HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

La - Bos

Old
06-05-2009, 05:06 PM
LordLucic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
Fair enough, but I was merely pointing out that Boyle is likely being mishandled by the Kings. He has shown that he can score in limited time in the NHL and does have a decent two-way game; what the Kings feel he's lacking is some personality trait that seems absent from him. Until they let him play within what he has already shown he can do, we will never get a true idea of what he could become.

Hence the Eric Daze comparison: did Chicago bench him because he was softer than guys half his size? No, they made great use of that great shot and great hands and let him become a soft-for-his-size 40-goal-scorer. It's fairly obvious that the Kings will not settle for that, so I'd like to see another team give him a shot.
Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of Boyle's but not for our #2 Right Winger and our #4 defensemen.

Now Boyle for Martin St. Pierre is something I would do.

LordLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
To LA: Sturm and Ference
To BOS: Boyle, Richardson, and 3rd '09 / 2nd '10

I'm not sure how fair that is in value but it makes sense to me. The B's get some cap relief, a big depth C, a speedy 3rd/4th liner that hasn't had the opportunity to do much in LA and a pick. LA gets a LW scorer and a capable older vet defenseman to help the young guys along. Thoughts?
what exactly do you expect from Sturm????

3,whatever Mill $ for 20 games per season sounds a little bit much for me.

I would stay away from that offer

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 05:14 PM
LordLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

Once again another IGNORANT Kings fans. You guys make the rest of your fanbase look AWFUL.

Sturm for 20 games a season? LMAO.

Sturm has only played under 70 games ONCE in his 11 year career. Go spout off your clueless crap somewhere else.

Last edited by LordLucic*: 06-05-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old
06-05-2009, 08:34 PM
redbeard7737

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucic View Post
Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of Boyle's but not for our #2 Right Winger and our #4 defensemen.

Now Boyle for Martin St. Pierre is something I would do.
Sturm is a LW, not RW...and Ference is anything but a number 4 dman...more like 5-6...I love the Bruins as much as any fan, but everyone is always over-valuing our players and it is rather embarassing when I hear things like maybe Kobasew can fetch us a late first round pick, etc...fact is, Boston needs to dump salary and if Boston moves Sturm, so be it, but I wouldn't expect much for him, maybe a 3rd.

And this whole Kessel for an early first + is ridiculous...if we move Kessel for a top pick in this solid draft year, we will also be throwing in something else. Kessel alone will not get us in the top 5. However if LA was looking for a deal with Kessel, I would love to pick in their spot and get MSP or Kane.

redbeard7737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
Fair enough, but I was merely pointing out that Boyle is likely being mishandled by the Kings. He has shown that he can score in limited time in the NHL and does have a decent two-way game; what the Kings feel he's lacking is some personality trait that seems absent from him. Until they let him play within what he has already shown he can do, we will never get a true idea of what he could become.

Hence the Eric Daze comparison: did Chicago bench him because he was softer than guys half his size? No, they made great use of that great shot and great hands and let him become a soft-for-his-size 40-goal-scorer. It's fairly obvious that the Kings will not settle for that, so I'd like to see another team give him a shot.
Hey I agree he's probably worth a shot to another team. I just don't think Boston is that team. To me, it would have to be a not very good team that is thin in scoring and is willing to play him on the 2nd line with skilled players.

It's kind of like Peverly. It made sense for Atlanta to take a chance on him and give him PT, but if SJ had picked him up he would have been relegated to 4th line duty at best.

That's why I'm concerned that he hasn't gotten a sustained opportunity in LA. LA has certainly been eager to give young players lots of ice time and pp time. In fact, I'd argue that they've given some young players more pp time than they actually deserve. No disrespect to Doughty, but he got a TON of PP time and didn't really produce. Hey he was 18 and you can't expect him to, but that's kinda my point. LA was willing to give a young unproven player prime pp minutes in order to let him grow because they knew they weren't contenders anyway.

The fact that they weren't willing to do the same with Boyle is a BIG warning sign to me.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

Average games played last 2 seasons:

Marco Sturm: 50
Justin Williams: 40

I guess that means I'd expect at least O'Sullivan for Sturm.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 12:25 AM
LordLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
Sturm is a LW, not RW...and Ference is anything but a number 4 dman...more like 5-6...I love the Bruins as much as any fan, but everyone is always over-valuing our players and it is rather embarassing when I hear things like maybe Kobasew can fetch us a late first round pick, etc...fact is, Boston needs to dump salary and if Boston moves Sturm, so be it, but I wouldn't expect much for him, maybe a 3rd.

And this whole Kessel for an early first + is ridiculous...if we move Kessel for a top pick in this solid draft year, we will also be throwing in something else. Kessel alone will not get us in the top 5. However if LA was looking for a deal with Kessel, I would love to pick in their spot and get MSP or Kane.
Ok sorry about the RW/LW thing my bad.

But when healthy Andrew Ference is without a doubt a #4 maybe even a number 3. 5th or 6th on a really deep team.

And please tell me your not one of those people who overrate draft picks? A 40 goal scorer at the age of 21 won't get us in the top 5? That is just laughable.