HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Q & A Bobby Sanguinetti

Old
06-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Rangers08wedabest

vCash: 500
Q & A Bobby Sanguinetti

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2009/...tti-takes-your

o you feel you are NHL ready for the start of next season or do you expect to spend some more time in Hartford?

I do feel like my learning experience from this past year in the AHL definately prepared my game for the next level. This is a big summer for me to get bigger and stronger so when I do get to camp there is no reason I can't earn a spot.

Rangers08wedabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Pugs35

Good read, thanks.

I'm getting a little tired of everyone here throwing Sanguinetti's name in absolutely every trade proposal just because we have MDZ who might be better one day. Wouldn't it be better to wait and see which of the two develops into the better player before trading one?

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 12:37 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Good read. Can't wait till he proves a lot of people wrong and makes the Rangers sometime next season, then people will finally be saying...hmm ok maybe we shouldnt be so quick to use him as trade bait....

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 12:44 AM
LyNX27

I'm excited and I also would like to see people stop throwing him into trade ideas mainly cause we have an albatross we want to get rid of...

Give him a chance at our level, watch him grow a bit, just dont throw him under the bus because he hasn't been bumped up his first or second year. Guy has talent that if developed would be great especially because HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR THE TEAM...

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 12:47 AM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
Good read, thanks.

I'm getting a little tired of everyone here throwing Sanguinetti's name in absolutely every trade proposal just because we have MDZ who might be better one day. Wouldn't it be better to wait and see which of the two develops into the better player before trading one?
Or god forbid we actually have 2 defensemen that can be major contributors offensively. That never works out. Raflaski and Lidstrom got the Red Wings nowhere...

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Bobby will be an NHL defenseman. Whether it's as a 1st pairing defenseman or not remains to be seen.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 12:49 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Good read, thanks.

Yea or maybe having them both. I'll take two offensive defense men who can skate, handle the puck well through traffic, and shoot it.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 12:57 AM
The Thomas J.*

The kid has alot of confiedence, lets hope it translates into an NHL career.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Good read, thanks.

Yeah that plan worked out great when we had Montoya and Lundqvist. We should have traded Monty right away instead we got jack for him and he looks like he is going to have a nice career.

What a wasted draft pick.

If we can get a good young foward for him i'm all down for it.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 01:11 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Yeah that plan worked out great when we had Montoya and Lundqvist. We should have traded Monty right away instead we got jack for him and he looks like he is going to have a nice career.

Goaltending is a lot different then defense....

Old
06-08-2009, 01:13 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I would love for the Rangers to hold on and develop...
Staal, Girardi, Gilroy, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, and Sauer as our d-corps. If those six develop to their potential, that backline will be good enough to win a cup. Now if only the scoring forwards part could sort itself out like that...

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 01:45 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Sanguinetti > MDZ

RIGHT NOW!!!!

that is all.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 01:47 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
Sanguinetti > MDZ

RIGHT NOW!!!!

that is all.
Anyone who says different is crazy.

Sangs has a year a the pro level under his belt...and he a very good year that resulted in great progression for him.

Old
06-08-2009, 02:14 AM
Rangers08wedabest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
Anyone who says different is crazy.

Sangs has a year a the pro level under his belt...and he a very good year that resulted in great progression for him.
Lets not jump to conclusions. Just because Sangs had a good year in the ahl , doesnt exactly mean he is better then MDZ who has not even played at the pro level. Not that im disagreeing with you...

On another note, for MDZ like it was for Staal, if he doesnt make the rangers he would have to go back to the OHL.. so it will take time to see which one of them is better.. Lets just hope they turn into PRONGER-mcinnis

Rangers08wedabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 04:19 AM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers08wedabest View Post
Lets not jump to conclusions. Just because Sangs had a good year in the ahl , doesnt exactly mean he is better then MDZ who has not even played at the pro level. Not that im disagreeing with you...

