Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Overhaul Needed!?

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2009, 09:22 AM
gabeliscious

vCash: 500
as a leaf fan i would do kubina plus 7th overall for your 4th overall '09 and 2nd rounder. not sure if you guys could handle the cap hit, is there reasonable short term salary dump you guys would want to include?

atlanta gets solid dman plus still a high first. leafs get b schen plus a high second. i think value wise and logic wise it makes sense. whats other peoples opinion?

Old
06-04-2009, 03:37 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
as a leaf fan i would do kubina plus 7th overall for your 4th overall '09 and 2nd rounder. not sure if you guys could handle the cap hit, is there reasonable short term salary dump you guys would want to include?

atlanta gets solid dman plus still a high first. leafs get b schen plus a high second. i think value wise and logic wise it makes sense. whats other peoples opinion?
Sounds like an alright deal to me. Someone just needs to convince either LA or Phoenix to draft a d-man and we can snag either Kane or MSP, whichever is left. Not that Cowen doesn't look like a beast, but ATL could really use another *****in' forward (could always sling a goalie for one, i guess).

Old
06-04-2009, 03:42 PM
blankspace6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post

Not particularly interested in Kubina and would prefer to stand pat at 4th overall.

Old
06-05-2009, 12:24 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankspace6 View Post
Not particularly interested in Kubina and would prefer to stand pat at 4th overall.
I don't think Kovalchuk would be so high on the deal either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LYHhMoC7Hw

Old
06-05-2009, 11:00 AM
projexns
Welcome Back Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teme View Post
What I think the Thrashers really need up front is a spark plug type player with some scoring ability. And a first line center of course, it is not fair to either the team or Todd White to expect him to be one. Ideas?
Jonathan Cheechoo.

The Sharks already have a top six of Thornton, Marleau, Michalek, Clowe, Pavelski, and Setoguchi, and are right up against the cap ceiling.

Cheechoo won the Richard Trophy a few years ago, and his production is based on whether he's getting scoring line minutes, or 3rd/4th line minutes like he was last year. Obviously in Atlanta he would get top six minutes, so a return to at least 30 goals would not be an unreasonable expectation.

He has two years left on his contract at $3.5 million per, with a $3 million cap hit.
Atlanta adds to the NHL roster without subtracting from it, and it's a contract that will fit within Atlanta's presumed $45-46 million budget.

The Sharks don't have a 1st-round pick this year, and they're trying to drop salary.

Atlanta has two 2nd-rounders, and I don't think anyone will offer San Jose a 1st-rounder for him.

Sooo..... I would put the #34 pick on the table for Cheechoo and see if that's the best offer that the Sharks get for Cheechoo.

Old
06-06-2009, 02:24 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Kane and MSP are terrible and will be busts. Fleece Burke by trading down from the 4th for the 7th and Grabovski since he hates Russians. Then draft Cowen or Kulikov.

Old
06-06-2009, 08:45 PM
blankspace6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
Kane and MSP are terrible and will be busts. Fleece Burke by trading down from the 4th for the 7th and Grabovski since he hates Russians. Then draft Cowen or Kulikov.

Old
06-07-2009, 03:52 AM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
I'm gonna laugh so hard if that happens. Because you're probably right.

Old
06-08-2009, 07:37 AM
teme

Quote:
Originally Posted by projexns View Post
Jonathan Cheechoo.
I don't have a clear image of Cheechoo, haven't seen him play that much. I was thinking more in lines of say Higgins, Tuomo Ruutu, Uppshall... But not a bad idea.

Old
06-08-2009, 07:38 AM
teme

Quote:
Originally Posted by projexns View Post
Jonathan Cheechoo.
I don't have a clear image of Cheechoo, haven't seen him play that much. I was thinking more in lines of say Higgins, Tuomo Ruutu, Uppshall... But not a bad idea.

Closed Thread