HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

18th Obsequious Banter Thread: The Atomic Number of Cannon

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Kambo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Hey opus, when does the Pocono 500 vBookie page go up? I'd like to place my bet before I leave...
****. Is the Poconos race this Sunday already? I've kinda lost track the past month with Nascar since I haven't really been home on the weekends to watch the races. I need to make sure I get to the August race then.

Old
06-05-2009, 07:26 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Wow the Field Odds are horrible now. I actually have to look up stats now to see who's good and who's not at Pocono.

Old
06-05-2009, 07:42 AM
JSTAFF

I know there was some cop bashing on here before about out of state licensed drivers so I thought I would post my morning commute festivities today. Getting off an off-ramp everyday for work there is a stop sign and a HUGE backup here. When there is a chance to go, everyone just rolls through the stop sign or gets beeped at and **** thrown at their car. Today, car 1 goes through, followed by car 2, then me, then car 4. A cop is standing around the corner in the middle of the road, watches the first 2 cars go by, points at me and pulls me over, and then lets the guy behind me drive by.

He comes up to my window with the whole do you know what you did wrong thing. I said no officer, he says you ran the stop sign. At this point I said well the 2 in front of me and the car behind me did the same exact thing. He follows this by saying "Here in Pennsylvania we dont run stop signs." I say I live in PA as well and work here. Asks for my license and registration (both NJ), and says, "as i expected , NJ license." Comes back with my ticket for running a stop sign and says, "running a stop sign does not have any points HERE IN PA, enjoy your stay in PA and be safe."

Mother ****ing stupid ****ign cops. It was clear I was the only one to get pulled over because I was a young guy driving a BMW and have NJ plates. **** all of you cops, the bad ones are way too ****** to make up for the few good ones.

Old
06-05-2009, 07:44 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
Has this been posted yet?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4232301

Bruins to play Caps or Flyers at Fenway
That got mentioned in the Sunday Globe this past Sunday...I'm pretty psyched for that either way, honestly. Don't know if I'd actually be able to go, but I'd try my hardest to.

Old
06-05-2009, 07:57 AM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
I love whoever thought this idea up.

Delicious.

By far the best ****ing snack ever made. I get that **** wherever I go. 4 of the best snacks mixed into one bag. **** is delic

Old
06-05-2009, 08:01 AM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
I know there was some cop bashing on here before about out of state licensed drivers so I thought I would post my morning commute festivities today. Getting off an off-ramp everyday for work there is a stop sign and a HUGE backup here. When there is a chance to go, everyone just rolls through the stop sign or gets beeped at and **** thrown at their car. Today, car 1 goes through, followed by car 2, then me, then car 4. A cop is standing around the corner in the middle of the road, watches the first 2 cars go by, points at me and pulls me over, and then lets the guy behind me drive by.

He comes up to my window with the whole do you know what you did wrong thing. I said no officer, he says you ran the stop sign. At this point I said well the 2 in front of me and the car behind me did the same exact thing. He follows this by saying "Here in Pennsylvania we dont run stop signs." I say I live in PA as well and work here. Asks for my license and registration (both NJ), and says, "as i expected , NJ license." Comes back with my ticket for running a stop sign and says, "running a stop sign does not have any points HERE IN PA, enjoy your stay in PA and be safe."

Mother ****ing stupid ****ign cops. It was clear I was the only one to get pulled over because I was a young guy driving a BMW and have NJ plates. **** all of you cops, the bad ones are way too ****** to make up for the few good ones.
Wow that is some ****ing ******** right there man.

A few years ago on vacation down in the outer banks, my friends mom got pulled over. The cop gave her a ticket for going 36 in a 35, I kid you not. Gotta love ****** bag power tripping cops.

Old
06-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Wow the Field Odds are horrible now. I actually have to look up stats now to see who's good and who's not at Pocono.
The field odds are really 25.00.

I ask that they be cut in half as we don't post the top 20 drivers listed. Generally, we list the top 9-10. Hence, cutting the field in half.

Good luck with your bet.

Old
06-05-2009, 09:16 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
More importantly, anybody here have an iphone?
I do. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
I love whoever thought this idea up.

Delicious.
Genius.

Things like this exist because the world does not want me to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
****. Is the Poconos race this Sunday already? I've kinda lost track the past month with Nascar since I haven't really been home on the weekends to watch the races. I need to make sure I get to the August race then.
It is! And I'm going to be there to see a race in person for the first time. I'm beyond excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I took Kasey Kahne, but I think JJ would be an excellent bet this weekend too. You might wait to see how peoples cars look in qualifying and practice though.

Old
06-05-2009, 09:27 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Nascar vBookie

More importantly, anybody here have an iphone?
I do.

Why do you ask?

I love it. Love Love Love it. If you want one, wait a month though, the new one comes out soon. It should get revealed next week at the WWDC.

Old
06-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Quote:
I do. Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I do.

Why do you ask?

I love it. Love Love Love it. If you want one, wait a month though, the new one comes out soon. It should get revealed next week at the WWDC.
I already have one.

What's the best way to download apps?

From my computer and sinc it, or straight from the phone?

And yes, it's a pretty sick unit. Unfortunately, my hands are pretty large, and texting is a 'B'!

Old
06-05-2009, 10:08 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
I already have one.

I usually just download them from the phone directly, but it is easier to browse the app store on the computer. Really, I think they both work quite well.

Quote:
And yes, it's a pretty sick unit. Unfortunately, my hands are pretty large, and texting is a 'B'!
I too have big hands and they often betray me when I'm texting.

Old
06-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Infraction for using a curse letter?

Old
06-05-2009, 10:28 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2373
Ex-Storm ...

September 4: Miami Caliente vs. Chicago Bliss.

Maybe Opus will have a vBookie.

Old
06-05-2009, 10:29 AM
UseYourAllusion

^ MSE, isn't Philly supposed to get a team too?

Old
06-05-2009, 10:32 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
^ MSE, isn't Philly supposed to get a team too?
For "perverts and stalkers"?

http://www.phillyburbs.com/opinions/...most-buff.html
Quote:

Well, Philadelphia males, as I'm sure you've heard, your dreams have come true. Your city has landed a Lingerie Football League team.

Anyone taking bets on who wins a championship first, the Eagles or the Passion?

Yup, that's the team name. The Philadelphia Passion.

On May 13, according to a team press release, fans (read: perverts and stalkers) and media (read: perverts and stalkers holding cameras and/or notebooks) can head out to the United Sports Complex in Downingtown for the Passion's open tryout camp/combine, where they'll have "an opportunity to meet the prospective players and capture compelling content as the hopefuls go through various football combine-oriented drills."

Old
06-05-2009, 10:37 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
For "perverts and stalkers"?
She just comes off as jealous.

Old
06-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Ex-Storm ...

Miami all the way. They just have to have the hotter girls.

Old
06-05-2009, 10:48 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Miami all the way. They just have to have the hotter girls.
Support the cause, buy a jersey.

Old
06-05-2009, 10:51 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
She just comes off as jealous.
Straight jealousy, take a look at her pic, I don't mean to come off as a dick, but it's not too impressive.

Typical 40 year-old woman who decides to ***** about 23 year-olds who have hot bodies and don't mind showing them off.

Old
06-05-2009, 11:14 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
I already have one.

Quote:
I usually just download them from the phone directly, but it is easier to browse the app store on the computer. Really, I think they both work quite well.

I too have big hands and they often betray me when I'm texting.
The app store is nice. Browsing from the computer is easiest, but I still download it over the phone.

Once Jailbroken, you can do even more things! For example:
-tether it to your laptop and get 3G internet on your computer anywhere you go
-change the icons, themes and overall look (I dont do this, makes the device slow down)
-use "folders" to declutter and reduce # of homescreens 9 -> 4 for me
-gps program that talks (kinda sucks)
-video recorder app (AWESOME)

Texting is easy, it fixes most of your mistakes. I still am looking forward to landscape keyboard for SMS, but I think I'll still use it the way it is, I have quickly gotten used to it. I came from a Blackberry, so I even use both thumbs! I think I have pointer fingered about 3 messages in my life.

Quote:
Ex-Storm ...

Quote:
Quote:
Support the cause, buy a jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Straight jealousy, take a look at her pic, I don't mean to come off as a dick, but it's not too impressive.

Typical 40 year-old woman who decides to ***** about 23 year-olds who have hot bodies and don't mind showing them off.
Yes, I would def watch Lingerie football. Anyone who is against it is probably ugly/old anyway.

If people dont want to watch, they can watch something else, like the FOOD network, or that Oxygen network.

Old
06-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Kambo

Quote:
It is! And I'm going to be there to see a race in person for the first time. I'm beyond excited.
I'm jealous. One word of advice though: Sunblock and lots of it. Especially if you're wearing shorts. The stands are those uncomfortable metal ones, and it wasn't until I first went there that I discovered sun reflects off of metal and will give you the worst sun poisoning of your life. Don't get me wrong, I had the SPF protection on, but it wasn't enough. It felt like I was shaving all the skin off my legs for a week afterward.

Quote:
I took Kasey Kahne, but I think JJ would be an excellent bet this weekend too. You might wait to see how peoples cars look in qualifying and practice though.
One name: Mr. Carl "Backflippin' muther ****er" Edwards. That is all.

Last edited by Kambo: 06-05-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old
06-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post

Yeah, that was me who got the ticket last week. The one out-of-state car traveling in a group, all of which were doing about 70 mph in a 65 zone, and ******* gets me. Of course NY doesn't give points to their drivers who get out of state violations, but ****ing Jersey does. Then ******** comes back to my car with the ticket that looks like a ******* receipt, explains to me in the most polite **** you he can give about how to fill everything out and send it back. Because yeah, the way court systems work there with state troopers means you have to mail the ticket in, upon which the court judge decides what they deem fair to charge you, and mails you back how much you're paying. 5 days later, and I still have no ****ing clue how badly I'm gonna get ***** up the ass by this.

At least you're lucky you're close enough that you can go to court. I really didn't want to drive the 4 hours back up there for that ****.

Old
06-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post

Yeah, that fugly **** can go **** herself.

Old
06-05-2009, 12:18 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Yeah, that fugly **** can go **** herself.
the chick in the left of your avatar is my favorite woman in the world.

Old
06-05-2009, 12:22 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I'm playing a show tonight. Opening for the, "Color of Fred" at the Hanger 84 in Vinland NJ. You guys should go! We go on around 8 I think? Doors at 6ish. For more info go to my band's myspace on my profile there's a link.

Closed Thread