ready for him. I wasn't really a huge fan of him before, but after seeing him more in the WJC's and seeing what he has done firsthand in the WHL for a few games now, I realize he's quite an exciting prospect. He probobly should have been a first rounder.

Mizral is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 01:36 PM
  #11
Kasparov*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
I didnt even see Dawes there..... i vote for him isntead of Eaves.

Kasparov* is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 03:51 PM
  #12
trahans99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tray
Gotta agree with this one. His shot is unreal for a guy his size.

St Pierre did not impress me at the Memorial Cup last year. I'm sure he had a great regular season but when it came down to crunch time in the cup he was nowhere to be seen.
I have to agree and St.Pierre is classless.... after scoring a goal last year in the playoffs he gave a bunch of kids the middle finger because they were pounding on the glass...... absolutely disgusting to do that!!!

trahans99 is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 03:58 PM
  #13
Broadway Brett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Florida, but born in
Country: United States
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
I have to agree and St.Pierre is classless.... after scoring a goal last year in the playoffs he gave a bunch of kids the middle finger because they were pounding on the glass...... absolutely disgusting to do that!!!
Anybody else find that funny?

Why don't we make a poll out of this? I've never seen any of them play so I have no idea, but I'm pretty surprised by all the people who picked Dawes.

Broadway Brett is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 04:08 PM
  #14
trahans99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Crosby
Anybody else find that funny?

Why don't we make a poll out of this? I've never seen any of them play so I have no idea, but I'm pretty surprised by all the people who picked Dawes.

I'm sure St.Pierre wouldn't find it funny if he does that in the AHL and one of the home team players cleans his clock for it later on in the game.

trahans99 is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 04:09 PM
  #15
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 35,397
vCash: 500
Ruzicka will be breaking into the Flyers roster very soon (once they start playing again of course).

Epsilon is online now  
Old
10-01-2004, 05:12 PM
  #16
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Noah Clarke is a heck of a player for a 9th round pick. He seems to get better each year. I'm suprised to see you lump him in with the other more touted players, but he has the drive to at least make it into the NHL imo. His skills are good but he will most likely never be a star. A guy you want on your team and club house.

He reminds me a lot of Darren Haydar...the kind of guy you love to have on your farm team, but will probably never amount to much in the NHL.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 05:13 PM
  #17
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
I'm sure St.Pierre wouldn't find it funny if he does that in the AHL and one of the home team players cleans his clock for it later on in the game.
With Thompson and/or Henley watching?

Seachd is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 05:37 PM
  #18
trahans99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
With Thompson and/or Henley watching?
Yeah, if I was an enforcer on the other team i'd go after St.Pierre for doing that.....then be ready to fight Thompson or Henley afterwards.

trahans99 is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 08:07 PM
  #19
Winston Wolf
Registered User
 
Winston Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 7,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BINGOV
Of the following diminutive forwards, which one or ones do you think will thrive most in the NHL?

Stefan Ruzicka
I wouldn't really call Ruzicka "diminutive" as he's about 6'0 and has a very stocky build, unlike the most of these other guys who are like 5'8 or 5'9.

Winston Wolf is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 08:14 PM
  #20
HockyStr99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasparov
I didnt even see Dawes there..... i vote for him isntead of Eaves.

How fitting

HockyStr99 is offline  
Old
10-02-2004, 11:14 AM
  #21
John Druce
Flynt Flossy
 
John Druce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Did I mention that..
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,449
vCash: 500
Shkotov is the next Shishkanov. Whatever that means.

John Druce is offline  
Old
10-06-2004, 05:43 AM
  #22
kdazzad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
eaves

kdazzad is offline  
Old
10-06-2004, 06:05 AM
  #23
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 34,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Eaves.....he will make it as something.
Agree. Followed by Noah Clarke. He sees the ice really well and could be a top notch, agile, quick, playmaker.

__________________
I love you all.
Legionnaire is offline  
Old
10-06-2004, 02:20 PM
  #24
Captain Conservative
Registered User
 
Captain Conservative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: My Blue Heaven
Country: Spain
Posts: 3,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraholic
it's a virtual lock that Shkotov will at least make it TO the NHL, whether or not he lasts or makes an impact is anyone's guess but it's a very, very safe bet so make that he will be an NHL player for at least a short period of time. He's clearly got the skill to succeed at the AHL level and the Blues do need skilled wingers at the NHL level sooner rather than later and they can't really afford to go outside the organization to get one due to budget constraints... and besides, the Blues scouts and management are already praising Shkotov's skills and skating as NHL level right now.


Have you ever even seen him play?

Captain Conservative is offline  
Old
10-06-2004, 06:39 PM
  #25
Frenzy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conservative
Have you ever even seen him play?

I have and he does some unreal things w/ the puck. Small kid, but man can he fly. And yes, he goes into the high traffic areas and takes the hit to make the play. His D has gotten better but noone will ever take him for a Conroy/Madden type.

Frenzy1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.