HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Draft Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-25-2009, 12:37 PM
  #251
Vito_81
Registered User
 
Vito_81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpressedDAHagent View Post
Vanek Schroeder Stafford. sounds like a bright future
Minus the Stafford part.

Vito_81 is offline  
Old
05-25-2009, 03:26 PM
  #252
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres
 
ImpressedDAHagent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 7,682
vCash: 500
lol

so kassin was on the canadian jr team right? if thats the case color me not interested. he caused more chaos then was necessary at times.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline  
Old
05-26-2009, 11:19 AM
  #253
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
If I understand your point correctly. You feel they should draft best available and the try and sort out needs afterwards.

When have they ever done that though?
When they took Mika in the 1st!

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
05-26-2009, 11:49 AM
  #254
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres
 
ImpressedDAHagent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 7,682
vCash: 500
man i just finished watching this ennis highlight video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhGgG...eature=related. what we need is speed and a shot to match. i guess the question should be which forwards don't we like?


Last edited by ImpressedDAHagent: 05-26-2009 at 11:58 AM.
ImpressedDAHagent is offline  
Old
05-26-2009, 01:55 PM
  #255
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,864
vCash: 500
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=4...DraftMicrosite

NHL.com has an article up on Leblanc.

It has some pretty good insight on his decision to go the NCAA route.

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
05-26-2009, 02:23 PM
  #256
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,483
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=4...DraftMicrosite

NHL.com has an article up on Leblanc.

It has some pretty good insight on his decision to go the NCAA route.
Him and Krieder are right in Darcy's wheelhouse -- going NCAA, good all-around players, both currently playing center. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
05-27-2009, 08:10 AM
  #257
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Him and Krieder are right in Darcy's wheelhouse -- going NCAA, good all-around players, both currently playing center. Decisions, decisions, decisions....
Hey, Stafford in '04 is the last time they went NCAA/Jr A in the 1st.......

In fact, Stafford is the last 1st or 2nd rounder the Sabres have used on a guy that ended up playing college hockey.

But we all know that they'll go off the board and take a goalie.

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
05-27-2009, 10:20 AM
  #258
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,483
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Hey, Stafford in '04 is the last time they went NCAA/Jr A in the 1st.......

In fact, Stafford is the last 1st or 2nd rounder the Sabres have used on a guy that ended up playing college hockey.

But we all know that they'll go off the board and take a goalie.
Thinking in terms of guys like Finehage, Jokinen, Tropp, Eno, Eidsness, Generous, MacKenzie, Biega, Orpik, Gerbe, Butler etc.... NCAA is Regier's new Europe.

As for Kreider, another NEHJ link: http://www.hockeyjournal.com/Article.php?ArtID=484080

Kirk says they will have a few more in the series as Chris goes through the combine workouts.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
05-27-2009, 12:53 PM
  #259
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Thinking in terms of guys like Finehage, Jokinen, Tropp, Eno, Eidsness, Generous, MacKenzie, Biega, Orpik, Gerbe, Butler etc.... NCAA is Regier's new Europe.

As for Kreider, another NEHJ link: http://www.hockeyjournal.com/Article.php?ArtID=484080

Kirk says they will have a few more in the series as Chris goes through the combine workouts.
Boyle is training a BC recruit........


WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
05-27-2009, 01:01 PM
  #260
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,483
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Boyle is training a BC recruit........

What's your concern with Mike Boyle? Seriously -- I know you are big into training techniques.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
05-28-2009, 07:59 AM
  #261
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
What's your concern with Mike Boyle? Seriously -- I know you are big into training techniques.
I was joking.

Since Mike is the BU Hockey S&C coach, I found it funny that his business was working with a BC recruit and all.

That rivalry is no joke.

I have a lot of respect for Boyle. In fact, I think Gaborik should start working with Mike in the off season to try and fix his issues.

If I were an agent, Pro Camp Sports and Body by Boyle are the two places I'd try and send my guys.

