HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Martin St. Louis

Old
06-05-2009, 06:02 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

vCash: 500
Martin St. Louis

Never done one of these threads, but I'm curious as to what Martin could fetch in a trade. He's probably in my top 3 of favourite currently active players right now...always entertaining, great speed, great hands and playmaking, and is a work horse. The guys been a point per game player for the last 6 NHL seasons. Almost never injured...missed only 2 games in those last 6 seasons. He is signed for the next 2 years at a pretty good contract of only $5.25 million per, and his actual pay is $4 mil per year. The only real knock against him is his age...he'll be 34 at the start of the upcoming season, though based on his recent seasons and this years World Championship (where he led the whole tourny with 15 points in 9 games), I don't think it's a stretch to say he'd be a ppg player for the remainder of his contract. He gives 100% every shift, and let's face it, it's St. Louis who's the leader of Tampa..not Vinny. I think he has a NTC, but let's just assume he's willing to waive it, what would you give up to acquire Martin St. Louis?

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 10:47 PM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

Souray + Schremp or Pouliet for him?

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Mr Underhill

I tried to tell people at the deadline how good this guy still is, but typical HF kids complain about him being too old.

He is still, easily one of the best wingers in the game. I think he proved that last year putting up 30/80 on one of the worst offensive/overall teams in the league.

His greatest value is to a team ready to compete for the cup. And that value is probable sky-high at this point. He could easily fetch a major return.

The only problem is Tampa is not going to trade him at this point in time. Maybe at the deadline, but unlikely.

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2009, 08:17 AM
CGG

I think Tampa keeps him if he's really a $5.25 cap hit but only a $4 million salary. Those are the guys that TB needs, less money out the door but easier time hitting the cap floor.

Vinny on the other hand, $10 million salary and $7.8 cap hit. He's gone.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote