HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dany Heatley asks for trade from Senators (per EJ Hradek on NHL Live)

Old
06-10-2009, 08:27 AM
otto bond

vCash: 500
I'm beginning to see a trend with Kings fan
I guess it's nice to see that they love hockey in LA.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Lunatik*

I think this will play out differently than many think... I have a feeling the best offer won't land Heatley... I think what we could see is Murray get a significant of offers he can live with and then he will go to Heatley and give him the list of suitors and take the best offer from the teams Heatley chooses

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:07 AM
SP

This news has made this forum even worse than it already is. Half the damn threads here are stupid trade proposals for this guy.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tooth Grin View Post
This news has made this forum even worse than it already is. Half the damn threads here are stupid trade proposals for this guy.
And the Lightning fans are laughing at us.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
READ THE THREAD

Kings fans, NOT RANDALL GRAVES brought up ANAHEIM PLAYERS.
First mention of a Duck player (albeit a trade proposal) by guess who?

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...&postcount=621

Second mention of a Duck player by none other than.. you again!

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...&postcount=655

Guess what? You are WRONG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
I gave my opinion on Dustin Brown and THEY turned this into me responding to them.

It's very simple, apparently because i'm a fan of a certain team, I'm not allowed an opinion, very communist like Kings fans.
Yes communist.. like Marc Crawford. Thanks Lubomir! Is that the $5 word of the day?

You are allowed to have an opinion but you can't fault a guy for missing time with that kind of a situation. I don't remember any Kings fans poking fun at Giguere when his kid was hurt. I'm sure there possibly were a few but you just sunk yourself to that level.. of communistKings fans.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:38 AM
guyzeur

vCash: 50
For those in favors of JJ:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=21256

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:58 AM
reasoner19

Sorry if this has already been posted but did anyone see John Garrett losing his mind about Heatley on the Hockey Central Panel. He basically said that Heatley needs to prove himself first before he can demand a trade and he also said Heatley definately doesn't want to go to a canadian team. In my opinion John Garrett is a waste of space he never seems to have anything legit to say sort of like Al Strachan. I don't understand where he gets off saying Heatley needs to prove himself. Look at his numbers back to back 50 goal seasons 2 100 point seasons and he is over a point a game player for his career. As Ryan Rishaug and Bob McKenzie pointed out yesterday on an Edmonton radio station Heatley will waive his no trade clause to go to the Oilers so Garrett is wrong about Heatley not wanting to play in Canada. My guess is he wouldn't mind Calgary or Vancouver either. John Garrett needs to quit now because even Kypreos looks good when Garrett is on the panel.

reasoner19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:03 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tooth Grin View Post
Welcome to the hell Atlanta fans have to put up with regarding Kovalchuk trade rumors/proposals.

dj4aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:43 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
First mention of a Duck player (albeit a trade proposal) by guess who?

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...&postcount=621

Second mention of a Duck player by none other than.. you again!

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...&postcount=655

Guess what? You are WRONG.
Well done sir

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:16 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Way to use a blog by a guy whose by far one of the biggest critics of anything Kings related. He hasnt revealed anything new that noone hasnt heard about. Hes basically ripping on JJ for the actions of his dad. He rips him for lack of production on the PP when he really hasnt seen all that much time on the PP. And Johnson doesnt fit in in the lockerroom and has moped around all the time? For some reason I find that hard to believe.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:27 PM
mydnyte

Like I posted in another thread, the Sens are going to be forced to trade for similar $$

the ideal player i think for the Sens team is Drury.

Drury and Sanguinetti
for
Heatley

Drury will give the Sens something they have lacked for ages, a quality leader who will give 100% effort ...and the Rangers get a great soft/floating scorer.

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
Like I posted in another thread, the Sens are going to be forced to trade for similar $$

the ideal player i think for the Sens team is Drury.

Drury and Sanguinetti
for
Heatley

Drury will give the Sens something they have lacked for ages, a quality leader who will give 100% effort ...and the Rangers get a great soft/floating scorer.
1) Why are the Sens forced to do anything? Heatley has a contract and Murray is a stubborn guy. Heatley might just have to tough it out and learn to love Clouston like in D3 or something.

2) lol Drury.

