HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Article suggests Malone asked to be traded

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-05-2009, 01:14 PM
  #1
STRANGE VICTORY
Registered User
 
STRANGE VICTORY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 4,666
vCash: 500
Article suggests Malone asked to be traded

This article suggests that Ryan Malone asked for a trade, I don't know that I believe it but it was posted in the Boston board for another rumor in it and I was kind of bored so I figured I would post it here.

STRANGE VICTORY is offline  
Old
06-05-2009, 01:37 PM
  #2
ViD
Registered User
 
ViD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blue Jackets Area
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 8,150
vCash: 500
This article sounds like it was written by Eklund. I doubt any word of this other than obvious stuff like Bouwmeester and Gaborik talks is true.

ViD is offline  
Old
06-05-2009, 01:50 PM
  #3
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates
 
Bish Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,142
vCash: 107
Through work Malone is someone I've met and he seems to love it here and has nice things to say about Lawton, his former agent.

Bish Please is offline  
Old
06-05-2009, 03:46 PM
  #4
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Through work Malone is someone I've met and he seems to love it here and has nice things to say about Lawton, his former agent.
No way, dude, he wants out. It is sooooooooo obvious.

OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Old
06-05-2009, 03:52 PM
  #5
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimismRestrainer View Post
No way, dude, he wants out. It is sooooooooo obvious.
LOL TAMPA LAUGHING STOCK OMG

Still All In is offline  
Old
06-05-2009, 04:19 PM
  #6
caley
Moderator
 
caley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,730
vCash: 500
The article is written well enough and seems like it could be true, but then you check back on TIOPS to see what their track record is on breaking trade rumors and well, here's some from just prior to the trade deadline...

Quote:
10. Nik Antropov
Suitors: BOS, BUF, CHI, CLB, ANA, DAL, FLO, CAR
Does not mention the team he ended up with.

Quote:
3. Chris Pronger
Suitors: FLO, TOR, VAN, PHI, NJ, BOS, STL, SJ
% of Trade: 70%
That's a pretty high percentage to not go through.

Anybody remember TIOPS ever breaking any deals? The only ones I can remember was when they reported first that Pittsburgh would be signing Kris Beech and Jeff Taffe, and then they actually did a week or so later. Do they have any expertise outside of Pittsburgh?

caley is offline  
Old
06-05-2009, 04:19 PM
  #7
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 14,233
vCash: 500
This isn't the first time I've read that rumor, but it was on that same site. It wouldn't shock me if the Lightning were trying to move him but I've heard the same things about Malone that Patrick posted. Despite the organization being a cluster**** last year, it sounds like he likes it here.

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
06-05-2009, 05:22 PM
  #8
STRANGE VICTORY
Registered User
 
STRANGE VICTORY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 4,666
vCash: 500
Tampa is a beautiful place for someone to call home if they travel a lot I think. The weather is almost always nice, its a tad on the boring side but if your job has you traveling around North America, I have to believe this would be a top destination to call home. Sounds like he is close to Lawton as well, if he despises losing though he may want out.

STRANGE VICTORY is offline  
Old
06-05-2009, 06:19 PM
  #9
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Drej
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 21,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRANGE VICTORY View Post
Tampa is a beautiful place for someone to call home if they travel a lot I think. The weather is almost always nice, its a tad on the boring side but if your job has you traveling around North America, I have to believe this would be a top destination to call home. Sounds like he is close to Lawton as well, if he despises losing though he may want out.
Who doesn't like losing? But, he doesn't seem like the person who would say that he want's out, especially since he is a leader here. He has his contract, he had a very good year statistically for him, and from reading the questions he answered from fans, it seems he is not only happy here but wants to remain here for a long time.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
06-05-2009, 06:45 PM
  #10
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates
 
Bish Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,142
vCash: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Who doesn't like losing? But, he doesn't seem like the person who would say that he want's out, especially since he is a leader here. He has his contract, he had a very good year statistically for him, and from reading the questions he answered from fans, it seems he is not only happy here but wants to remain here for a long time.
Exactly. If he wanted out why would he do the "Thank you Fans" video and the Q&A? If he wants out he truly hides it well.

And remember his father Greg is head pro scout.

Bish Please is offline  
Old
06-05-2009, 08:56 PM
  #11
ViD
Registered User
 
ViD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blue Jackets Area
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 8,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Exactly. If he wanted out why would he do the "Thank you Fans" video and the Q&A? If he wants out he truly hides it well.
that does not mean anything, I am pretty sure players have to participate in such events as a part of their contracts..

ViD is offline  
Old
06-05-2009, 08:59 PM
  #12
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates
 
Bish Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,142
vCash: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
that does not mean anything, I am pretty sure players have to participate in such events as a part of their contracts..
They can use his image but they can't force him to be in videos or answer questions. The NHLPA would have a field day if the Lightning forced him.

Bish Please is offline  
Old
06-05-2009, 10:33 PM
  #13
STRANGE VICTORY
Registered User
 
STRANGE VICTORY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 4,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
They can use his image but they can't force him to be in videos or answer questions. The NHLPA would have a field day if the Lightning forced him.
Even so he can be a guy that likes to be there for the fans, and like helping the community even if he doesn't want to play for the Lightning. Not saying it's the case, but him being kind to the fans doesn't mean he wants to wear the Lightning jersey every night.

STRANGE VICTORY is offline  
Old
06-06-2009, 01:15 AM
  #14
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRANGE VICTORY View Post
Even so he can be a guy that likes to be there for the fans, and like helping the community even if he doesn't want to play for the Lightning. Not saying it's the case, but him being kind to the fans doesn't mean he wants to wear the Lightning jersey every night.
Okay you're right, Malone wants to leave.

Still All In is offline  
Old
06-06-2009, 01:16 AM
  #15
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 14,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRANGE VICTORY View Post
Even so he can be a guy that likes to be there for the fans, and like helping the community even if he doesn't want to play for the Lightning. Not saying it's the case, but him being kind to the fans doesn't mean he wants to wear the Lightning jersey every night.
This Malone can't be trusted.

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
06-06-2009, 09:12 AM
  #16
BRichards19
 
BRichards19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: TAMPA...... BAY!
Country: United States
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Going from in the SC finals and competing at a very high level one season and then finishing 29th the next is a pretty big gap.

BRichards19 is offline  
Old
06-06-2009, 09:24 AM
  #17
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates
 
Bish Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,142
vCash: 107
Going from a salary of $1.3 million to $6 million also is a big gap.

Bish Please is offline  
Old
06-06-2009, 09:49 AM
  #18
LastoftheBrunnenG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRANGE VICTORY View Post
This article suggests that Ryan Malone asked for a trade, I don't know that I believe it but it was posted in the Boston board for another rumor in it and I was kind of bored so I figured I would post it here.
Thanks for the link. I don't agree with your theories, but can't refute them.

LastoftheBrunnenG is offline  
Old
06-06-2009, 10:19 AM
  #19
BRichards19
 
BRichards19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: TAMPA...... BAY!
Country: United States
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Haha, that is a good point. I know many players would take a chance at the cup over all the money in the world, though.

BRichards19 is offline  
Old
06-06-2009, 06:41 PM
  #20
STRANGE VICTORY
Registered User
 
STRANGE VICTORY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 4,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBearMountain View Post
Okay you're right, Malone wants to leave.
Oh I never said he wanted to leave, just saying him being a nice guy doesn't mean he wants to stay. I believe he is happy here, but not because he is nice to fans, I think Tampa is a desirable place to be despite it being a circus because of the location.

STRANGE VICTORY is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.