HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Barret Jackman to the Islanders

Old
06-03-2009, 06:21 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Not to worry. Islander fans (some of them) wouldn't touch him, obviously.

After all, when you possess the likes of Bruno Gervais and Jack Hillen on your blueline (and the mighty Hamonic on the horizon), who needs him?
and other isle fans will take him, regardless of how erratic his play's been the last 2 seasons or how his salary would impact other moves.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles72 View Post
I liked what I saw with the small sampling of JJ and as we both know -the isles could use his size and scrappiness in the lineup
I agree with you that they need it. I'm simply not as easily impressed as many NYI fans are of any guy who is young and who can stand up straight on skates, which is all we've seen to date from JJ.

And I also believe that the team is sorely lacking in wheels up front (And mobility on the backline. With the exception of Streit, those who are mobile - Gervais; Hillen; Meyer, Martinek - are limited, talent wise.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
and other isle fans will take him, regardless of how erratic his play's been the last 2 seasons or how his salary would impact other moves.
Have to say, surprised to see you lower yourself to the fantasyleaguitis mentality of only pining for players when they are hot (and typically unavailable).

We can disagree about Jackman, but your reasoning is untypically sophomoric.

I mean, guess NYI ought to make a move for Green, Chara or Lidstrom? After all, they are all Norris Finalists and coming off of good seasons. (Of course, two are them are too old and expensive for your liking. )

Cheap, highly productive and under age 22. The NYI dreamteam of some.

Emphasize "dream".

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 05:40 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT 91 NYI View Post
Mighty Hamonic?
Should be interesting to see how he develops. Some folks here who attended the Isles' prospect camp last summer had good things to say about him.

Considered more-or-less a defensive Dman, he put up 40 points and got lots of ice time in all situations for a lousy Moose Jaw team, one that went 19-50-3. He played on the top pairing but went -31 (ouch) in the process (his partner Ryan Stanton even went -40). I believe Hamonic officially logged in with 9 fights too.

He was invited to Team Canada's WJC camp and was among the later cuts.

Considering he was ranked somewhere between 75-90 in NA going into last summer's draft, the Islanders picking him #53 overall would have to be considered a real bit of a reach. Still, it seems they were certain that they were getting a commodity they wanted to have.

Hope they're ultimately right.

Coming in at 6'0", 195 lbs., his size is nothing to write home about, but is pretty much the same as, for example, Barrett Jackman's.

Last edited by Chapin Landvogt: 06-04-2009 at 06:08 AM.
Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote