HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jacques Lemaire

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2009, 09:41 AM
TBFan

vCash: 500
Jacques Lemaire

Buried at the end of the article that Lemaire might become a consultant for the Lightning

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...nclick_check=1

Old
05-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Hopefully. The Lightning need a veteran presence in management.

You know it's amateur hour when another team's GM says you're a disgrace.

Old
06-08-2009, 07:09 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://blogs.tampabay.com/lightning/...lightning.html

Quote:
The Lightning's flirtation with Jacques Lemaire has come to an end, and apparently on good terms. Tampa Bay wanted to hire the former Wild coach as a senior consultant. But Lemaire said on Monday he has told Lightning GM Brian Lawton he has another offer that has gained his interest and which he is pursuing.

"Brian showed a lot of interest and I was pleased about that," Lemaire said. "He told me he really wanted me to be part of the organization. He was very patient."
Quote:
Lemaire said he likely would give Lawton a call to see if the Lightning position was still available if the other situation fell through, but as it stands now, Lemaire said, "I don't think Brian thinks I'm going to be there."

Old
06-08-2009, 07:43 PM
garmonbozia

I'm really curious what the other offer is. I like Lemaire and hope he finds a good situation in a role directly relevant to a teams success.

Minnesota might have felt they needed to shake things up after so long, but I can't help but feel they'll miss him in the long run. His hard nosed commitment to making that team play responsible defensively enabled him to get a lot more from a lot less over the years.

Some players and fans might not appreciate the defense-first old school game in the era of the 'New NHL', but I have a strong respect for his efforts and feel there needs to be some teams successfully doing things differently leaguewide just to keep the game evolving.

Old
06-08-2009, 07:50 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmonbozia View Post
I'm really curious what the other offer is. I like Lemaire and hope he finds a good situation in a role directly relevant to a teams success.

Minnesota might have felt they needed to shake things up after so long, but I can't help but feel they'll miss him in the long run. His hard nosed commitment to making that team play responsible defensively enabled him to get a lot more from a lot less over the years.

Some players and fans might not appreciate the defense-first old school game in the era of the 'New NHL', but I have a strong respect for his efforts and feel there needs to be some teams successfully doing things differently leaguewide just to keep the game evolving.
While the team obviously has to be balanced, defense still wins titles. The Bucs won a title with incredible defense, The Rays won a pennant with great defense, the Lightning won a cup with a pretty damn good defense.

Old
06-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Hockeyfan02

RDS says the position that's come up could be the Panthers GM job. Obviously any GM spot is better than a consulting job(probably better pay too). Despite his love of the trap, he would have been a nice asset to the organization. If the Panthers hire someone else, it'll be Lawton's fault for screwing Lemaire over in some way.

Old
06-09-2009, 09:16 AM
garmonbozia

Brent Sutter stepping down as coach of the Devils. Not sure if Lemaire would necessarily prefer to coach over a higher position like GM at this point, but it is a sudden opening. The familiarity between him and Lou might also better explain Lemaire's statement of "I don't think Brian thinks I'm going to be there."

Guess we'll see soon enough. I hope its not Florida.

Closed Thread