HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott-Nyi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2009, 08:59 AM
  #1
Sureves
Registered User
 
Sureves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 7,063
vCash: 500
Ott-Nyi

To NYI: Heatley, Kelly, 1st '09

To Ottawa: 1st overall '09, Streit, 2nd '09

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:11 AM
  #2
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,227
vCash: 500
Potentially not a bad deal to be honest.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:29 AM
  #3
4thliner*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
To NYI: Heatley, Kelly, 1st '09

To Ottawa: 1st overall '09, Streit, 2nd '09
That is terrible...for Ottawa

So NYI and Ott exchange 1 and 9 for Heatley??


Ottawa should be trading anything else, 28 year old 50 goal 100 pt player is enough IMO.

They need to get an NHl contributer, a dynamite young prospect, and a top 5 pick for Heatley.

Plus I can bet my house Heatley does not waive his NTC to NYI.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:01 AM
  #4
Sureves
Registered User
 
Sureves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 7,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
That is terrible...for Ottawa

So NYI and Ott exchange 1 and 9 for Heatley??


Ottawa should be trading anything else, 28 year old 50 goal 100 pt player is enough IMO.

They need to get an NHl contributer, a dynamite young prospect, and a top 5 pick for Heatley.

Plus I can bet my house Heatley does not waive his NTC to NYI.
I don't even know if you read the proposal? Ottawa is NOT exchanging 9 for 1 for Heatley, they are gaining Streit, a 2nd round pick, and finally getting rid of Kelly.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:06 AM
  #5
Comely
Registered User
 
Comely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
I don't even know if you read the proposal? Ottawa is NOT exchanging 9 for 1 for Heatley, they are gaining Streit, a 2nd round pick, and finally getting rid of Kelly.
I would rather include Smith then Kelly unless we get indications that his injuries are forcing him to retire. Streit took his number 1 defenceman and he flourished with it.

Comely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:15 AM
  #6
4thliner*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
I don't even know if you read the proposal? Ottawa is NOT exchanging 9 for 1 for Heatley, they are gaining Streit, a 2nd round pick, and finally getting rid of Kelly.
I read what you wrote, it was exchange of 1st and 9 and Streit and 2nd. That is not a good deal for Heatley is the bottom line. Getting rid of Kelly shouldnt be that hard for a usefull 3rd liner making 2 mill or so.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:23 AM
  #7
Yitz
Registered User
 
Yitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
This would be a pretty dumb move for the Islanders. We get rid of our best d-man from last season just to get Heatley, a third liner and the 9th overall? I'd rather stick with our top d-man and the first overall thank you very much.

Yitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:27 AM
  #8
Kostas X
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
Islanders wouldn't do this. Doesn't make sense for them to do it.

They aren't ready to compete now, no point in adding Heatley and dropping out of the top 5 in the draft. Plus they lose their best (only?) dman in the process.

Value wise it may be somewhat close, but it doesn't make sense for the Islanders to do this IMO.

Kostas X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:37 AM
  #9
Anasazi
 
Anasazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New England
Country: United States
Posts: 1,987
vCash: 500
Isles overpay, as much as i'd like to do this trade...

Anasazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:41 AM
  #10
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
Heatley is a great talent, but it ends there. He fails to accomplish and produce when it matters, and the Islanders have sucked for far too long to blow it now. Trading for a player who wants out of a great hockey city and off a pretty damn good team is not admirable.. and he's sure to be put through much more before the Islanders contend on Long Island. Not the character mark of a player you give the 1st overall up for.

Secondly, Streit goes nowhere. He's a HUGE asset, is our best player and defenseman, and adds so many dimensions to this hockey club. A future Hedman-Streit combo is not something I hope the Islanders pass up on. What a treat.

Not a bad deal, but Heatley likely doesn't and will not come to Long Island. Just not the player you give up the first overall on, my opinion: as always.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:57 AM
  #11
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
Heatley has a no movement clause
why in the world would he accept a deal to the Islanders?

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:58 AM
  #12
4thliner*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,135
vCash: 500
Isn't this 32 year old former Hab Mark Streit, who Ottawa could have signed as UFA if they wanted to pay up the money for him, we are talking about?

The fact that PP specialist Streit is the best player in long Island says more about the state of that team and why they need to keep drafting and developing their young players. I agree, if NYI are 5+ year away from contending then they probably do not need to trade for and add a 28 year old superstar at this point.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:06 AM
  #13
The Brazen Head
 
The Brazen Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
I would also pass on this deal from the Isles point of view for the reasons others have stated.

