HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton and Boston

Old
06-09-2009, 05:33 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Edmonton and Boston

If Kessel is looking at 5mil on a contract Boston is not going to be able to sign him. With Wheeler and Lucic coming up next year also they just cant give out another big contract like that out. What would Boston want for Kessel from Edmonton? Would they want more of prospects or proven players?

We have the following players available
O'Sullivan
Cogs
Nilsson
Penner
Schremp
Gilbert
Grebs
Smid
Plus other prospects that we have.

Smid
O'Sullivan/Cogs
Chorney

What would you want.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:10 PM
LordLucic*

Boston would be looking for a puck moving defensemen if they are going to trade Phil Kessel all the while shedding a little salary.

So start with Grebeskov and work off that.

LordLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 07:19 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucic View Post
Boston would be looking for a puck moving defensemen if they are going to trade Phil Kessel all the while shedding a little salary.

So start with Grebeskov and work off that.
If its a puck mover the B's want, the Leafs have one.

Would love to have Kessel in a Leafs uniform

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Alex28*

Grebeshkov, Cogliano, 10th overall for Kessel, 1st?

Cogliano would greatly help with Bruins' team speed, which is very lacking, Grebeshkov would possibly improve their abortion of a breakout, and 10th overall could be enough to draft Cowen, Kulikov, Schroeder or OEL.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 08:32 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
No way in hell am I willing to part with Grebs.

Gilbert
1st
Prospect not named Plante, Nash, Eberle, Chorney or Petrey.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 08:45 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post

Gilbert
1st
You wouldn't trade Grebeshkov for Phil Kessel?

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post

Gilbert
1st
Pretty sure if they're letting go of Kessel for salary reasons, they don't want Gilbert back.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:49 AM
rockinghockey

I could see something with Grebs, Cogs and another prospect to Boston for Kessel if he wants 5 mil. Boston wont be able to sign him for that. What are you guys hearing in Boston.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:00 AM
LordLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I could see something with Grebs, Cogs and another prospect to Boston for Kessel if he wants 5 mil. Boston wont be able to sign him for that. What are you guys hearing in Boston.
Right now Kessel and the B's aren't close in contract negotiations. Definitely a possibility of him being traded.

Old
06-10-2009, 11:31 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
we are hearing that they have barely even started talking contract, so all this speculation about what he wants is just that, speculation.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Right now Kessel and the B's aren't close in contract negotiations. Definitely a possibility of him being traded.
Heresay.

Right now, according to the Bruins blog writer for weei, Kessel's agent has informed him they just opened up negotiations. Garrioch again is talking out his anal orifice.

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/

Quote:
Kessel’s agent Wade Arnott checked in with the Big Bad Blog on Tuesday afternoon, refuted the notion that the sides are at an impasse, and in fact stated that he and Chiarelli have just recently opened up contract discussions. The negotiations began in earnest this week following Kessel’s surgery to repair a torn labrum and torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder.

Kessel, a restricted free agent able to receive offer sheets from other teams if he’s still unsigned on July 1, has made it clear to Arnott that he wants to remain with the team that drafted him fifth overall in the first round back in the 2006 draft.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:59 AM
LordLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Heresay.

Right now, according to the Bruins blog writer for weei, Kessel's agent has informed him they just opened up negotiations. Garrioch again is talking out his anal orifice.

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/
Fair enough. I know Garrioch is Ecklund v.2 but his info was the only info we had until what you just posted.

It is still possible Kessel gets traded though seeing as Chia has almost traded him the past 2 deadlines. I would love to have him back and hopefully we can get him back at a reasonable contract.

Old
06-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Fair enough. I know Garrioch is Ecklund v.2 but his info was the only info we had until what you just posted.

It is still possible Kessel gets traded though seeing as Chia has almost traded him the past 2 deadlines. I would love to have him back and hopefully we can get him back at a reasonable contract.
More hearsay. From what we have heard, Kessel was the deal breaker last trade deadline day with St Louis. Chia was well into getting Tkachuk when St. Louis demanded Kessel back, which is when the deal apparently fell apart.

That turned into "Kessel's name was involved in trade talks last deadline", which then evolved into "Kessel was being shopped by Chia at the last deadline". Chia has stated previously Kessel was not being shopped.

He's a 36 goal scorer in 70 games at the age of 21. Take a look at the other guys who have done that... he shouldn't be moved period.

Old
06-10-2009, 12:25 PM
LordLucic*

Quote:
More hearsay. From what we have heard, Kessel was the deal breaker last trade deadline day with St Louis. Chia was well into getting Tkachuk when St. Louis demanded Kessel back, which is when the deal apparently fell apart.

That turned into "Kessel's name was involved in trade talks last deadline", which then evolved into "Kessel was being shopped by Chia at the last deadline". Chia has stated previously Kessel was not being shopped.

He's a 36 goal scorer in 70 games at the age of 21. Take a look at the other guys who have done that... he shouldn't be moved period.
I never said he should be moved. I said he COULD be moved.

Old
06-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
I never said he should be moved. I said he COULD be moved.
Well... anyone COULD be moved .

Old
06-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Wow, last year, when Kessel was having his amazing season, St. Louis wanted Kessel for Tkachuk ?

Last year as in the year that just passed where Boston finished first, or last year as in when Montréal finished 1st ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Wow, last year, when Kessel was having his amazing season, St. Louis wanted Kessel for Tkachuk ?

Last year as in the year that just passed where Boston finished first, or last year as in when Montréal finished 1st ?
This year just past.

The post from one of our boards insiders can be found here. His post came out before any other source indicating Boston and St Louis were in trade talks for Tkachuk. He's passed the mod test and can post insider talk on the occasion he does (and he doesn't post often, trade deadline was last we saw him), which I think lends credence to his posts.

More importantly, his version of events are founded in common sense. Not many teams would trade their leading goal scorer for a rentalat the deadline (even if it included a kid with upside as an addition) while attempting to build for a serious cup run (the rumor du jours elsewhere). When people are saying Kessel was shopped at the deadline, this is the rumor they're referring too as it went from Kessel involved in trade talks (which vaguely... he was although it wasn't Chia doing the involving), to Kessel was shopped... I believe it was Pierre McGuire that mentioned the deal on the table was Tkachuk and Perron.

Apparently the year before there was legit talk between Boston and Atlanta about Kessel in a package for Hossa (so Kessel was involved in trade talks, but not shopped as a specific return was needed to get him away from Boston), but all depended on an extension for MH. That extension part never happened, and neither did the deal.