HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA Kings Trade Scenarios

Old
06-01-2009, 05:03 AM
Saren
Multi Pass!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awright1393 View Post

TOR: 5th overall, a 3rd
LA: Ponikorvsky, 7th overall
Why is LA paying a 3rd rounder to move down? Ponikarovsky is great on the first line.. but he'd be behind Brown/Frolov on the Kings. (Maybe he's playing on the second line, in which case you can ignore that part) 30 years old, and one year removed from being a UFA to boot... LA would be better off drafting MSP/Schenn instead of moving down in the draft.

The Top-5 is nuts this year. No way that happens if I'm Lombardi.

But you never know. Just my thoughts on the trade bro.

nbd, js.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 10:40 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
What if he's given a 3.9 million offer sheet. Do Rangers match?
Obviously it would depend on which team made the offer. The 5th overall pick + a 3rd rounder would be hard to pass up, but at the same time, I don't want to lose Callahan. I think he can score 30-35 goals a year, maybe even 40 in his prime, and he never takes a shift off. That's the kind of player the Rangers need.

Hopefully the Rangers will get him locked up before July 1st so we don't need to find out the answer to that question.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Obviously it would depend on which team made the offer. The 5th overall pick + a 3rd rounder would be hard to pass up, but at the same time, I don't want to lose Callahan. I think he can score 30-35 goals a year, maybe even 40 in his prime, and he never takes a shift off. That's the kind of player the Rangers need.

Hopefully the Rangers will get him locked up before July 1st so we don't need to find out the answer to that question.
I messed up on expected compensation rates. Meant an offer sheet around 4-4.25 million. Thought 3.9 was top for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, not 1st and 3rd.

As for the team? Capitals. I ****ing want him as a RW on one of our top lines. Badly. Even if it puts him out of position. Who cares. We tell him to run around and **** people up and Ovechkin and Backstrom have all the space in the world while Callahan is concussing everybody in sight while being there to carry on a play if he has to. Absolute money.

I'm saying this because at this point Callahan isn't a 4 million guy (though I think he'll get there). Rangers should probably expect to retain him for what Brooks Laich, David Backes or Steve Bernier got as FA's ~2.5 million. However, if he got ~4 and Rangers match, that's a pretty hefty salary given all their other commitments, and if they don't, it's a 1st, 2nd and 3rd going their way.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Richter35

Quote:
What if he's given a 3.9 million offer sheet. Do Rangers match?
He won't make it that far, glen is stupid but not that stupid. Him and dubinsky will be signed/traded by the draft (the only trade option is dubi, callahan is going no where).

Richter35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 11:09 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
Why is LA paying a 3rd rounder to move down? Ponikarovsky is great on the first line.. but he'd be behind Brown/Frolov on the Kings. (Maybe he's playing on the second line, in which case you can ignore that part) 30 years old, and one year removed from being a UFA to boot... LA would be better off drafting MSP/Schenn instead of moving down in the draft.

The Top-5 is nuts this year. No way that happens if I'm Lombardi.

But you never know. Just my thoughts on the trade bro.

nbd, js.
give or take, a lot of the kings fans like it. It answers their depth at LW issues. even if he's on the 3rd line, Poni can still score 20g. He doesn't need a lot of ice time to be effective. Its just an easy trade for LA to do, that doesn't cost them much. They also still get a great pick at 7.

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Alex28*

Alright, going back on topic, here's a four way trade LA-TB-EDM-TOR

-----------------------------

From TBL: Lecavalier, Malone

To TBL: Hickey/Teubert, Gilbert, Blake, 5th overall

----------------------------

From LA: Hickey/Teubert, Johnson, Stoll, 5th overall

To LA: Lecavalier, Ponikarovsky

From EDM: Gilbert, Horcoff

To EDM: Malone, Stoll

From TOR: Blake, Ponikarovsky

To TOR: Horcoff, Johnson

TBL drafts Hedman and Schenn, has top 6 with Prospal Stamkos St. Louis and FA/someone Schenn Blake, as well as what is projected to be a killer defense with Ranger, Mesjaros, Gilbert, Hedman and Hickey/Teubert (whichever they prefer), all of which are projected to be top pairing or at least consistently top 3 defensemen.

EDM gets the big physical center they desperately need, a reliable physical top 6er in Malone and shed Horcoff's horrible contract.

TOR gets a stud in Johnson and takes on a somewhat worse contract than Blake's for a 2nd line center, gets another pick toward the rebuild as well.

LA gets Lecavalier and Ponikarovsky to round out a very impressive top 6, parts with a now redundant Stoll, still has a good defensive corps with Doughty, Johnson/Teubert, Quincey, Greene and potentially Voinov.

Old
06-01-2009, 11:31 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Alright, going back on topic, here's a four way trade LA-TB-EDM-TOR

From TBL: Lecavalier, Malone

From LA: Hickey/Teubert, Johnson, Stoll, 5th overall

To LA: Lecavalier, Ponikarovsky

To EDM: Malone, Stoll

To TOR: Horcoff, Johnson

TBL drafts Hedman and Schenn, has top 6 with Prospal Stamkos St. Louis and FA/someone Schenn Blake, as well as what is projected to be a killer defense with Ranger, Mesjaros, Gilbert, Hedman and Hickey/Teubert (whichever they prefer), all of which are projected to be top pairing or at least consistently top 3 defensemen.

EDM gets the big physical center they desperately need, a reliable physical top 6er in Malone and shed Horcoff's horrible contract.

TOR gets a stud in Johnson and takes on a somewhat worse contract than Blake's for a 2nd line center, gets another pick toward the rebuild as well.

LA gets Lecavalier and Ponikarovsky to round out a very impressive top 6, parts with a now redundant Stoll, still has a good defensive corps with Doughty, Johnson/Teubert, Quincey, Greene and potentially Voinov.
The Leafs gave up Jason Blake and Ponikarovsky to get Sean Horcoff and Jack Johnson.. lmao, ya nice try bud.. Edmonton just traded Jarret Stoll to LA, I don't expect him to go back there.. Swap Handzus with Stoll and keep Jack Johnson in a King uniform.. Even at that, I'm still not happy..

From TBL: Lecavalier, Malone, 2nd overall

From LA: Hickey/Teubert, Handzus, 5th overall

To LA: Lecavalier, Ponikarovsky, 2nd overall

To EDM: Malone, Handzus

To TOR: Horcoff

Toronto isn't giving up much, so a Blake and Ponikarovsky for Horcoff is probably the best they can do.. No way Jack Johnson goes there too..

This is the most realistic 4 way deal, alot more realistic than yours anyways

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
The Leafs gave up Jason Blake and Ponikarovsky to get Sean Horcoff and Jack Johnson.. lmao, ya nice try bud.. Edmonton just traded Jarret Stoll to LA, I don't expect him to go back there.. Swap Handzus with Stoll and keep Jack Johnson in a King uniform.. Even at that, I'm still not happy..

Toronto isn't giving up much, so a Blake and Ponikarovsky for Horcoff is probably the best they can do.. No way Jack Johnson goes there too..

Yeah, Toronto wants to take the 2nd worst contract in the league while giving up 2 better, cheaper players.

If you wanna write mindnumbing homerific bull**** at least rip off somebody's else's trade other than mine. Maybe LA trades Quincey for Redden as well? I mean, if Toronto doesn't mind Horcoff for Ponikarovsky and Blake... LA IS getting Lecavalier and Ponikarovsky back after all. If you're so anal about Johnson and still think he's the 2nd coming of Christ just replace him with Teubert as the guy going back to TOR.

And way to put lipstick on a pig. Stoll and Handzus are basically the same thing. Edmonton is dying for a huge physical center.

Old
06-01-2009, 12:07 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Yeah, Toronto wants to take the 2nd worst contract in the league while giving up 2 better, cheaper players.

If you wanna write mindnumbing homerific bull**** at least rip off somebody's else's trade other than mine. Maybe LA trades Quincey for Redden as well? I mean, if Toronto doesn't mind Horcoff for Ponikarovsky and Blake... LA IS getting Lecavalier and Ponikarovsky back after all. If you're so anal about Johnson and still think he's the 2nd coming of Christ just replace him with Teubert as the guy going back to TOR.

And way to put lipstick on a pig. Stoll and Handzus are basically the same thing. Edmonton is dying for a huge physical center.
hahaha Handzus gets paid 4 million a year while Stoll gets 3.4.. Handzus is 31, Stoll is 26. I'd much rather have Stoll than Handzus..

Your trade didn't even make sense in the first place lol, I didn't rip it off of you, I quoted it lol. You're the biggest clown.. Who would ever do a Jason Blake and Alexei Ponikarovsky for Jack Johnson and Shawn Horcoff.. That's the biggest strike, you're obviously a Leafs fans..

Blake and Ponikarovsky are no way better than Horcoff lol..

Old
06-01-2009, 02:04 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
I messed up on expected compensation rates. Meant an offer sheet around 4-4.25 million. Thought 3.9 was top for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, not 1st and 3rd.

As for the team? Capitals. I ****ing want him as a RW on one of our top lines. Badly. Even if it puts him out of position. Who cares. We tell him to run around and **** people up and Ovechkin and Backstrom have all the space in the world while Callahan is concussing everybody in sight while being there to carry on a play if he has to. Absolute money.