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:30 PM
SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
Drury will give the Sens something they have lacked for ages, a quality leader who will give 100% effort
Maybe the Rangers should trade Lundqvist to the Devils too. Since New Jersey has lacked a quality starting goalie for ages, right?

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Fozz

Ottawa should look for another goal scoring winger coming back if they trade Heatley. I see 2 major reasons for this... One, him and Spezza do have very good chemistry and no Healtey means Spezza won't be as valuable. Two, the Sens already don't have many goal scoring forwards and it showed an awful lot last season.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Kamina
Amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
10th overall +Cogliano

You made it too easy for us Oilers fans, of course I'm going to get flamed for his.
9999th post!
Tempting. 2nd round pick added?

I agree with FGM. Heatley won't take it so far. If Heatley isn't traded, he has to play for the Ottawa Senators, period.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
TFP:

It's believed the Kings are willing to put together a package that could include such assets as defenseman Jack Johnson, forward Alexander Frolov and the fifth-overall pick in this year's NHL Entry Draft.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/ott090610.html

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 03:14 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by All I Ever Wanted View Post
TFP:

It's believed the Kings are willing to put together a package that could include such assets as defenseman Jack Johnson, forward Alexander Frolov and the fifth-overall pick in this year's NHL Entry Draft.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/ott090610.html
Frolov+ for Heatley is a lateral move at best. Talk about LA taking a step in the wrong direction.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by All I Ever Wanted View Post
TFP:

It for sure is not believed by me.

EDIT: Well, if I read it again, it doesn't say much. They are willing to put together a package that could include assets as... They are not saying all of that. They just say one of those three pieces might be a part of a deal. Pretty bold statement is what remains...

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 03:32 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I think this will play out differently than many think... I have a feeling the best offer won't land Heatley... I think what we could see is Murray get a significant of offers he can live with and then he will go to Heatley and give him the list of suitors and take the best offer from the teams Heatley chooses

You are acting as if Heatley is in the final year of his deal or about tp become a UFA July 1 and has a gun to the teams head. He doesn't. He signed a 5 year deal. So unless he doesn't wanna sit and rot he CAN'T AFFORD TO SAY NO TO ANY TRADE. He will be involved in the best trade that makes Ottawa better.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 03:37 PM
source

I don't like the idea of just one year of Frolov... maybe if you guys take Kelly and Smith off our hands too.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Snyper8

i feel bad for senator fans because they are not going to get equal value for heatley. all of this package deal talk isnt going to happen. i can see a 1st rounder and a 2nd liner. some gm is going to **** ottawa and i hope its the kings that are doing the ****** because kopitar is just a left handed jason spezza. he would be a real good fit with the kings.

Snyper8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Eklund just said Edmonton isn't likely to happen... Buy that ticket to Edmonton now Danny.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:05 PM
BeerandHockey
╚(_)╝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Eklund just said Edmonton isn't likely to happen... Buy that ticket to Edmonton now Danny.
It's funny cuz its true! Bet on the opposite of what Eklund says.

BeerandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:06 PM
SENSfreak_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Ottawa should look for another goal scoring winger coming back if they trade Heatley. I see 2 major reasons for this... One, him and Spezza do have very good chemistry and no Healtey means Spezza won't be as valuable. Two, the Sens already don't have many goal scoring forwards and it showed an awful lot last season.
has he played games yet? This could also take spezza to another level where he takes over games over himself, and doesn't always try to set people up.

and I think this trade should be used to improve the overall forward depth, Spezza and Alfie (who really makes that line click) can be the big guys, we need secondary scoring.

SENSfreak_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
You are acting as if Heatley is in the final year of his deal or about tp become a UFA July 1 and has a gun to the teams head. He doesn't. He signed a 5 year deal. So unless he doesn't wanna sit and rot he CAN'T AFFORD TO SAY NO TO ANY TRADE. He will be involved in the best trade that makes Ottawa better.

Sure he can say no to a trade. What makes you think he can't?

Hypothetically speaking, let's say the Isles offer something absurd (1st overall + Okposo). Because they are rebuilding - Heatley say "no", and there's not jack squat Murray can do about it. Meanwhile, until he gets traded he's not putting out 100% on the ice, and it's dragging the rest of the team down.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote