HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Heatley for Bobby Ryan

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2009, 01:32 PM
  #51
SP
Registered User
 
SP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
And hasn't come close since.
Since replicating it?

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:33 PM
  #52
Twindad*
Father of Twins
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cali-for-ni-a
Country: United States
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
I'll take Heatley and give up Ryan if you can guarantee we can get Nash too.

Nash, Getzlaf and Heatley

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:35 PM
  #53
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tooth Grin View Post
Since replicating it?
I don't care if he replicated it a few years ago. Here and now, he's a 40 goal sub-ppg player making 10 million next year.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:37 PM
  #54
SP
Registered User
 
SP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
I don't care if he replicated it a few years ago. Here and now, he's a 40 goal sub-ppg player making 10 million next year.
You seem to be confused. I was talking about where you implied that Heatley couldn't replicate his 50 goal season.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:38 PM
  #55
Ducks
Registered User
 
Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Riverside, Calif.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
I don't care if he replicated it a few years ago. Here and now, he's a 40 goal sub-ppg player making 10 million next year.
who is also soft, has an inconsistent work ethic, and possibly issues with his ego if it's true that he demanded a trade because of the new coach.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:42 PM
  #56
IWD
Playoff-hardened
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,017
vCash: 500
I've seen Heatley play for years. He's a great offensive threat, but that's really all he brings to the table. One-dimensional, and pretty soft. If he's not scoring goals, he's not doing much.

Bobby Ryan is more of a question mark in what he'll become, but he's a far more complete player with less scoring potential. At the end of the day, though, he's cheaper and his cap-friendly contract makes his value go up. Heaters doesn't really earn that contact.

I don't know. I've never liked one-dimensional players. I really dislike them, actually. I'd probably prefer to have Bobby Ryan over the long-term, but that's just me. But then, my team is rebuilding, so players in their late 20's aren't as appealing as they used to be.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:43 PM
  #57
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tooth Grin View Post
You seem to be confused. I was talking about where you implied that Heatley couldn't replicate his 50 goal season.
Don't get angry just because someone points out Heaters recent lack of production. It's a fact. My point about not replicating his 50 goal season (in 06-07 to simplify for you) was that not only rookies are liable to inconsistent production. If that point eludes you, tough luck.

Fact is, for 7.5M cap hit, a player is expected to produce 50g, 100 point seasons regularly. Heatley hasn't been able to, irregardless of whether he once has.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:43 PM
  #58
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
And hasn't come close since.
It's hard to score goals with a separated shoulder...unless you're a duck.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:45 PM
  #59
kingpest19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
Don't get angry just because someone points out Heaters recent lack of production. It's a fact. My point about not replicating his 50 goal season (in 06-07 to simplify for you) was that not only rookies are liable to inconsistent production. If that point eludes you, tough luck.

Fact is, for 7.5M cap hit, a player is expected to produce 50g, 100 point seasons regularly. Heatley hasn't been able to, irregardless of whether he once has.
Fact is Heatley was in the first year of that contract. How about letting him have more than one shot at replicating a 50g 100 p season before saying he cant do it again.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:45 PM
  #60
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
It's hard to score goals with a separated shoulder...unless you're a duck.
They made him play two whole seasons with a separated shoulder. Yikes, who knows what kind of permanent damage that can cause.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:50 PM
  #61
Laoghaire
Registered User
 
Laoghaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
I don't care if he replicated it a few years ago. Here and now, he's a 40 goal sub-ppg player making 10 million next year.
Making 8 million next year with a 7.5 cap hit and 7 million in salary on average for the remaining 5 years on the contract.

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:50 PM
  #62
Primakov!
Registered User
 
Primakov!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Yesteryear
Posts: 1,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
I suspect Anaheim keeps Ryan though, more value when you relate their salaries to performance. However, Lupul and Heater did look great together so you never know.
So you're saying that Philadelphia needs to trade Lupul back to Anaheim to make this all work?

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:51 PM
  #63
SP
Registered User
 
SP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
Don't get angry just because someone points out Heaters recent lack of production. It's a fact. My point about not replicating his 50 goal season (in 06-07 to simplify for you) was that not only rookies are liable to inconsistent production. If that point eludes you, tough luck.

Fact is, for 7.5M cap hit, a player is expected to produce 50g, 100 point seasons regularly. Heatley hasn't been able to, irregardless of whether he once has.
Angry? Not sure where you got that. I'm also not sure where you got the idea that I don't think his production has dropped. And the fact here is that Heatley replicated his 50 goal season.

Did you mean to say you didn't think he could replicate a 50 goal season that replicated a 50 goal season? Perhaps a little more research and explicit posts on your part could clear all this up.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:53 PM
  #64
Alex28*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,989
vCash: 500
Ducks get bent over, have a red hot poker shoved up their ass, then get bent over again.

LETS DO IT!

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:55 PM
  #65
Randall Graves*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,622
vCash: 500
Not only do the sens want Ryan, but a high pick to? given our salary structure this is not a deal the ducks can make straight up

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:56 PM
  #66
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tooth Grin View Post
Perhaps a little more research and explicit posts on your part could clear all this up.
You seem to be the only one that has problems understanding the underlying point. Which is, not only rookies have risk involved considering future production, as was implied in the posts i responded to.

So instead of dumbing down my posts just for you, i'll just ignore you.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:57 PM
  #67
Rickety Cricket
Registered User
 
Rickety Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not Kent Huskins
Country: United States
Posts: 28,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Not only do the sens want Ryan, but a high pick to? given our salary structure this is not a deal the ducks can make straight up
Sure they can, in fact, I encourage it.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:01 PM
  #68
SP
Registered User
 
SP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
You seem to be the only one that has problems understanding the underlying point. Which is, not only rookies have risk involved considering future production, as was implied in the posts i responded to.

So instead of dumbing down my posts just for you, i'll just ignore you.
Just a final piece of advice. When trying to make a point, supporting it with factually inaccurate information isn't a great idea.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:01 PM
  #69
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
They made him play two whole seasons with a separated shoulder. Yikes, who knows what kind of permanent damage that can cause.
Most ducks can score 50 goals in 70 or so games but he is only an Ottawa Senator. Heatley just isn't capable of such feats. Perhaps if only he had Bobby Ryan's ability, name and jersey number, he'd have been able to.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:03 PM
  #70
Alex28*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,989
vCash: 500
Also people tend to forget that he's soft, horrible defensively and needs a star caliber center to carry him. But he gets paid like a complete package.

Ducks are better off signing Cammalleri if they need a 2nd line that bad. I'm sure the extra 10-15 goals a year Heatley maybe would produce over Cammalleri would be compensated by keeping Ryan and the lower cap hit.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:05 PM
  #71
TheJudge
Registered User
 
TheJudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 788
vCash: 500
05/06 0.61 GPG
06/07 0.61 GPG
07/08 0.58 GPG <--- You're right! Not even close.
08/09 0.48 GPG

I'll give you that last year was less than stellar by his standards (still 9th in the NHL for goals). I'd give him a year to rebound before calling him a "declining" Heatley. Also, calling .03 GPG less (or 1 less goal for every 33 games played) "not even close" is a bit of a stretch.

TheJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:07 PM
  #72
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
Most ducks can score 50 goals in 70 or so games but he is only an Ottawa Senator. Heatley just isn't capable of such feats. Perhaps if only he had Bobby Ryan's ability, name and jersey number, he'd have been able to.
No Duck can do that and neither can Heatley so i miss your point. No Duck has a cap hit of 7.5 either.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:11 PM
  #73
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post
I'll give you that last year was less than stellar by his standards (still 9th in the NHL for goals). I'd give him a year to rebound before calling him a "declining" Heatley. Also, calling .03 GPG less (or 1 less goal for every 33 games played) "not even close" is a bit of a stretch.
If only the Ducks had had someone score that crucial .03 goal to force overtime in game 7 against Detroit. 41 is not close to 50, as is Ryan not a 40 goal scorer despite having been on pace to do it.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:17 PM
  #74
4thliner*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Fact is Heatley was in the first year of that contract. How about letting him have more than one shot at replicating a 50g 100 p season before saying he cant do it again.
Heatley has done 50 goals 100+ pts 2 times already in Ottawa and back to back. There isnt any doubt in anyone's mind he can do it again and even better it since he is only 28.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:17 PM
  #75
TheJudge
Registered User
 
TheJudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 788
vCash: 500
You can't expect someone to score in games they don't play in.

TheJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.