I'm saying this because at this point Callahan isn't a 4 million guy (though I think he'll get there). Rangers should probably expect to retain him for what Brooks Laich, David Backes or Steve Bernier got as FA's ~2.5 million. However, if he got ~4 and Rangers match, that's a pretty hefty salary given all their other commitments, and if they don't, it's a 1st, 2nd and 3rd going their way.
For the Rangers to match, they'd probably have to let Antropov walk. No idea if the Rangers would match though. 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks would be nice, but we wouldn't get them until 2010. And odds are that the caps will be good next year, so the picks will all be near the end of the round. Personally, I think I'd rather have Callahan.

If Slats doesn't get him and Dubi signed before July 1st, I will not be happy.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Alex28*

Quote:
hahaha Handzus gets paid 4 million a year while Stoll gets 3.4.. Handzus is 31, Stoll is 26. I'd much rather have Stoll than Handzus..

Your trade didn't even make sense in the first place lol, I didn't rip it off of you, I quoted it lol. You're the biggest clown.. Who would ever do a Jason Blake and Alexei Ponikarovsky for Jack Johnson and Shawn Horcoff.. That's the biggest strike, you're obviously a Leafs fans..

Blake and Ponikarovsky are no way better than Horcoff lol..
Um, let's see.

Blake puts up better numbers than Horcoff (he's actually a 60 point player), while getting paid 1.6 million lower and not having the luxury of riding Hemsky's coattails. Oh, and his contract's not as long.

Ponikarovsky puts up better numbers than Horcoff, while getting paid 3.6 million lower and not having the luxury of riding Hemsky's coattails.

But bravo, you're trying to penny pinch while getting VL4 and a 25g 40a winger with a ridiculously sweet contract, lol.

How about you actually look at the deal based on what each side gives up and gets, not who walks away as the presumed winner. You're so preoccupied with Toronto making bank (while completely failing to realize how poisonous Horcoff's contract is and that Blake and Ponikarovsky are quality assets) that you don't see how much LA wins out.

Suppose you switch Johnson to Teubert and Stoll to Handzus, and LA throws in a 3rd this year (going Edmonton's way) since Handzus is a downgrade from Stoll, and Gilbert is a pretty valuable player.

Then, LA would give up Hickey, Teubert, Handzus, 5th overall and 3rd for Lecavalier and Ponikarovsky.

Does LA win out? Hell yeah. They have pretty much the same lineup as this year (minus Stoll), except with Lecavalier and Ponikarovsky added. Ponikarovsky is a significant upgrade over Calder, and Lecavalier is a massive upgrade over Stoll. This pretty much puts LA in the playoffs or very close. LA's top 6 alone would easily score 150 goals and likely 175 if everyone plays up to their potential, (Lecavalier 40, Frolov 30, Kopitar 30, Brown 30, Williams 20, Ponikarovsky 25).

Old
06-01-2009, 03:14 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Um, let's see.

Blake puts up better numbers than Horcoff (he's actually a 60 point player), while getting paid 1.6 million lower and not having the luxury of riding Hemsky's coattails. Oh, and his contract's not as long.

Ponikarovsky puts up better numbers than Horcoff, while getting paid 3.6 million lower and not having the luxury of riding Hemsky's coattails.

But bravo, you're trying to penny pinch while getting VL4 and a 25g 40a winger with a ridiculously sweet contract, lol.

How about you actually look at the deal based on what each side gives up and gets, not who walks away as the presumed winner. You're so preoccupied with Toronto making bank (while completely failing to realize how poisonous Horcoff's contract is and that Blake and Ponikarovsky are quality assets) that you don't see how much LA wins out.

Suppose you switch Johnson to Teubert and Stoll to Handzus, and LA throws in a 3rd this year (going Edmonton's way) since Handzus is a downgrade from Stoll, and Gilbert is a pretty valuable player.

Then, LA would give up Hickey, Teubert, Handzus, 5th overall and 3rd for Lecavalier and Ponikarovsky.

Does LA win out? Hell yeah. They have pretty much the same lineup as this year (minus Stoll), except with Lecavalier and Ponikarovsky added. Ponikarovsky is a significant upgrade over Calder, and Lecavalier is a massive upgrade over Stoll. This pretty much puts LA in the playoffs or very close. LA's top 6 alone would easily score 150 goals and likely 175 if everyone plays up to their potential, (Lecavalier 40, Frolov 30, Kopitar 30, Brown 30, Williams 20, Ponikarovsky 25).
We can't deal both Hickey and Teubert away.. I can see them one of them going, not both.. Lol, but that 4 way deal was a nice try..

