HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Stl - Cal - Fla

Old
06-08-2009, 10:53 PM
BluesFan45
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Stl - Cal - Fla

I'm taking a total stab in the dark here. I didn't work out money totals but I think this would work cap wise... but here it goes:

Flames - get Bouwmeester Rights (Signs for $6mil-ish) + Horton from FLA + Blues AHL level prospect or mid level type prospect (maybe someone like Sonne?).

Blues - get Dion Phaneuf + late CAL and FLA pick.

FLA - gets Jay McKee + Jonas Junland from the Blues and from CAL they get 09 1st (#20) + Sarich or Vandermeer + mid level type prospect.

CAL could keep Leopold, let Cammalleri go, and pursue a second tier type forward in the offseason for depth. Horton helps keep them competitive in the short term and would replace Jokinen after his contract is up.
Iginla, Horton, Langkow, Jokinen, Glencross, UFA as top 6?
Meester-Reghr
Sarich/Vandermeer-Leopold
Giordano-Pardy/filler

FLA gets depth to fill in their Blueline now, lets go of a forward to make sure they can keep Booth. This allows them to get a 1st + a replacement for Meester (not in terms of production but in NHL level replacement) + prospect for Horton since Meester is leaving anyways.
McCabe-Ballard
Allen-Sarich/Vandermeer
Junland-McKee

Blues effectively trade McKee + Junland + mid level prospect for Phaneuf. Having Dion would allow the Blues to let Brewer go after his contract and not be forced in to bidding to keep Colaiacovo if his price goes too high when he hits the market (assuming he has another good year in St. Louis).

BluesFan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Biggzy*

Not even close from Fla perspective.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 11:01 PM
HabsInsideOut

I think the Blues say yes...quickly

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Pretty sure the Blues would need to send this year's first rounder to FLA...

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 11:25 PM
quinter

so calgary trades phaneuf and vandermer or sarich for the 'rights' to a guy we can get for nothin july first and horton which i admit is a solid player...calgary says no because phanuef is norris potential and worth more

FLA says no they give up a great young player in horton and get crap like mckee back who is old and overpayed, and if they lose j-bo they will nbot be in a position to win with mckee no for them

STL takes this deal to the bank as beasically they give mid prospects and a salsry dump to bring in possibly a norris d-man

obviouslly you biased to st. lou as iam to cal but i dont see this happinin the ottawa proposal was not close but still way better than this

Last edited by quinter: 06-09-2009 at 10:25 AM.
quinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Go figure, the Blues win this.

And to buddy above me, it's July 1st.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 11:46 PM
BluesFan45
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
Pretty sure the Blues would need to send this year's first rounder to FLA...

I could live with that.

As far as trading for rights....you gotta be pretty sure the guy will sign. I didn't mention that exactly, but the whole deal would be predicated on that premise.

Say Blues send #17 to the Panthers instead of Junland and Junland goes to Calgary instead?

Panthers aren't keeping Meester so for Horton they get space to keep Booth long term, add two vet Dmen to allow them to restock their blueline, and end up with 3 1st Round Picks (Something the Blues used to gain a lot of organizational depth). I know the Panthers were close to the PO but losing Meester will really hurt them and they cannot replace him. A small set back in re-tooling the team, but a chance to pick up 3 of the first 30 picks? Id take it for losing one guy. Maybe use two picks to move up and get Cowan or Kulikov then take Ellis at 14?

Old
06-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Randall Ritchey
TFP Correspondent

The Blues 1st would have to go to FLA.
Blues would do it quickly.
Flames would do it IF they could get Bou to agree to a contract pretty much before the deal is done.
Panthers might do it. If the Blues send their 1st.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 11:50 PM
BluesFan45
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Go figure, the Blues win this.

And to buddy above me, it's July 1st.
Yes the Blues "win" this, but neither of the three teams is totally lost either.

Calgary adds Horton and Meester at the expense of Phaneuf and Sarich/Vandermeer + a 1st and late rd pick. Predicated on this is Cammalleri leaving and money being allocated to find a UFA winger to fill a top 6 spot.

Phaneuf = Meeseter
Horton > Sarich/Vandermeer

Yes Calgary loses their 09 1st, but also gains a near NHL ready Defensemen in Junland(who could likely play in the NHL next year) and Sonne (My exmaple of a mid level prospect) who played very well in Calgary last year in Juniors. Sonne is top 6 potential who is a year or so (or less) from NHL play.

Old
06-08-2009, 11:51 PM
BluesFan45
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
The Blues 1st would have to go to FLA.
Blues would do it quickly.
Flames would do it IF they could get Bou to agree to a contract pretty much before the deal is done.
Panthers might do it. If the Blues send their 1st.

After SJD made the comment about the 09 1st, that made alot more sense. I agree, I think JD/Larry/Al would be all over that.

Old
06-09-2009, 12:16 AM
MonaHan Solo
I am your KING

vCash: 50
What the hell? If Bouwmeester really wanted to sign here, then we could wait till July first. So all in all the Flames trade Phaneuf, Sarich/Vandermeer and their first rounder for J-Bo's rigths and Horton? JESUS CHRIST.

The Blues give up McKee, Junlad and Sonne for Phaneuf and 2 late picks? WOW.That doesn't get you Phaneuf. I don't think that package gets you a Norris trophy candidate defenceman. Not even a top 4 defenceman.

The Panthers give up J-bo's rights and Horton for McKee, Junlad, CGYs 1st, Sarich or Vandermeer and a prospect.

Calgary gets hosed really bad here, Florida loses big and the Blues **** the whole NHL league.

Come on, is this for real?

MonaHan Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 03:27 AM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

FLA. hangs up after Horton's name is mentioned in a Bou type deal this summer.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 03:41 AM
CrosbyCrosby*

bouw has told me he's coming to vancouver

CrosbyCrosby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Pukboy5kroner

Florida would be better off renewing Skrastins contract than seeing if McKee would fit at his price. They'd also be better off spending the money on Boynton than Vandermeer. In addition, I doubt Calgary wants to trade Sarich and Phaneuf.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 08:49 AM
jmwc95

It's a great deal from the Blues perspective in that they basically give up nothing to get Phaneuf, but I really don't like Phaneuf and I don't want the Blues to target him. I'd rather go after Bouwmeester or even Pronger.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Lunatik*

I'm not taking any proposal seriously that has Sarich and Vandermeer at the same value

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 09:01 AM
8BostonRocker24

So..... St. Louis gets a very young, raw defenseman... that just happened to be the Norris runner-up last year for basically spare parts. Nice.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Three way deals - when screwing one team hard isn't enough!!

Why are the Blues even in this deal? Don't you think that FLA would be willing to match what the Blues are sending to Calgary and get DP instead of Jay Flipping McKee.

And just to summarize, the Blues get a young Norris candidate (who struggled last year with injury) for a salary dump, a AHL level prospect, and a late draft pick? The Flames get the negotiating rights to J-Bo, for Dion Phanuef, a depth d-man, and CAL's 1st round DP!?!!? And the Panthers get a salary dump (JM), a depth d-man (JV), and a late 1st round DP for Horton & the negotiating rights to J-BO? I think you forgot to mention the 2 tubs of KY jelly the Blues send to CAL & FLA because they're going to need it.

All the Blues homers talking about this being possible if they add their 1st round DP need to lay-off the cool-aid. McKee and the Blues 1st (16th overall?) won't get them ANYWHERE close to acquiring DP.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 10:28 AM
quinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Three way deals - when screwing one team hard isn't enough!!

Why are the Blues even in this deal? Don't you think that FLA would be willing to match what the Blues are sending to Calgary and get DP instead of Jay Flipping McKee.

And just to summarize, the Blues get a young Norris candidate (who struggled last year with injury) for a salary dump, a AHL level prospect, and a late draft pick? The Flames get the negotiating rights to J-Bo, for Dion Phanuef, a depth d-man, and CAL's 1st round DP!?!!? And the Panthers get a salary dump (JM), a depth d-man (JV), and a late 1st round DP for Horton & the negotiating rights to J-BO? I think you forgot to mention the 2 tubs of KY jelly the Blues send to CAL & FLA because they're going to need it.

All the Blues homers talking about this being possible if they add their 1st round DP need to lay-off the cool-aid. McKee and the Blues 1st (16th overall?) won't get them ANYWHERE close to acquiring DP.

took the words right out of my mouth

quinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Celtic Note
Thanks very little

I get all the frustration from CAR and FLA fans. The Blues really don't put in their fair share in this trade.
I don't believe Horton will be included in this deal.

However, can we get some serious counter proposals.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 10:37 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Florida gets boned here.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Serious counter proposals? Take STL right out of the trade, that makes the most sense.

TO FLORIDA
Phaneuf

TO CALGARY
Horton
Rights to J-Bo

That would probably be what it all comes down to, and even that Calgary wouldn't do unless they were SURE that J-Bo would sign. Of course, I don't know what Calgary fans would think of this anyways.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 11:40 AM
BlueBeard

If we can get Phaneuf for that sure why not...unfortunately that's not going to be the cost. Kiss a young forward and probably Pietrangelo good bye if we want him. I'm not 100% sold on Dion either. Maybe it was the injury, maybe it was Keenan, maybe it was too much ice time and being over exposed, and honestly the truth probably lies in between all of those. For his price point he really needs to be able to play both sides of the ice and until he can show he consistantly can no thanks.

And before I'm lambasted with all the Norris runner up blah blah crap. I do think Dion can be a top notch d-man. But if we're going to give up the actual assets it would cost to get him from the Flames(which is not what is proposed) I would want to see a more complete game from him. The Blues focus would probably lie in a more veteran presence for EJ and Pietrangelo versus another young player.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 11:52 AM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
If we can get Phaneuf for that sure why not...unfortunately that's not going to be the cost. Kiss a young forward and probably Pietrangelo good bye if we want him. I'm not 100% sold on Dion either. Maybe it was the injury, maybe it was Keenan, maybe it was too much ice time and being over exposed, and honestly the truth probably lies in between all of those. For his price point he really needs to be able to play both sides of the ice and until he can show he consistantly can no thanks.

And before I'm lambasted with all the Norris runner up blah blah crap. I do think Dion can be a top notch d-man. But if we're going to give up the actual assets it would cost to get him from the Flames(which is not what is proposed) I would want to see a more complete game from him. The Blues focus would probably lie in a more veteran presence for EJ and Pietrangelo versus another young player.
Then the cost to trade for him would only go up. The point of trading for Dion now, is because his trade value is low and Calgary might want to resign Cammy and 'go in a different direction'. IMO, they should keep him, but I'm also a Dion-Fan-Boy.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
I get all the frustration from CAR and FLA fans. The Blues really don't put in their fair share in this trade.
I don't believe Horton will be included in this deal.

However, can we get some serious counter proposals.
I just don't see the need for a 3 way trade if Phaneuf & the rights to J-Bo are involved. If CAL would rather have J-Bo that DP, it just comes down to if J-Bo is willing to sign before 7/1, and if FLA would be willing to send enough to convince CAL. I don't see an option where this becomes a 3 way deal with STL involved.

If CAL can sign J-Bo on 7/1 - they might consider dealing DP at that point. STL definetely has the youth, and if they were to offer Pietrangelo & Perron (assuming EJ, Oshie & Berglund are the "core" in STL), CAL would probably listen. But that is the type of return that CAL would probably be looking for IMO. CAL poster could probably give you a better idea what would work from their POV.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote