HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

J.S Giguere To The Leafs

Old
06-05-2009, 12:01 PM
SoftTings

vCash: 500
J.S Giguere To The Leafs

It Makes Sense Because the leafs need a number one goalie who can lead their team and has playoff experience. What would be a sensible package?

SoftTings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched

vCash: 1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsHagman View Post
It Makes Sense Because the leafs need a number one goalie who can lead their team and has playoff experience. What would be a sensible package?
7th round pick. They would be doing Anaheim a huge favor.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
7th round pick. They would be doing Anaheim a huge favor.
Giguere when playing his usual hockey is a top 6-7 goalie in the league, and top 5 in the playoffs easily. I fully expect him to bounce back after this rough year, something he has done throughout his career. He has never had two "bad" years in a row.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 12:13 PM
SoftTings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Giguere when playing his usual hockey is a top 6-7 goalie in the league, and top 5 in the playoffs easily. I fully expect him to bounce back after this rough year, something he has done throughout his career. He has never had two "bad" years in a row.
I Agree. I would love for him to come to Toronto.

Old
06-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Yeah, but there is quite a bit of goaltending talent available this offseason (Khabibulan, Biron, Nittymaki, Fernandez, Tellquist, Raycroft, Conklin, Rolosen, Sabourin, Anderson, Weekes, Clemmenson, Danis, McDonald, Garon, Boucher, Kolzig, Gerber, and Labarbera). Most of those guys may not be in Giguere's league, but Khabibulan at least is pretty damn close. Then you add in a certain young Swedish UFA (Gustaffson), and the fact that this coming season is the last that several top goalies are under contract (Nabakov, Luongo, and Turco) and that their teams might be looking to move as well, and the Ducks may not be able to get much at all for Giguere if they trade him.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Tyler Myers

way too old for the leafs. even if they sign all of the top free agents and do this trade they still wont not be a contender...

Tyler Myers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 12:39 PM
SoftTings

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Taveras View Post
way too old for the leafs. even if they sign all of the top free agents and do this trade they still wont not be a contender...
Your obviously a leaf hater, but even though Giguere is 32 he still is one of the NHL's top goalies, and so what if he had a bad year it doesnt mean that he had it because he is getting to old, by the way 32 is not that old for the leafs the leafs are not going to be a team with 19 year olds to 29 year olds. And if the leafs sign all the top free agents and have Giguere they will be a contender and win the cup.

Old
06-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Ducks

Giguere is going to have a bounce back season this year. Anyone who listened to his post season interviews would know how determined he is, he struggled with some personal problems and a team that didn't really click until after the deadline. Not that those are great excuses but I fully expect him to bounce back this season.

Realistically I don't think Giguere is on his way out of Anaheim; NMC, 6 million p/year contract, and he wants to stay in Anaheim.

We can't keep both goalies past next season though so, Hiller could be on the move. He has 1 season left at the bargain bin price of 1.2 million and could be easily extended and retained by a team who offers him the #1 spot.

If you want Hiller Anaheim would want a talented scoring forward on a reasonable contract coming back, preferably left wing/center.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 01:33 PM
SoftTings

Quote:
Originally Posted by D U C K S View Post
Giguere is going to have a bounce back season this year. Anyone who listened to his post season interviews would know how determined he is, he struggled with some personal problems and a team that didn't really click until after the deadline. Not that those are great excuses but I fully expect him to bounce back this season.

Realistically I don't think Giguere is on his way out of Anaheim; NMC, 6 million p/year contract, and he wants to stay in Anaheim.

We can't keep both goalies past next season though so, Hiller could be on the move. He has 1 season left at the bargain bin price of 1.2 million and could be easily extended and retained by a team who offers him the #1 spot.

If you want Hiller Anaheim would want a talented scoring forward on a reasonable contract coming back, preferably left wing/center.
I believe that anahiem will extend Jonah Hillers contract and will move Giguere in the offseason, at draft day to get picks.

Old
06-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Ducks

Quote:
I believe that anahiem will extend Jonah Hillers contract and will move Giguere in the offseason, at draft day to get picks.
I highly doubt it.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 01:57 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
oh for ****s sakes

this is the third time we have had this topic onm this board

how do I know?

THEY ARE ALL ON MY IGORE LIST AND I ****ING CHECKED

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Yeah, but there is quite a bit of goaltending talent available this offseason (Khabibulan, Biron, Nittymaki, Fernandez, Tellquist, Raycroft, Conklin, Rolosen, Sabourin, Anderson, Weekes, Clemmenson, Danis, McDonald, Garon, Boucher, Kolzig, Gerber, and Labarbera).
Okay, I see the "goaltending" part... where's the "talent"?

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Caseman

I'm confused. Are the Leafs rebuilding or not? Collecting old talent isn't the way to do it.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
The same could have been said when it was Gerber/Giguere and then Bryzgalov/Giguere. Anaheim has proven time and again that they don't make quick decisions with goaltending based on their backup outplaying Giguere. It's a different issue if Hiller continues with the starter job in the fall, but I feel that Anaheim won't be making any decisions until after the season starts.

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Silver91
Agent 0091

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
oh for ****s sakes

how do I know?

then don't open it, and just add a 4th topic to your ignore list. Is it that hard?

Silver91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 05:57 PM
leaky37

Quote:
Originally Posted by D U C K S View Post

If I do recall, I've seen an Interview on TSN with Giguere and he said that he is weighing his options now. He doesn't like sitting on the bench but he would like to stay in Anaheim, but if a better opportunity arrives for him and his family(Son) then he will look into it. So I can see him moving on to a team that he will be the #1 and I can definantly see Burke inquiring about him

leaky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 06:29 PM
SoftTings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
oh for ****s sakes

how do I know?

Oh, im sorry for ruining your ****ing day.