On another note, for MDZ like it was for Staal, if he doesnt make the rangers he would have to go back to the OHL.. so it will take time to see which one of them is better.. Lets just hope they turn into PRONGER-mcinnis
OH NO YOU DI'INT!!! This analogy is going to be used a lot more than it should in the next coming years between Staal and trying to find his offensive partner.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 04:56 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers08wedabest View Post

Sorry, but NYRangers3018 said "right now", and until I see MDZ have a good rookie season in the AHL, i will easily stand by that since IMO, both have about equal potential....I might give MDZ the slight, slight edge though.

At this moment...Sangs > MDZ

Old
06-08-2009, 05:56 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

I'd rather deal Girardi than Sanguinetti. I think Bobby's upside is higher, and Bobby and MDZ are going to make a heckuva PP tandem in a few years.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Duponttime*

Quote:
Good read, thanks.

Subtracting a fix to fill a hole is pure stupidity. This team has been desperate for 2 guys to run the point on the PP. One won't cut it. You need 2. He's one of them.

Last edited by Duponttime*: 06-08-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 08:29 AM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:

This comparison would make perfect sense if teams were only allowed to dress 2 defensemen with 1 playing a full 60 minutes for 75% of the season.

Anyone who thinks that, right now, MDZ is better than Sangs is absolutely crazy. The AHL is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the OHL. All you need to do is read the interview to realize that. The OHL is more run-and-gun, but in the AHL you learn to have a complete game. Your offensive abilities and athleticism are enough to get you by in the OHL. Bobby is clearly the better player right now because he has succeeded at a much higher level. I do think MDZ has more potential, but right now I'm taking Bobby.

Old
06-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
This comparison would make perfect sense if teams were only allowed to dress 2 defensemen with 1 playing a full 60 minutes for 75% of the season.

Anyone who thinks that, right now, MDZ is better than Sangs is absolutely crazy. The AHL is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the OHL. All you need to do is read the interview to realize that. The OHL is more run-and-gun, but in the AHL you learn to have a complete game. Your offensive abilities and athleticism are enough to get you by in the OHL. Bobby is clearly the better player right now because he has succeeded at a much higher level. I do think MDZ has more potential, but right now I'm taking Bobby.
I never said anyone is better, I would deal MDZ if the right deal came along for a young foward that we need. With Staal and Girardi already mainstays and you know in New York your always going to have those 2-3 veteran guys on the roster keeping all these young guys is a waste. Lets get what we need with the little bit of extra we actually have.

Old
06-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Radek27

Quote:
Goaltending is a lot different then defense....
Trade value is trade value, Montoya's went from sky hi to way low and we dealt him when we were in a position of weakness. I don't wanna see that happen again, I think both Sangs and MDZ's value are hi enough we could expect a good young foward in return for one.

Old
06-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I would love for the Rangers to hold on and develop...
Staal, Girardi, Gilroy, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, and Sauer as our d-corps. If those six develop to their potential, that backline will be good enough to win a cup. Now if only the scoring forwards part could sort itself out like that...
Anyone who thinks a future Rangers defense of those players are kidding themselves. How many NHL teams have 6-8 homegrown Dmen on thier team at the same time? I would say none. As of right now I would hold onto Staal, Girardi, Gilroy, and DZ and see what I can get for Sangs and Sauer.

Old
06-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Celestial Black

Quote:
Good read. Can't wait till he proves a lot of people wrong and makes the Rangers sometime next season, then people will finally be saying...hmm ok maybe we shouldnt be so quick to use him as trade bait....
This is my hope as well but only time will change that opinion along with his effort.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 11:04 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Bobby Sangs has become the new Prucha. A piece of every nyr proposal on HF.

06-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

He's still under 200lbs? I'd like to see him add 10lbs of muscle before making the leap. I think it'll make his adjustment easier.

Definitely looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 12:22 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Trade value is trade value, Montoya's went from sky hi to way low and we dealt him when we were in a position of weakness. I don't wanna see that happen again, I think both Sangs and MDZ's value are hi enough we could expect a good young foward in return for one.
Montoya's trade value was shot because the Rangers had no bargaining power. He never got a chance to prove anything in the NHL, the Rangers had no need for him, and if they didn't move him he would have left for virtually nothing in the offseason.

Unless the Rangers have 6 franchise defensemen by the time MDZ is ready we won't have that issue.