The Brazen Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:43 AM
  #14
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
the islanders are not a possible destination for heater...

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:56 AM
  #15
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
To NYI: Heatley, Kelly, 1st '09

To Ottawa: 1st overall '09, Streit, 2nd '09

I knew it was just a matter of time before we saw a Heatley to Isles proposal.

Sigh. So predictable!


Now, cue the debates about proven stars vs. the value of prospects and let's get this thing going!

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:57 AM
  #16
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Isn't this 32 year old former Hab Mark Streit, who Ottawa could have signed as UFA if they wanted to pay up the money for him, we are talking about?

The fact that PP specialist Streit is the best player in long Island says more about the state of that team and why they need to keep drafting and developing their young players. I agree, if NYI are 5+ year away from contending then they probably do not need to trade for and add a 28 year old superstar at this point.

Actually, I think this post just shows how little you know about Streit.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:09 PM
  #17
Caseus
squirrelly wrath
 
Caseus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,224
vCash: 500
I'd sell my wife for the chance to draft Tavares, but I just can't see the Islanders trading the first overall pick, and I can't see Heater accepting the move.

Err....don't tell my wife about this, k?

Caseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:10 PM
  #18
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamy View Post
I'd sell my wife for the chance to draft Tavares, but I just can't see the Islanders trading the first overall pick, and I can't see Heater accepting the move.

Err....don't tell my wife about this, k?

LOL.

P.S. I think your handle and avatar are both hysterical too.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:15 PM
  #19
Comely
Registered User
 
Comely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Isn't this 32 year old former Hab Mark Streit, who Ottawa could have signed as UFA if they wanted to pay up the money for him, we are talking about?

The fact that PP specialist Streit is the best player in long Island says more about the state of that team and why they need to keep drafting and developing their young players. I agree, if NYI are 5+ year away from contending then they probably do not need to trade for and add a 28 year old superstar at this point.
Well no one wanted to give Striet the money he wanted because they all thought he was merely a PP specialist. If you havent seen him play on the island then just look at his stats 56 pts and +6 while playing with the ISLANDERS this is not a team that could shelter defensive shortcommings he is the only positive player that played more then 25 games for the team.

Comely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:32 PM
  #20
Huston
Registered User
 
Huston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,215
vCash: 500
Islanders would do this strait up if it was Mike Milbury in charge.


Huston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:33 PM
  #21
heatley_fan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
Considering that Streit would be a top pairing defenseman in Ottawa, I would take this deal and run.

But I'm afraid NYI hangs up the phone.

heatley_fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:37 PM
  #22
STEVENS4
 
STEVENS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Torona'
Country: Canada
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
Heatley is a great talent, but it ends there. He fails to accomplish and produce when it matters, and the Islanders have sucked for far too long to blow it now. Trading for a player who wants out of a great hockey city and off a pretty damn good team is not admirable.. and he's sure to be put through much more before the Islanders contend on Long Island. Not the character mark of a player you give the 1st overall up for.

Secondly, Streit goes nowhere. He's a HUGE asset, is our best player and defenseman, and adds so many dimensions to this hockey club. A future Hedman-Streit combo is not something I hope the Islanders pass up on. What a treat.

Not a bad deal, but Heatley likely doesn't and will not come to Long Island. Just not the player you give up the first overall on, my opinion: as always.

... lets not go too far with this one.

STEVENS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:43 PM
  #23
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,332
vCash: 500
Any possibility of a Heatley/Lee for #1/Okposo or Streit deal?

I know of the huge mancrush on Okposo on the Island which is why i added the either/or. Opening it up for discussion anyways.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:52 PM
  #24
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
No, are you nuts? Okposo is going nowhere. This kid is going to explode next year. If anyone wants Okposo, start by getting over that pipe dream, and than add some sanity.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:58 PM
  #25
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
Any possibility of a Heatley/Lee for #1/Okposo or Streit deal?

I know of the huge mancrush on Okposo on the Island which is why i added the either/or. Opening it up for discussion anyways.
I'm not sure what would make you guys think you'll get this kind of value in general for Heatley. heatley is a great player but, the Hossa deal notwithstanding, it is nearly impossible to get value for a superstar in deal - especially a superstar with a big contract. If Heatley does get move, I think that SENS fans will be very, very disappointed with the return.

But, this stuff with the Isles is silly even for this board. Isles are not trading Okposo, Streit, or the first. Simply not happening. Heatley is not waiving his NMC to come to the Island anyway, and Wang would never approve that contract (especially will all the doubts about the new building).

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.