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
05-28-2009, 09:48 AM
  #262
CupWanted
#19 The Future
 
CupWanted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
Screw BC and BU. I'm rooting for atrition.
-Miami University Graduate

CupWanted is offline  
Old
05-28-2009, 11:15 AM
  #263
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
I was joking.

Since Mike is the BU Hockey S&C coach, I found it funny that his business was working with a BC recruit and all.

That rivalry is no joke.

I have a lot of respect for Boyle. In fact, I think Gaborik should start working with Mike in the off season to try and fix his issues.

If I were an agent, Pro Camp Sports and Body by Boyle are the two places I'd try and send my guys.
Yes. Boyle working with a BC guy should cause a scandal around here...

**** 'em up, **** 'em up, BC SUCKS!!

New Sabres Captain is online now  
Old
05-28-2009, 05:46 PM
  #264
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres
 
ImpressedDAHagent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 7,682
vCash: 500
i had a dream that we drafted Nazim Kadri.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline  
Old
05-28-2009, 06:08 PM
  #265
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpressedDAHagent View Post
i had a dream that we drafted Nazim Kadri.
I wouldn't be very happy with that, though more happy than I would be if they draft a defenseman.

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
05-29-2009, 09:50 AM
  #266
Jim Carr's Rug
Registered User
 
Jim Carr's Rug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 500
I'm getting kind of excited about Louis Leblanc. Seems like a safe pick, with good upside. 2 way center, smart kid with a good work ethic. Yes please.

Anyone want to take a guess as to which team(s) ahead of us are a threat to pick him up ahead of us?

Jim Carr's Rug is offline  
Old
05-29-2009, 12:07 PM
  #267
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,483
vCash: 500
Awards:
I think Leblanc is there but does not make it into the 20's. I see Mike Richards there - nothing bad about that.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
06-02-2009, 09:38 AM
  #268
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,864
vCash: 500
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=4...DraftMicrosite

Here is a cool article on Bandits legend John Tavares influence on his nephew.

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
06-04-2009, 04:23 PM
  #269
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,357
vCash: 500
if only we had drafted Ryan Parent over Marek Zagrapan, and then Patrick Berglund over Denis Persson the following year...

Jame is offline  
Old
06-04-2009, 07:00 PM
  #270
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
if only we had drafted Ryan Parent over Marek Zagrapan, and then Patrick Berglund over Denis Persson the following year...

Don't forget my fav,


If only we had drafted Brooks Orpik instead of Artem Kriukov in 2000

joshjull is offline  
Old
06-10-2009, 11:42 AM
  #271
jayintro86
Registered User
 
jayintro86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cheektowaga
Country: United States
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Anybody else think we should draft/ trade up to get John Moore

here is his prospect page: http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...d=5495&tab=prf

things i like about him:

6'2" Offensive Defenseman, patterns his game after Scott Niedermayer

Imagine him with Myers?

jayintro86 is offline  
Old
06-10-2009, 01:59 PM
  #272
Ddubs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leesburg, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Don't forget my fav,


If only we had drafted Brooks Orpik instead of Artem Kriukov in 2000
Can you guys please stop, it's making me feel nauseated.

Ddubs is offline  
Old
06-10-2009, 02:03 PM
  #273
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,483
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaintro View Post
Anybody else think we should draft/ trade up to get John Moore

here is his prospect page: http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...d=5495&tab=prf

things i like about him:

6'2" Offensive Defenseman, patterns his game after Scott Niedermayer

Imagine him with Myers?
Eh. I'm not overly thrilled with Moore, but he could be an option if he falls into the teens.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
06-10-2009, 04:36 PM
  #274
ugotmybeef*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: LA BABY!!
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
you guys should look over at Mess' scouting report. He has a great eye for talent.

ugotmybeef* is offline  
Old
06-11-2009, 01:43 PM
  #275
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster
 
Buffaloed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,934
vCash: 1390
Sabres TV at NHL Combine - it's a bit late but some might find it interesting
http://sabres.nhl.tv/team/console.js...d=668&id=43141

Buffaloed is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.