HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Yeah, another Vinny thread/poll

View Poll Results: Why is Vinny a bad fit for the Kings?
He is, and always has been overrated 5 19.23%
His best years are behind him 1 3.85%
His cap hit will eventually hurt our ability to stay competitive 14 53.85%
We'll still miss the playoffs without an elite winger 3 11.54%
I want to hold on to our prospects 2 7.69%
I just hate his face 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-03-2009, 03:35 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
I don't think I've seen Kopitar in one but I'm sure it is bad.

The worst is Dion Phaneuf's facial expression when he says "your watching the NHL Network". It is almost as homo-erotic as that signed Dustin Brown photo they sent out season ticketholders a few years ago where he is holding the stick above shoulders and arms wearing workout clothes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
How about Kopitar? That commercial makes him look like an dumb****.
Kopitar's commercial is pretty awful. Frankenmonster.

The worst part about Phanuef's is that EVERY highlite they show of him is a flying elbow! It absolutely floors me that not only do they never suspend him for his goonery, THEY MARKET IT! Watch his highlite reel closesly next time. Every hit is led with an elbow and I think he even leaves his feet in one. Incredible.

And yes, his face is puke worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
I'm for the trade assuming we don't give up too much but I chose "I hate his face" because I can't stand those NHL network commercial he is in. Dion Phaneuf is ten times worse in them but Vinny is pretty annoying and it makes me angry when I hear that play by play announcer say "ohhhh and finally Luuuuundquist cooooovers uuuuup".

Does anyone hate those NHL Network commercials as much as I do?
I can't decide whether I find it disgusting or hilarious. His face when he says that bothers me the most, but his voice is pretty funny. The way he throws his head back like he had been waiting weeks for Lundvquist to get the puck. Something tells me it had been a while before his last bathroom break... he looks a little too 'relieved' in that video, if you catch my drift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyfur View Post
since i'm still a bit on the fence about this, although i am leaning towards the 'for it' side, i think one of the options you should have up there is : i'm afraid what we'll have to give up will be too much. that's the biggest thing for me.

what is too much? that's a different story.

i said a poll like this should have been done along time ago bc it seems like a waste of time arguing over whether it's a good idea or not when we don't know the entire terms of the deal, i guess that's what the trade forum board is for.
My sarcasm got the better of me and just came out with "I want to hold on to our prospects." Forgot there is a thing call roster players...

How do I edit a poll? I can't figure it out, but everyone seems to want a "I think this thread is stupid because there is no option for me to vote for because I didn't bother reading the OP" option. I'm happy to oblige, but, how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
When I looked at the poll, I felt like I was being asked: "When did you STOP beating your dog?"

Well, I didnt, because I never started beating my dog, primarily because I dont have one!

I think a trade for VL would be good, depending of course, on what we have to give up to get him.

If you want to fix the poll, I think one of the choices should be:
"Because KriticalKing says so!"
You hush, there's no place in this thread for people I agree with!

You should get a dog.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 03:57 PM
lak4ever

When do I get the "I voted" sticker?

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 08:09 PM
LAKings4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Because that should be obvious

I did say this was only for those against it.

I'm trying to better understand the enemy.
I voted, didn't know it was only for the haters and I am in favor of getting Vinnie - I chose was the option that we still wouldn't make the playoffs without an elite winger. Even if we get an elite winger, we still have a hole at 2nd line center so we need both to get where we want to be.

LAKings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 09:36 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
I'm against getting Lecavalier only becuase of what I feel we'd have to give up to get him. I'm fine with trading prospects, but there are certain people that I don't want to see dealt PERIOD.

I have no problem with the Kings acquiring Vinny as long as we don't have to give up Frolov, Johnson or Simmonds to get him. I love Moller, but I could get past dealing him for Vinny. Obvioulsy Doughty, Kopi, Brown can't be dealt either. I'd offer Moller, Stoll, choice of Voinov/Teubert and a 2nd rd in 09. Anything beyond that, and TB can keep Vinny and his contract.

I guess the bottom line is this, I'm not dead-set against trading for Vinny, I just like other options a LOT more. Sign Gaborik, Hossa or Havlat (only costs $$$ and not assets). Trade for Simone Gagne (a more ideal fit for our needs IMO and younger/cheaper than VL).
I agree with ya...
Sign Havlat,Gaborik, or Hossa
I rather add than give away

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 11:33 AM
VictoryRose

It figures, the most ridiculous concern of all, the cap hit, is leading the charge.

What about a fluctuating/escalating salary cap is so hard to understand?

We just had a world financial meltdown and MIGHT experience a nominal contraction. What, you expect it to just stay there?

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 11:35 AM
VictoryRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKings4ever View Post
I voted, didn't know it was only for the haters and I am in favor of getting Vinnie - I chose was the option that we still wouldn't make the playoffs without an elite winger. Even if we get an elite winger, we still have a hole at 2nd line center so we need both to get where we want to be.
What if adding Vinny turns one or more of Brown, JW, Frolov, or (unlikely) Loktionov/Moller into elite wingers?

Wingers do not shoulder the loads on teams that are good. The elite teams are carried on the backs of their centers and goaltenders.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote