HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dogs on the Radio now!

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Aarex

vCash: 500
Yeah, when they said season tickets were 350 dollars i almost left a package in my undies.

Old
10-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan

We're going to the PP.
Are you Prince Charles or something ? How do you manage to understand all of that ?

Old
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
Yeah, when they said season tickets were 350 dollars i almost left a package in my undies.

It would be so great

Old
Aarex

So cheap lol

Old
10-06-2004, 07:35 PM
sabrefan27

Hamilton should be winning this game, based purely on the rosters.

Old
10-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
Are you Prince Charles or something ? How do you manage to understand all of that ?

I cranked the sound up to the maximum on my cpu...still isn't great, but you can hear the basic stuff.

Old
10-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27
Hamilton should be winning this game, based purely on the rosters.
Look at you putting pressure on our squad. We'll take none of that !

Old
10-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan

I cranked the sound up to the maximum on my cpu...still isn't great, but you can hear the basic stuff.
Basic stuff like.. chhhhhhhrrrrrrrrr ... crrrrrrrrrrr.. chhhrrrrrrrr ?

Old
10-06-2004, 07:50 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

3-2 bad guys.

Old
10-06-2004, 08:24 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

The AHL website don't update the game result. It's weird. I have to follow this thread to know the game result. Who have a good game?

Old
10-06-2004, 08:36 PM
sabrefan27

I've enjoyed the Hamilton broadcasters. Very fair and not biased at all towards the Bulldogs.

Old
10-06-2004, 08:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
The AHL website don't update the game result. It's weird. I have to follow this thread to know the game result. Who have a good game?

Sounds like Higgins did well again. Milroy had a few chances, Kostitsyn had one good one. Lambert also seemed to have a good game, his first in the AHL. Sounds like Vanek was the player of the game though.

Old
10-06-2004, 09:01 PM
scosar

Well Dan.

I do live there and went to the game.
I was sitting in the same section as Gainey and Savard. Both stayed for the whole game and were constantly signing autographs. The rest of the Bulldogs who weren't dressed were there. I didn't see Komisarek but I would have swore the blonde guy there was Hossa but I read he was in Europe.

The first line of Plekanec Higgins and Milroy looked very good. In the third period they took Milroy off the first line and switched him with Kost. Milroy then played on Otts line. He looked good on both lines while Kost didn't do much playing with Ott and the other Stars Prospect. When Kost played on the top line he got away lots of shots. Three in a row on one play, but he did nothing out of the ordinary tonight and I went there just to see him do something to bring me out of my seat. He kept trying to stickhandle accross the blueline instead of dumping it in or passing and got stopped every time. Plekanec played a very good two way game as did Higgins. Higgins was more solid on his skates though and looked ready for the big club. Milroy looked good but failed to convert on two or three bullet passes that Higgins fired accross the creast.

Locke was the player of the game for Hamilton. I was suprised that he was as quick as he was as all I have read here is that he is too slow. He undressed an Amerk at the blue line and made a great pass on the second goal. He was hustling all night. Sorry to tell you but the short handed goal wasn't that great. Terrific effort by Higgins but he was directing at the net with Plekanec charging. It was at the far end so I couldn't see if it was deflected by the dman or went straight in.

By the second period, Locke was playing with Lambert and Ferland and they showed a great work ethic and created lots of chances. Urquhart didn't do much all night. He started playing with Lambert and Ferland but was replaced by Locke. He did have one good shift in the third on the powerplay.

Michaud played well in the Bulldog net. He faced 40 shots and a lot of close in pressure. Danis was the backup but didn't see any time.

The defense was the weakest link although Plante stepped up and scored the second goal on a feed from Locke. Archer looked slow and had difficutly turning he fell a couple of times and took an interference penalty when a speedy forward attacked his wing.

The play of the night was the Vanek goal. A thing of beauty as he cut accross the net and reached back and threw it in the top corner. Michaud stopped him on a similar breakaway five minutes later.

I have to get off the net to let my daughter on, so if you have any questions I will answer them in the morning.

Old
10-06-2004, 09:09 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by scosar
Well Dan.

I do live there and went to the game.
I was sitting in the same section as Gainey and Savard. Both stayed for the whole game and were constantly signing autographs. The rest of the Bulldogs who weren't dressed were there. I didn't see Komisarek but I would have swore the blonde guy there was Hossa but I read he was in Europe.

The first line of Plekanec Higgins and Milroy looked very good. In the third period they took Milroy off the first line and switched him with Kost. Milroy then played on Otts line. He looked good on both lines while Kost didn't do much playing with Ott and the other Stars Prospect. When Kost played on the top line he got away lots of shots. Three in a row on one play, but he did nothing out of the ordinary tonight and I went there just to see him do something to bring me out of my seat. He kept trying to stickhandle accross the blueline instead of dumping it in or passing and got stopped every time. Plekanec played a very good two way game as did Higgins. Higgins was more solid on his skates though and looked ready for the big club. Milroy looked good but failed to convert on two or three bullet passes that Higgins fired accross the creast.

Locke was the player of the game for Hamilton. I was suprised that he was as quick as he was as all I have read here is that he is too slow. He undressed an Amerk at the blue line and made a great pass on the second goal. He was hustling all night. Sorry to tell you but the short handed goal wasn't that great. Terrific effort by Higgins but he was directing at the net with Plekanec charging. It was at the far end so I couldn't see if it was deflected by the dman or went straight in.

By the second period, Locke was playing with Lambert and Ferland and they showed a great work ethic and created lots of chances. Urquhart didn't do much all night. He started playing with Lambert and Ferland but was replaced by Locke. He did have one good shift in the third on the powerplay.

Michaud played well in the Bulldog net. He faced 40 shots and a lot of close in pressure. Danis was the backup but didn't see any time.

The defense was the weakest link although Plante stepped up and scored the second goal on a feed from Locke. Archer looked slow and had difficutly turning he fell a couple of times and took an interference penalty when a speedy forward attacked his wing.

The play of the night was the Vanek goal. A thing of beauty as he cut accross the net and reached back and threw it in the top corner. Michaud stopped him on a similar breakaway five minutes later.

I have to get off the net to let my daughter on, so if you have any questions I will answer them in the morning.

Thanks for the report. It sounded again like Urquhart was having some troubles. Great to hear that Locke played well. I am disappointed to hear Archer didn't play well, but I don't think he will see a lot of ice time this season as I assume, Komisarek, Hainsey, Daley, and maybe Jancevski are the top 4. The top 3 should be set for sure with those 3 all having NHL experience. Jancevski, Archer, Cote, Plante, should fill out the rest. With Jancevski and Plante having more experience, I would expect them to see much more ice time. Too bad for Shasby who looks ECHL bound as long as Hainsey signs.

Old
10-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Aarex

Yeah, I was quite disappointed in the first two periods because Kostsitsyn seemed invisible...But in the third period it seemed like every 3 word was about Kostsitsyn and about how "he can really shoot that thing"

Vanek sounds like one hell of a prospect as well. Buffalo should be pretty pleased with him and their goal tending, it sounded like the amerks were getting shelled but their goal tending was top notch.

Old
10-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
Yeah, I was quite disappointed in the first two periods because Kostsitsyn seemed invisible...But in the third period it seemed like every 3 word was about Kostsitsyn and about how "he can really shoot that thing"

Vanek sounds like one hell of a prospect as well. Buffalo should be pretty pleased with him and their goal tending, it sounded like the amerks were getting shelled but their goal tending was top notch.
I think we have to be a bit more patient with Kostitsyn, because after all it did take Perezhogan (a guy in a simular situation) a good month or two after the regular season started, to get settled in......

I really dont think we will start seeing the true Kostitsyn untill about christmas, but hey if im wrong, the better off we will all be.....

Old
10-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Razorblade

For the most part the forwards looked good tonight. Locke impressed me in particular, very quick, good moves. He could be a key player this year for the Dogs if playing with some big linemates. Ott looked really good, as did Plekanec. Kostitsyn played a sound game, and showed a lot of heart and effort on the ice, something that could not be said for Lambert, whose performance I thought was quite lacklustre.

Higgins looks a lot different than last year, much bigger like someone earlier said, and will probably improve on his stellar rookie year.

On defence, I was really impressed with Daley, he seems to have a lot of confidence coming up the ice, he and Komisarek would make a great d pair. Cote and Plante were solid, nothing special, but it drops off right after that. Jancevski was nothing spectacular, but he'll probably land the 6th dman spot assuming Hainsey and Komisarek arrive in Hamilton. I can't see Sanford landing a spot due to his size, and Archer just doesn't have it. Too many mistakes, not solid at all, the only thing he's got is his size, but when he's out of position that doesn't really help. As long as Komisarek and Hainsey come down, the d should be ok.

Old
10-07-2004, 10:06 AM

Well judging game reports (thanks fellas! ) Locke looks good out there, good to see him not affected by the bigger players, if he can produce at this level them my doubts about him will diminish by a huge margin, I knew he wasn't a slow skater, i've seen a quite a few times in Ottawa and at the rookie tournament and although he dosen't have explosive speed, he's a good skater and he's very agile, I think he's quicker with the puck then he is without.

I hope nobody starts lamenting about Kostitsyn, he's got 2 pts in 3 games, and correct me if i'm wrong, it took 10 or so games before Perezhogin started to produce regularly, so IMO, he's more advanced at this point than Perez was at this time last year, and we all know how dominant Perez was in the second half, so really i'm quite pleased about what i've read about Kostitsyn, anything you read about him, the one thing that's always mentionned is his shot...

Great to hear about Higgins and Plekanec too, IMO, both of them could make the Habs team right now, no doubt about it!

Old
10-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Moskau

vCash: 67
Although I love when fans from division rivals compliment Buffalo's Players I have to tell you guys.... the two goalies in net for the Amerks weren't even prospects of Buffalo. They will both be in the ECHL next month most likely.

Old
10-07-2004, 10:42 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau
Although I love when fans from division rivals compliment Buffalo's Players I have to tell you guys.... the two goalies in net for the Amerks weren't even prospects of Buffalo. They will both be in the ECHL next month most likely.
If it makes you feel any better: Michaud will also probably be in the ECHL next month...

Old
10-07-2004, 10:47 AM
Moskau

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
If it makes you feel any better: Michaud will also probably be in the ECHL next month...
Not until Jiri Novotny scored on him...

Old
10-07-2004, 11:01 AM
Aarex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau
Not until Jiri Novotny scored on him...
Theres no way Michard would replace Ellis or Danis...

And your previous comment just shows how strong buffalo's goalie depth really is...They've always have been good at developing netminders though so its not really a suprise.

Closed Thread