Old
06-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Kingjordan

Quote:
We can't deal both Hickey and Teubert away.. I can see them one of them going, not both.. Lol, but that 4 way deal was a nice try..
i would rather keep Hickey out of the Two... WOW people loving deals with LA

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Jwm1986

i agree.. no way hickey and teubert get traded together.. and to be honest... i think they would play great together..

i would rather add voinov to the trade..

in my personal opinion... if we had to trade one out of teubert and hickey.. im trading hickey.. We have noone else in our system who does what teubert does, but we have a bunch of offensive, puck moving dmen similar to hickey

Last edited by Jwm1986: 06-03-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Agreed. They solve a lot of problems.

Frolov - Kopitar - Williams
Sturm - Stoll - Brown
Poni - Handzus - Simmonds

That's not the most attractive lineup by a stretch but I think it's better than last year's. Add to that the possibility of Lecavalier and you've got something dangerous.
i think u guys will sign gabby and moen

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 10:20 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

Yeah these so called cast offs the leafs are putting up to get Horcoff actually look better then him. Let me put this into perspective for you.

last seasons stats

Horcoff age 30 80 gp 17 goals 36 assists 53pts salary for next season 7 million 6 years left cap hit 5.5
Blake age 34 78 gp 25 goals 38 assists 63pts salary for next season 4.5 million 3 years left cap hit 4 million
Ponikarovsky age 29 82gp 23 goals 38 assists 61pts salary for next season 2.5 million 1 year left cap hit 2.105 million

So Blake who is supposedly overpaid at 4 million a year isn't worth a guy who is four years younger who can't even produce at his rate and has a longer contract for 1.5 million a season more. But to top that off we have to include a guy who is also arguably better that is paid 2.5 million. Yeah I think I'll pass. Leafs fans make a lot of bad proposals but yours is just as bad. But your homerizm shines through in your thinking that your getting the 2nd overall, Vinnie and Poni for the 5th overall, 32yrs old Handzus who is your 2nd highest paid player and one of Hickey/Teubert. Give your head a shake. Oh let me guess Vinnie's contract is brutal so your doing the Lightning a favor by taking him and for that they must include the 2nd overall. The only team that get's better in your 4 way is LA. So yeah I can see why you must keep Jack. So to sum up no thanks from Toronto.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 10:27 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Um, let's see.

Looks like we were posting at the same time.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 10:51 PM
MxH0CKEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by awright1393 View Post
Its been mentioned a 100 times before, but I think its a good fit if you need a big scoring LW.

TOR: 5th overall, a 3rd
LA: Ponikorvsky, 7th overall

LA still gets a great pick, (one of MSP, Kane, Cowen, and unlikely-Schenn). Ponikorovsky can play 2nd line to Frolov, who doesn't need to be a superstar, so long as the top line is high quality. Poni should put in 20-25g 50-65p. Great forecheck, good 2-way play. Any situation guy. This trade allows LA to load up their top line and maximize Frolov and Kopitar. Or have 2 great lines to try and shut down.
TO gets the guy we all assume we want. --->B. Schenn

If LA were to need to throw away salary, I'm sure we could handle similar salary to Poni, but not more then 1 year. IF there were a dump, I'd imagine the 3rd would upgrade to a 2nd or decent prospect. (7.5c?)
Sounds Fair..
That is a done deal!

MxH0CKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 10:55 PM
MxH0CKEY

I say the kings just sign either Havlat, Gaborik or
Hossa(Even though it probably won't happen)

I don't see why we should make that many changes..
We have a 5th overall and enough money to sign one of the above...

But what I really would hope for is the Sedin Twins to LA...
Do not see any chance of it happening but just think of this:

Sedin-Sedin-Kopitar!!!

MxH0CKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Palffy33 View Post
I say the kings just sign either Havlat, Gaborik or
Hossa(Even though it probably won't happen)

I don't see why we should make that many changes..
We have a 5th overall and enough money to sign one of the above...

But what I really would hope for is the Sedin Twins to LA...
Do not see any chance of it happening but just think of this:

Sedin-Sedin-Kopitar!!!
That would be pretty cool. That is an option i haven't heard LA fans talk about. They have an excellent core of young players, and i believe it is possible for them to attract a big free agent, or maybe 2. Can Kopitar play wing?

Last edited by Chandrashekhar Limit: 06-03-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 12:54 AM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT View Post
That would be pretty cool. That is an option i haven't heard LA fans talk about. They have an excellent core of young players, and i believe it is possible for them to attract a big free agent, or maybe 2. Can Kopitar play wing?
That's my question as well. It irks me when people just throw around players to whatever position. I'm sure he could adapt but would he be as effective. Look at Handzus. He CAN play the left as we've seen this year, but he just wasn't the same.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 03:14 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Um, let's see.

This is how i feel.......

Last edited by Cruel11: 06-04-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote