HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-Tor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-07-2009, 12:24 AM
  #276
oilsands
shut 'em down.
 
oilsands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Halland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,776
vCash: 500
Chances are, whoever the Leafs pick at number 7 will only be marginally better than Gilbert, if not equal or inferior. It is a bit of a crapshoot, these 5+ picks. However, if I am the Maple Leafs I do not do this trade.

The number 7 is worth more to a rebuilding club, than it does to a more competitive team. Gilbert is just entering his prime, and the Leafs just do not have the development curve to take advantage of this. If anything, Gilbert has most value to a club like Edmonton (not bottom of the barrel, but certainly not a playoff lock yet).

The insurance that Gilbert will likely be a better player than whoever the Leafs pick at #7, is not worth the fact that they would be unbalancing their teams development curve.

That being said, I do not know why there is so much Gilbert hating going on with HF. Oilers fans are putting him into proposals because his skills are redundant on our squad, and we need cap flexibility. He is a young, cerebral 6'3 PMD with silky smooth skating, goal scoring ability, playmaking skill, and solid in his own zone. He is a Rafalski-type player.

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 12:45 AM
  #277
surshot*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: OILCOUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post

This, btw, is the exact same poster who used to crow about how Robert Nilsson was one of the best young players in the league. You've managed to lower yourself to his level. Congrats.
Darth i did not say that i said that he was an NHL player when you said he was not an NHL player. Last time i checked he still is a NHL player true or false Darth? The fact you put words in to my mouth stop whining that these Leafers are putting words in to your mouth.

Did Nilsson have a bad year? Yes Darth he did.

Is he going to be on someones NHL roster next year? I bet you he is, you can not deny his talent Darth. Keep on thinking he is going to be out of the NHL Darth. His work ethic and maturity level is what he has to work on. Not uncommon for a young player of his age who had a coach turn his back on him instead of pushing him. He is going to be fine just watch.

What level are you talking about everything i have ever talked to you about has been right. Jokinen ring a bell. And just because you can not remember what i said about Nilsson because of your amnesia does not mean i am wrong about him either.

Talk about being a low level poster who bashes entire fan groups like the Oilers. Thats low Darth me defending myself, my team, and some players is being a high
class poster so these leafers who have done nothing but bash could only dream of being on my level. Have a nice night Darth. Its been awhile but you started it.

What you did not think i would respond to a low class poster such as your self? But i must say you have been much better lately why you decided to throw me under the bus is questionable for something that was not even said a fricken year ago. Why step on toes i thought you put me on ignore cause you know your so high class. Just because my opinions differ on some things cause i have agreed with you on other things including in this thread does not mean i am a low class poster Darth. You could have said nothing.

Hey leafers who have been bashing me and Darth do not bother responding to this as i have hit my quota for pissing you guys off and i well not respond to your dim witted low class posts any longer. Have a nice night. As for you Darth please respond. I enjoy your Banter.

surshot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 01:03 AM
  #278
Chandrashekhar Limit
BUNGLADEISH
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 16,200
vCash: 283
x 1000 at this thread.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 02:31 AM
  #279
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 40,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds View Post
Agreed, I just wanted to clarify why I disagree with the poster that suggested Gilbert is worth a 40-50 OV pick.

You are certainly more familiar with the Islanders situation than I am, but I have a hard time believing that NYI doesn't jump all over an offer of Gilbert for 37 OV if Tambellini called Snow with said proposal, especially since they have 2 picks in the first, 2 other 2nd's, and the 61st OV.

Perhaps, but 37th overall is not the same as 7th overall.

Look at it this way, with the 7th overall, Toronto is hoping to add a young core player who will complement Schenn and some of their other kids for years to come. I don't see Toronto passing a shot up like that for Gilbert, despite his nice promise. And, I wouldn't see any of the other non-playoff teams in a much different position.

__________________
Man, do I ever miss Oleg Kvasha. If Oleg was here, everything would be OK.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 02:35 AM
  #280
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 40,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskyoil View Post
Chances are, whoever the Leafs pick at number 7 will only be marginally better than Gilbert, if not equal or inferior. It is a bit of a crapshoot, these 5+ picks. However, if I am the Maple Leafs I do not do this trade.

The number 7 is worth more to a rebuilding club, than it does to a more competitive team. Gilbert is just entering his prime, and the Leafs just do not have the development curve to take advantage of this. If anything, Gilbert has most value to a club like Edmonton (not bottom of the barrel, but certainly not a playoff lock yet).

The insurance that Gilbert will likely be a better player than whoever the Leafs pick at #7, is not worth the fact that they would be unbalancing their teams development curve.

That being said, I do not know why there is so much Gilbert hating going on with HF. Oilers fans are putting him into proposals because his skills are redundant on our squad, and we need cap flexibility. He is a young, cerebral 6'3 PMD with silky smooth skating, goal scoring ability, playmaking skill, and solid in his own zone. He is a Rafalski-type player.

So, would you use your 10th overall in a deal for Kaberle? After all, chances of that 10th overall making as big an impact as Tomas Kaberle are not good.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 03:29 AM
  #281
wayne98
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regin 43 View Post
Kaberle+7th or bust then. And no, I did not forget a


Gagner and the 10th is HUGGEEEE overpayment.
ya but gilbert and nielson huge underpayment. the leafs can get a way better player by just drafting at that position.

wayne98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 07:39 AM
  #282
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
So, would you use your 10th overall in a deal for Kaberle? After all, chances of that 10th overall making as big an impact as Tomas Kaberle are not good.
See, this is why I like you Darth. You can point out bull***t on both sides of an argument.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 08:21 AM
  #283
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™
 
CASUAL KEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sk, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,909
vCash: 500
Ive never seen so much homerism packed so tightly into one thread.

surshot, just stop. Your poor logic and poor grammer makes it seem like you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Using good grammar is not about impressing people, its about being able to be understood and make yourself seem educated.

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 08:31 AM
  #284
speeds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St.Albert
Posts: 6,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Perhaps, but 37th overall is not the same as 7th overall.

Look at it this way, with the 7th overall, Toronto is hoping to add a young core player who will complement Schenn and some of their other kids for years to come. I don't see Toronto passing a shot up like that for Gilbert, despite his nice promise. And, I wouldn't see any of the other non-playoff teams in a much different position.
I've already agreed earlier in the thread, I do not think the Leafs would make that trade.

speeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 11:58 AM
  #285
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 40,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds View Post
I've already agreed earlier in the thread, I do not think the Leafs would make that trade.
Sorry, Speeds. I misunderstood your point.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 02:01 PM
  #286
Kotton
Registered User
 
Kotton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post
Darth i did not say that i said that he was an NHL player when you said he was not an NHL player. Last time i checked he still is a NHL player true or false Darth? The fact you put words in to my mouth stop whining that these Leafers are putting words in to your mouth.

Did Nilsson have a bad year? Yes Darth he did.

Is he going to be on someones NHL roster next year? I bet you he is, you can not deny his talent Darth. Keep on thinking he is going to be out of the NHL Darth. His work ethic and maturity level is what he has to work on. Not uncommon for a young player of his age who had a coach turn his back on him instead of pushing him. He is going to be fine just watch.

What level are you talking about everything i have ever talked to you about has been right. Jokinen ring a bell. And just because you can not remember what i said about Nilsson because of your amnesia does not mean i am wrong about him either.

Talk about being a low level poster who bashes entire fan groups like the Oilers. Thats low Darth me defending myself, my team, and some players is being a high
class poster so these leafers who have done nothing but bash could only dream of being on my level. Have a nice night Darth. Its been awhile but you started it.

What you did not think i would respond to a low class poster such as your self? But i must say you have been much better lately why you decided to throw me under the bus is questionable for something that was not even said a fricken year ago. Why step on toes i thought you put me on ignore cause you know your so high class. Just because my opinions differ on some things cause i have agreed with you on other things including in this thread does not mean i am a low class poster Darth. You could have said nothing.

Hey leafers who have been bashing me and Darth do not bother responding to this as i have hit my quota for pissing you guys off and i well not respond to your dim witted low class posts any longer. Have a nice night. As for you Darth please respond. I enjoy your Banter.
Does anyone know who hes arguing with?

Kotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2009, 04:58 PM
  #287
Torgo
Registered User
 
Torgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuKer View Post
Ive never seen so much homerism packed so tightly into one thread.

surshot, just stop. Your poor logic and poor grammer makes it seem like you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Using good grammar is not about impressing people, its about being able to be understood and make yourself seem educated.
Agreed. I just can't help point out the spelling and grammar mistakes after you have cut him down for it. Rest assured, I certainly agree with you.

Define Logic: The worst enemy of the ignorant.

Define Ignorant: Definition 2) Surshot.

Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 12:34 AM
  #288
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
See, this is why I like you Darth. You can point out bull***t on both sides of an argument.
The problem with that is he recycled my post from pages before. He just likes getting himself involved in all things leafs.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 12:49 AM
  #289
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 40,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThreat View Post
Agreed. I just can't help point out the spelling and grammar mistakes after you have cut him down for it. Rest assured, I certainly agree with you.

Define Logic: The worst enemy of the ignorant.

Define Ignorant: Definition 2) Surshot.
Surshot's OK. He is just a little over enthusiastic.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 03:40 AM
  #290
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Surshot's OK. He is just a little over enthusiastic.
Why don't you start a poll to see how everyone feels about Surshot.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 05:50 AM
  #291
JT 91 NYI*
 
JT 91 NYI*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4life5 View Post
What would it take to get the 7th overall from toronto?

would Gilbert and Nilsson be enough?

Tor-
Gilbert
Nilsson

Edm-
7th overall

What are Torontos needs? Almost anything would be avalible. I would really like to see our team draft Jared Cowan.
Toronto would never do this

-facepalm

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 05:51 AM
  #292
JT 91 NYI*
 
JT 91 NYI*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT View Post
x 1000 at this thread.
agreed

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.