HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

What's the future for Oscar Moller?

Old
06-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Worst case, Eric Belanger.

Best case, Alfredsson
Sounds about right.

Captain Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 11:26 PM
ukyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer View Post
I always saw comparisons to Krejci with Moller. Remember, Krejci was having issues about being knocked off the puck too easily. Moller is only 19. Unless you are built like a beast, most 19 year olds get knocked off the puck in the NHL. Give him some time. And then there was a shoulder injury also.

One of Moller's best attributes which you don't get to see in the stat sheet and definitely not in your first year in the NHL is the team leader that he is (or will become). His teammates really liked him straight out of training camp, I mean REALLY liked him. That says a lot about a 19 year old.
Am I the only one that found that a little disturbing?

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 11:48 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
I didn't mean "Dustin Brown"-liked.

06-10-2009, 12:26 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
No.

That said, what's not to like? You can see the kid's competitive fire burning. Sometimes the guys who don't make it have all the skill but do not have that burning desire to win (Hello, Boyle, Purcell). I think given his talent and competitive nature he'll be a very, very good NHL'er. However, he and Simmonds need to be going to buffets three times a day, every day this summer. When they're not eating, they need to be lifting.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:30 PM
VictoryRose

the kid is all smiles. Everyone in the whole organization loves having him around.

Right now, the biggest challenge facing Oscar is that he has to prove he's a second line guy. a scorer. he will not be a third liner going beyond the early development of his career. his role is scorer, not checker. This isn't to say he can't do that, clearly he's fairly responsible in his own end, but he won't excel there.

for once, I think I pretty much agree with Legionaire's assessment.

Also, I expect him to be challenged big time by Loki in camp.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:57 PM
ukyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
the kid is all smiles. Everyone in the whole organization loves having him around.

Right now, the biggest challenge facing Oscar is that he has to prove he's a second line guy. a scorer. he will not be a third liner going beyond the early development of his career. his role is scorer, not checker. This isn't to say he can't do that, clearly he's fairly responsible in his own end, but he won't excel there.

for once, I think I pretty much agree with Legionaire's assessment.

Also, I expect him to be challenged big time by Loki in camp.
No, his biggest challenge is to eat more fried chicken.

I'm not sure that he can't cut it at center at some point in his career. He reminds me of when Zetterberg first came up. Zetterberg also played some center but he was puny so Detroit made him play a wing. Now that he's bulked up a bit as he's gotten more mature, he is capable of shadowing Crosby. From what I've seen of Moller, he has the ability to cover the center position. Plus, he has shown that he can pass (very well) on both his forehand and backhand. That ability will be a waste on the wing. But as you said he's just too small right now.

Eat up, Oscar.

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote